Nero Steering Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff K

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hi All, I`m new here and am very much a novice. I`ve got an almost new standard Nero and not long after I got it the steering servo burned up (no known reason it just stopped steering?). Armma "fixed" it but the truck won`t steer well at all when in motion. With no weight on the wheels it works fine but just seems to have no power in the servo? Do I have a "bad" servo, one that`s just not sufficient or is there a setting that`s wrong?? The manuals don`t tell you much. I do see posts of people upgrading them, is this why or do I have another problem. Thanks

Check the servo saver, make sure it's good and tight. I know that some times they arrive loose from Arrma.

I told you I was a novice! What/where is the servo saver? Is it internal to the servo?
Thanks

The servo saver is connected between the servo and the steering arms. Take a look at page 50 & 51 in your manual.

Remove the bottom skid plate and tighten every screw you see in there especially everything thats connected to the servo. Besides the servo saver when I inspected mine some of the linkages needed to be tightened down as well right out of the box.

Thanks everyone. Duh, I did find the servo saver and after messing with it a bit I`ve got it steering "ok" which I`m guessing is as good as when it was new but after my experience and seeing others posts it does appear I`ll need to upgrade the servo if I expect the kind of steering response I get from my Typhon. My Typhon steers on a dime but also has 1/3 the amount of tires on it.

I had a similar issue with my Nero. The servo saver was loose. I had already swapped to an upgraded servo, but whatever. The servo saver was a female dog to adjust on mine. Look for the red disc and loose them. The top one is to just keep the bottom one in place. I tightened mine about 2/3rd of the way and I am satisfied with the steering at this point. I have a savox 1230 servo too, so that helps as well. The servo to me, makes a big difference when I am driving thru rough terrain at a high rate of speed.

Thanks for the info. I did mess with the servo saver a bit and steering is better but just not great. I think I`m going to upgrade the servo as well. It`s kind of too bad as the truck is pretty well built except for the servo and the MFG putting such large tires on it should have beefed up the servo??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back