Nero shock tuning/build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.... while i was running a couple days ago I blew a shock cap off... no big deal but a big mess... i refilled and put it back in after a bit of running i noticed it was loose and leaking. So took it out again it is done for its stripped and wont tighten properly so im ordering some kraton caps and im gonna make them work. There is a thread here ive read about it... i decided to clean up skid plate and put on the new aluminum servo horn. This is what i found... a bent rod end wow big suprise... lol i have plenty of spares so i toook it all apart and put new one on it. I was wondering why i had to adjust my steering trim this was it... new servo arm went on no problem, i tightened servo saver and waiting on fix for shock caps.
20160830_220514.jpg
20160830_221337.jpg
20160830_215708.jpg

View attachment 2556 Broke a rocker arm post today it was a female dog to get out beacuse it was bent a little bit. So my nero is on the bench once again... all parts ordered also ordered the aluminum servo arm and more shock rod ends just used my last one... it was a pretty good crash that caused the post to break unbelievably the pushrod ends and shock rod ends are fine. More pics coming when i get servo arm on... stay tuned for more fun and carnage....
I had one of the post break on me as well. I saw saw how walk looking the factory post were and found a stainless steel screw in my shed the same thread and size as the post. Much stronger and fit perfectly through bearings and existing hole for post. I believe the screws I got from lowes. $2.50 for two of them. Highly recommend the upgrade. Very cheap and stronger than the factory post.

I had one of the post break on me as well. I saw saw how walk looking the factory post were and found a stainless steel screw in my shed the same thread and size as the post. Much stronger and fit perfectly through bearings and existing hole for post. I believe the screws I got from lowes. $2.50 for two of them. Highly recommend the upgrade. Very cheap and stronger than the factory post.
Nice... that's actually a awesome idea. You put a couple washers under the rocker arm? Just wondering because there is a small space between frame and rocker arm... I got new ones but if it breakstill again I'm doing just this.

Nice... that's actually a awesome idea. You put a couple washers under the rocker arm? Just wondering because there is a small space between frame and rocker arm... I got new ones but if it breakstill again I'm doing just this.
Yup I have a small washer underneath of the rocker that I drilled out. Works perfectly. Sorry about my first post with all of the typos. Autocorrect messed it all up.

Yup I have a small washer underneath of the rocker that I drilled out. Works perfectly. Sorry about my first post with all of the typos. Autocorrect messed it all up.
Awesome to know. You should if you have not start a thread about it. Very good idea...

Well I have an update on my suspension tuning, some will think this is funny, I think it has finally tamed the soft suspension.I emptied out the shock oil and pushed them up all the way filled with 10k diff lube then I pulled them down filled to about 3/4 with 40wt shock oil, worked the pistons for awhile let em sit checked to be sure all air was outa them and added diff lube to top it off. When reassembleing I moved the shocks into the last hole to raise it up even higher front and rear preload all the way down I can drop it from chest high and it does not bottom out. Ran it but not that long before motor blew so now waiting on my replacement.

Wow nice, that's some good experimentation. How does the Nero handle high-speed uneven ground with your setup?

Like how casual you are with blowing a motor. Lol. Are you going to replace it with the same stock BLX?

Wow nice, that's some good experimentation. How does the Nero handle high-speed uneven ground with your setup?

Like how casual you are with blowing a motor. Lol. Are you going to replace it with the same stock BLX?
It handled good, it is less stable in turns due to much higher center of gravity and is a bit stiff feeling but I will lessen the preload a bit to see how that works. I sent my motor in to arrma for replacement, I will most likely continue to use the stock motor, I like it and think that something may have let go inside it was only 109° when I hi it with temp gun right after it broke. I am also going to try some grease in the diffs, not positive what I'm going to use but I have a couple ideas and need to compare the thickness of them to determine what to use where...

Well I have an update on my suspension tuning, some will think this is funny, I think it has finally tamed the soft suspension.I emptied out the shock oil and pushed them up all the way filled with 10k diff lube then I pulled them down filled to about 3/4 with 40wt shock oil, worked the pistons for awhile let em sit checked to be sure all air was outa them and added diff lube to top it off. When reassembleing I moved the shocks into the last hole to raise it up even higher front and rear preload all the way down I can drop it from chest high and it does not bottom out. Ran it but not that long before motor blew so now waiting on my replacement.
Whoa Josh - you blew the Nero motor? How in the world? Did you swap out the esc?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back