Nero tires that don't Balloon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sethjlambdotcom

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
i have been looking at so many different types of tires. I was interested in the src terrain crushers, but I think for bashing purposes, I would rather have a bigger sidewall for cushion, such as the stock tires. Is there anything close to stock that doesn't balloon at all?

If you want more sidewall then you're better off going stock or Proline tires and then taping them to help reduce ballooning.

or get pvc tube that matches od of tire...drive nails through the interior or pvc tubes..tips pointing out...then slide this pvc/ nail assembly over your tires and hot glue in place...done...

or get pvc tube that matches od of tire...drive nails through the interior or pvc tubes..tips pointing out...then slide this pvc/ nail assembly over your tires and hot glue in place...done...
any pictures of this? Lol

any pictures of this? Lol

absolutely not..ha ha..but you could be the first...could probably climb a tree...airate the yard...finally get rid of all my yard moles..get revenge on neighbors cat...de-weed the garden...4wd tiller...theres just no end....

With a little design time and a 3D printer you could do the same thing. Looks like at least one other person has already had this idea, I found an old post on BigSquidRC from a couple years ago that look something similar to what @Afro Samurai is suggesting. Although these might be a little less dangerous.

spiked_3d_printer_wheel_4.jpg

Image from: http://www.bigsquidrc.com/spiked-short-course-truck-wheels-from-3d-printer/

I put the back flip tires and wheels from my outcast on my Nero and the ballooning wasn't an issue at all. They worked pretty well. I am going to test big rock tires and wheels out this weekend. They seem like they are not as soft and are a touch narrower.

I put the back flip tires and wheels from my outcast on my Nero and the ballooning wasn't an issue at all. They worked pretty well. I am going to test big rock tires and wheels out this weekend. They seem like they are not as soft and are a touch narrower.

Exactly. I put Backflip tires and I enjoy them more than the stock Fazon tires. More grip off-road and less ballooning. Win win.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back