Nero tierod end

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattlehead

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
So I broke a lower front tierod end this weekend. I started looking for replacement parts and they are all sold out. Does anyone know of part from a different manufacturer that will fit the Nero? Everyone is saying end of January before the Arrma parts are back in stock and I would rather not wait. I also hope Arrma gets better at keeping part available for the Nero in the future. I understand it is relatively new.

So I broke a lower front tierod end this weekend. I started looking for replacement parts and they are all sold out. Does anyone know of part from a different manufacturer that will fit the Nero? Everyone is saying end of January before the Arrma parts are back in stock and I would rather not wait. I also hope Arrma gets better at keeping part available for the Nero in the future. I understand it is relatively new.

yeah...with shipping this time of year...things should be fine by next week...but check ebay...somebody typically has every part I have ever needed...

if you mean the plastic part, so it is an old issue..
check the forum for that and you´ll find something about parts form asso or losi.
Or take some from aluminium which where used on big rc-planes. You can get them M4 by M4.

Regards,
lonee

Yes it's the plastic part that connects to the lower A frame. Thanks for the heads up.

I am not sure, but i read something about that the nero Big Rock has stronger parts.
I don't know if these parts also HD like the Big Rock axles.
What ya doing with this car? I just had break one body stand since i has the Big Rock.
I have it now since around 5 weeks and driving maybe all two days together with my colleagues.
No broken diff locks, no rod ends, no shock ends and also no blown up tires with 6s.
Ok, maybe I am to old and I drive softer than younger people! ;-)

I've only driven it a few times. I been driving in a new subdivision that only has dirt pads with small bumps for jumping. To be honest I don't really know what happened. I noticed it when I brought the car up to me. There wasn't a moment that I said "oh man something got to be broken after that". I've also been somewhat cautious how I've been driving since I'm new to the hobby and want to get the feel for the car.
I will also look at the Big Rock rod ends. Thanks for the input fellas.

Ah, Ok, so I will makes no sense to repair a weak part with the same.
Mine is not broken yet, but I´ll keep my eyes open to find something else.

Regards,
lonee

So the ones for the Fazon will work in the Nero? Do you know the part number by chance?

Yes. They will work. I don't thing they are selling them separately yet...or at least I haven't seen them.

I just looked at the blowup pics for the Big rock nero and fazon all use the same rod ends for the pushrods - as well as steering rods. AR340093. The shock ends and driveshafts were upgraded in the bigrock and fazon and all three have different shock shafts.

I just looked at the blowup pics for the Big rock nero and fazon all use the same rod ends for the pushrods - as well as steering rods. AR340093. The shock ends and driveshafts were upgraded in the bigrock and fazon and all three have different shock shafts.
That's the part that's all sold out. It's due in late January.

That's strange. All I can tell you is that it's different. The Nero rod ends are the same diameter as the end of the rods while the Fazon rod ends tapper out for a larger diameter.

Attachments

• 20170101_182821.jpg
    20170101_182821.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 88
  • 20170101_182837.jpg
    20170101_182837.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 86
20161228_124153.jpg

@Cr3pitus mentioned using Associated pn 89077 to upgrade but I'm thinking that is for the upper that attaches to the cantilever. Probably a good upgrade to do but doesn't help with the lower rod end.

I have broken two of these so far I have used the revo posts and ends that are for the rear of the revo and they hold up better and give you a mm more in height haven't broken those and i have gone over the same if not higher jumps without issue.

I have broken two of these so far I have used the revo posts and ends that are for the rear of the revo and they hold up better and give you a mm more in height haven't broken those and i have gone over the same if not higher jumps without issue.
That's sounds good, do you have a part number? Also are the correct term for those "pushrods"? I just want to make sure I'm getting the right part.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back