NERO WING MOUNTS...ANY IDEAS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCgoogler

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fazon
  3. Granite
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Nero
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Senton 6s
I saw but cant find some people that have used revo or other mounts to add a wing to the nero...any ideas or thoughts would greatly be appreciated

there was i guy on here i thought that posted pics of a revo mount..but we will see

I saw but cant find some people that have used revo or other mounts to add a wing to the nero...any ideas or thoughts would greatly be appreciated

I have mounted a wing on my Nero but I don't run a body on it. I just used the rear body mount from the BR/Fazon. I drilled a couple of holes in the wing to mount it.

Attachments

• 20161016_123953.jpg
    20161016_123953.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 20161214_060033.jpg
    20161214_060033.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 20161214_060027.jpg
    20161214_060027.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 130
Hm,.... do you really think that it makes sense to mount an wing onto an Monster Truck like the Nero / BR?
For a Fazon with flat wheels and hard suspension... maybe with an modification like sway bar and and and... Ok, than I will agree.
But for a Nero / BR and offroad I see no effective benefits than maybe an "better look" and some more parts which can be damaged.
I do see more sense in a metal cage over the body that the hole car can roll up without heavy damages.
But all of that modifications makes the Nero heavier and heavier.... And I think it is heavy enough....

a wing id done correctly can work to control wheelies.....as well as crash and body ptotection

If you say that a wing gives more press on rear wheels, than I will agree also it will give a little support while an jump in the air (normally we have to control this moment with throttle and brake), but it is not the sense of an wing to bring more control while driving wheelies..
My experiences with other cars concerning "Bodyprotection"... nearly nothing, but maybe smaller sizes like 1:18 or light 1:10...

Anyway, I think that there is just one way. Normally you just can use the mainframe for fixing points.
If you are think about to use the body, so you have to make also fixing points below the body to the frame.
I would not like to mount an wing on an Nero BR, but maybe the fazon design will give an option!?!?

I mis spoke.. my comment was meant to say that a properly installed and re-enforced wing can act as a wheelie bar to stop backwards rollovers on throttle .. as well as protecting the rear of the body

Oh, thats right. Arrma use the wing from the outcast together with the wheely bar.
My DIY bar do not allow my BR to swap over backward. But if it´s not wanted that the car makes a wheely, there are a lot points where you can work. For example the suspension or the balance weight. In some of my cars (SC, Buggy, MT) I have small weights to get an better balance while jumping. But the biggest effect will have an good adjusted suspension and a good ESC which allow fast impulses from the trigger.

We will see how many guys will prefer an wing onto an Nero. ;-)

I have mounted a wing on my Nero but I don't run a body on it. I just used the rear body mount from the BR/Fazon. I drilled a couple of holes in the wing to mount it.
Hey, I'm interested in how you mounted this wing. Im looking for this exact look and would like to know where you put the screws on the body or what not. Any other pictures you can show me of how you mounted it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back