Nero upgrades complete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Re-Ripped my brand new ProLines - Have braided fishing line and will reglue and go that route. Threw on my Avalanche MTs - very similar to the Boots - lil smaller.

CYS Brushless Waterproof servo 277/oz @ 7.4V ( Is the Nero running on 6 or 7.4v? hoping 7.4..)
TBone front bumper & Wheelie Bar
Proline SuperSwampers 3.8, Avalanche MT, SRC Terrain Crushers & DBootzzz

Attachments

• IMG_1836.JPG
    IMG_1836.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1831.JPG
    IMG_1831.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1833.JPG
    IMG_1833.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
6s lipo total .....or two 3s packs ....11.1 volts each...22.2v total....can also run 4s lipo total...or two 2s packs...7.4 volts each. ..14.8v total

6s LiPo total .....or two 3s packs ....11.1 volts each...22.2v total....can also run 4s LiPo total...or two 2s packs...7.4 volts each. ..14.8v total
Thanks Afro. I understood the actual current would be less. Nice to misunderstand. Afro - you are not planning on upgrading the servo? I found it to work but I enjoy the improved steering feel and handling with a more powerful servo. In fact - I might go even stronger with a futaba. There's one that's $199 with about 345/oz. might be overkill though.

haven't thought much about the servo until you mentioned it...there are a number of upgrades I want to do...like bumper and the mud guards...but I am more in the mindset to get another set of Batts and 4 port charger...

overall I am happy with it the way it is...I just spend so much time running it and I am excited about doing some maintenance stuff so I have been collecting up spare parts ...

all in addition to trying to figure out what my next arrma will be...

my boy is learning to drive the nero...so I am preparing my worst half of an impending nero 2 request...or kraton ..or tallion..or typhon...or senton...it's all about timing. ..cause the lie I tell has to be convincing...he's having fun with the brushless dromidas for now..so I have time...

I need to get new servo... it seems like every 3 runs ita something... been small easy fixes but ive broken 4 shock ball ends and 2 suspension pushrod ends... today was servo... turns one way and not back, does not center when turned on so i guess i need a better one... savox with titanium gears i think... for both nero and kraton... stripped gears in kraton servo but lhs had replacement so that was also easy fix... most time wasted waiting on parts to come in the mail... pretty bummed was all happy headed up north and there is a nice pit would be perfect for the locking diffs and climbing.... oh well i will take kraton left my xmaxx up there last week...

CYS s9120 brushless titanium servo 277/oz

The difference is dramatic Josh. I can now do a 180 turn from half throttle. The handling, turning circle, high speed switchbacks, etc all are improved. Very noticeable. Well worth the money spent.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 83
CYS s9120 brushless titanium servo 277/oz

The difference is dramatic Josh. I can now do a 180 turn from half throttle. The handling, turning circle, high speed switchbacks, etc all are improved. Very noticeable. Well worth the money spent.

Awesome!! I am ordering something simmilar very soon... we will see how the show goes this wekend and if i have any fun money after some bills... im a silversmith and go to craft shows and such almost every weekend from now till the end of december....

At my job now. Clock watching and counting down till I get home to go jumping again.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 67
Yeah... ive had a little practice, my asshole still puckers some times when it launches but im getting alot better at it... it takes whatever i throw at it and comes back for more and more... if that was my xmaxx i would be picking up pieces for days... i know ive had to do it a few times lol... its like i tell my buddy withhis erevo you just have to commit and if it breaks you fix it and move on... here is another one on the small hill in my lawn...

Lol. Man I can't wait till I find a good spot. I just adjusted the springs to raise it up and what a difference! Clears the grass a lot better. The wheelie bar wheels are an inch higher. Less pull on the servo I would guess too. Just realized there's a skateboard park I could swing by ....

Lol. Man I can't wait till I find a good spot. I just adjusted the springs to raise it up and what a difference! Clears the grass a lot better. The wheelie bar wheels are an inch higher. Less pull on the servo I would guess too. Just realized there's a skateboard park I could swing by ....
Yeah i moved shocks to third hole in and put 70wt front 60wt rear and turned up pre load also jacked body mounts up a couple holes it looks much better. Has nice clearance and still handles like a dream.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1470196329834.jpg
    FB_IMG_1470196329834.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 82
Yeah i moved shocks to third hole in and put 70wt front 60wt rear and turned up pre load also jacked body mounts up a couple holes it looks much better. Has nice clearance and still handles like a dream.
Looks gr8 my man. Got a dumb question for you - what's preload? How do you adjust it?

Looks gr8 my man. Got a dumb question for you - what's preload? How do you adjust it?
No such thing as a dumb question... preload is the amount of presure on the shock springs you adjust it by turning the spring retainer up to top for less load or softer shocks and screw them down to increase the load already on the shocks making the suspension stiffer... less the truck will squat more and mor will make it ride higher.

No such thing as a dumb question... preload is the amount of presure on the shock springs you adjust it by turning the spring retainer up to top for less load or softer shocks and screw them down to increase the load already on the shocks making the suspension stiffer... less the truck will squat more and mor will make it ride higher.
My man - Yup - thats exactly what I did last night - makes a huge difference - Getting out early today to search for jumps!! Will gopro it and post the footage if my mac allows me to - kinda hard but i will figure it out...

Hi have the t-bone racing wheelie bar and love it. Works great and new one is adjustable mine is v1 but I cut it and made my own holes to raise it up higher. Also has a lifetime warranty that is unbeatable. They will replace it if it gets broken or anything as long as you have your recipt.

Hey just wanted to mention for those of you talking about the servo...
The Nero Bec is 6.0. it says in the manual you can change the ESC settings to 7.4. you can't, it's a lie. They locked the Bec at 6.0 because that's all the diff brain servos can handle. So when youre picking a steering servo you want to pick one with high power at 6.0 or else you might spend +$100 on a servo that's only better than stock at 7.4, which you can't do.

I have Nero blx 6s without diff brain. What's a good servo upgrade that's still reasonably priced?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back