Nero Upgrades needed with Part #s and recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2GAMERSCHILLIN@UTUBE

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I was wanting others to chime in that have the nero and what upgrades you have done with part #s and brands you went with. I have read through all the threads on here where everyone talks about the upgrades but no part #s or the brand you choose. I think this thread could really help new people to the hobby like myself. I plan on upgrading what ever is suggested my plan is order the stuff have it on hand when stock breaks im ready. Thanks for your time.

I basically only got the T-bone bumper with LED's in the front made for the Big Rock, and the wheelie bar made for Big Rock.

Then I essentially followed this guy and most of his recommendations. This video alone should help greatly.

Subscribe and check out some of his other videos. There's a few in English. And one in French or German or whatever where he does a crawl test of his Big Rock that's worth watching. :)

So that's these shock ends: Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/191839207973

Or from tower: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGJLD&P=ML

And these springs that I got (along with 1000 wt oil for a softer ride): http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGCLR&P=ML

And I have GKA Rockers and the bolts that hold them on to install at some point.

I watched that video. I will watch it again. I'm looking for what brands are people using to replace the weak links. I'm the type of person I would rather just buy the best to begin with no matter the cost. I'm just not sure what brands I should be considering.

Last edited:
I like a real good looking bumper with integrated lights....
I hade made an provisional from parts which I had.
IMG_0002.JPG

Last edited:
Suspension parts:
  1. First, move the shocks to the inside holes on the chassis mounts. This will get rid of the interference between the lower spring cup and rocker arm, and possibly prevent shock damage.
  2. As an alternate to the post above, get couple pairs (4 total) of Arrma HD shock ends (AR330409) and keep the originals as spares. I managed to snap the rear shock rod ends completely off, right where the threads start.
  3. Push rod ends - Team Associated Chassis Brace Rod Ends ‑ ASC89077. I haven't had any trouble yet, but I've got these when the stock ends get ripped off the push rod threads. You can find aluminum ends, but I'd rather replace a plastic rod end instead of transferring damage to other suspension components.
  4. Shock shafts - Arrma #AR330340 - Just in case one bends or breaks before making the adjustment in #1.
Front bumper:
I smashed up the stock front bumper " flex ring" with a couple nose-dive landings. Still works, just too squishy now. The T-Bone Racing Basher bumper (10044) is on the way. If you want something wider (possible front tire clearance issue?) check out the T-bone Thrasher (10039).

Suspension parts:
  1. First, move the shocks to the inside holes on the chassis mounts. This will get rid of the interference between the lower spring cup and rocker arm, and possibly prevent shock damage.
  2. As an alternate to the post above, get couple pairs (4 total) of Arrma HD shock ends (AR330409) and keep the originals as spares. I managed to snap the rear shock rod ends completely off, right where the threads start.
  3. Push rod ends - Team Associated Chassis Brace Rod Ends ‑ ASC89077. I haven't had any trouble yet, but I've got these when the stock ends get ripped off the push rod threads. You can find aluminum ends, but I'd rather replace a plastic rod end instead of transferring damage to other suspension components.
  4. Shock shafts - Arrma #AR330340 - Just in case one bends or breaks before making the adjustment in #1.
Front bumper:
I smashed up the stock front bumper " flex ring" with a couple nose-dive landings. Still works, just too squishy now. The T-Bone Racing Basher bumper (10044) is on the way. If you want something wider (possible front tire clearance issue?) check out the T-bone Thrasher (10039).
Thanks thats the type of info i was looking for. Hopefully this will help other newbies out as well.

If I were you I would do the following:

1. Like gmandoo said, move the shocks to the inside holes. While you are at it, move the motor wires from in between the shocks to the outside of the shocks and zip tie them to the chassis.

2. Replace the garbage two sided tape that holds down the ESC with good quality two sided tape. That ESC will come loose and some of the fine wires coming off of it will get damaged when it is flying around. Ask me how I know.

3. Buy some Break Free CLP and a small oil bottle with a fine needle. CLP everything steel on the truck. Mainly all of the U-Joints, inside the drive shafts and axles, all of the bearings, and every screw head. The needle will let you get the CLP exactly where you want it.

These three preventative maintenance steps will go a long way to protecting your truck.

The hobao spring cups on the ebay link are a must..keeps cups from smacking rockers....im glad to see someone else uses CLP...lube that doesn't collect dust is crucial...high heat on joints is a primary reason for problems

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back