Nero Wheels & Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Fellows.....Hope all is well in ARRMA land...

I have had some odd issues lately with the Nero.... My stock DBoots - ripped yesterday. My Proline Super Swampers - bought last week - day 1 - both front tires ripped. I since reglued them and used braided fishing line and tried them again - they held....for about 2 minutes and ripped again. I have redcat Avalanche tires and say what you will about redcrap BUT they are the only set of tires that TAKE what the Nero dishes out. I ordered 2 new super swampers unassembled and will tape the tires and then assemble and glue.

SHEESH!!!

All good wood. Well - the prolines LOOK fantastic. They are nearly an inch wider and really make the Nero look like something that belongs on Fury Road. I bought them and took the truck out. The two front ones really turned into pizza pies. After about three minutes - POP!!!

Put some oilin them diffs they will be much happier and you.will too... i ran mine wit no diff brain and it was bad... t i blew one off the bead but no rips. Reglued and good to go i check them after every run now. Put 50k center 50k front witha bit of 100k and 100k rear.its mych better but any offroad tire will blow up at 60mph... irs just to much for them...i like stock tires...

I ordered Yeti xl 1/8 tire and the associated Rival truck wheels. Used them at the bmx track today with a 4s setup. Worked really well. I will post the video tomorrow.

Last edited:
Got my Redcat Terremotos. They are tall and narrow. Kinda like that for handling. They behave to a point and then crazy town. I think I will give 4s a try with these tires. I just tried em out front. Off to Albert Leonard for sum jumpin. When I get back I will list all those tires - might come in handy.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 163
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 156
Just got my Terrain Crushers...really like them..sheered an axle pin...no balloons...happy...

I have had some odd issues lately with the Nero.... My stock DBoots - ripped yesterday. My Proline Super Swampers - bought last week - day 1 - both front tires ripped. I since reglued them and used braided fishing line and tried them again - they held....for about 2 minutes and ripped again. I have redcat Avalanche tires and say what you will about redcrap BUT they are the only set of tires that TAKE what the Nero dishes out. I ordered 2 new super swampers unassembled and will tape the tires and then assemble and glue.

SHEESH!!!
I have the same issue also one of the rims cracked due to me but I just order the proline trenches so hopefully they will hold up a little better. I think most of my issue came from the fact that I have the non diff brain Nero and the front tires ballooned really bad so I locked the center diff which helped so much

SHEESH!!!
hey julian...can you get the diameter on the avalanch tires? i agree with you...ive used HSP tires alot.....they are good quality just gets a bad rap...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back