Nero shock caps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bic1090

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
What's up guys?! So im loving my Nero, mostly. I had already read about the issues with the shock rod ends and push rod ends so that wasn't a shock when they broke. My question is this, has anyone found aluminum shock caps that will fit the Nero? I don't care if I have to use savage or traxxas parts, just want it to stay on. I have had the same one pop off twice already, which is easy to fix but it makes a huge mess. Thanks all!

What's up guys?! So im loving my Nero, mostly. I had already read about the issues with the shock rod ends and push rod ends so that wasn't a shock when they broke. My question is this, has anyone found aluminum shock caps that will fit the Nero? I don't care if I have to use savage or traxxas parts, just want it to stay on. I have had the same one pop off twice already, which is easy to fix but it makes a huge mess. Thanks all!

So I found the answer incase anyone is curious. The Kraton aluminum shock caps work on the Nero. There are a couple things that need to be done though because they are a bit smaller in dimension then the Nero caps so new gaskets are needed. If anyone would like I can share what I did in the Nero forum. Or pm me. Pease out.

Ok I can make a write up of sorts.. Haha. I've never made one before so I hope it turns out well. I'll make one in the Nero forum as well as the suspension forum. May take me a minute but I'll be there.

Please post it. Pictures and part numbers would be great. Thanks!

Quick question... are you gyys blowing caps off jumping or crashing? Ive broken a few rod ends and a-arms but always crashing. I think tbe issue is not the caps but the suspension being pulled past its limit and thats when things get broken... i am going to make some sort of limiter strap, so it will have full range of motion but cannot be pulled past full extention... the stock oil is pretty thick i did my shocks with 70wt and 60wt... im going to get some 100wt soon and do all of my shocks again. And there are a bunch of extra dampers included eith the nero to further une shocks... less holes in dampers will also stiffen shocks a bit... i will be experimentung when i get time... who knows when that will be i am waiting on parts for both arrmas my halix and my stampede thats being transformed into a monster slash.

I believe that I blew it the first time during a crash, the second time was after a jump. Or maybe it was reversed, either way it was one of both.

Quick question... are you gyys blowing caps off jumping or crashing? Ive broken a few rod ends and a-arms but always crashing. I think tbe issue is not the caps but the suspension being pulled past its limit and thats when things get broken... i am going to make some sort of limiter strap, so it will have full range of motion but cannot be pulled past full extention... the stock oil is pretty thick i did my shocks with 70wt and 60wt... im going to get some 100wt soon and do all of my shocks again. And there are a bunch of extra dampers included eith the nero to further une shocks... less holes in dampers will also stiffen shocks a bit... i will be experimentung when i get time... who knows when that will be i am waiting on parts for both arrmas my halix and my stampede thats being transformed into a monster slash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back