Nero wont run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh802

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
My nero cuts out constantly. Ive tried muliple brands of batteries... Thinking my batteries were dropping below voltage. doesn't matter thing still goes unresponsive after 10 min or so. Ive replaced esc...that hasnt helped. Still cuts out like low voltage cutt off. Frustrating.

My nero cuts out constantly. Ive tried muliple brands of batteries... Thinking my batteries were dropping below voltage. doesn't matter thing still goes unresponsive after 10 min or so. Ive replaced esc...that hasnt helped. Still cuts out like low voltage cutt off. Frustrating.

what conditions are you running in?..tall grass?..just wondering if you are over heating it...lets hear more of the story...new batts?...sometimes batts need to settle in but 10 min run time is a bit strange unless a cell is dropping off...again..new batts sometimes require you to put in storage a few times to ballance out all the cells...you got a voltage alarm to check the cell voltage?..are you balance charging the batts?..

what conditions are you running in?..tall grass?..just wondering if you are over heating it...lets hear more of the story...new batts?...sometimes batts need to settle in but 10 min run time is a bit strange unless a cell is dropping off...again..new batts sometimes require you to put in storage a few times to ballance out all the cells...you got a voltage alarm to check the cell voltage?..are you balance charging the batts?..
I run mostly in sand pits but it doesn't matter what condition. It also does it regardless of gearing as ive tried different size gears and tires. Also my batteries are 3 months old not new..and it does it with other batteries as well

I run mostly in sand pits but it doesn't matter what condition. It also does it regardless of gearing as ive tried different size gears and tires. Also my batteries are 3 months old not new..and it does it with other batteries as well

hmmm...well thats unexpected and really strange...and you replaced the esc already...very strange...my only concern is the batts...but you say does it with other batts...what batteries are you running?..lets look at mah and discharge rating...35c minimum i hope...higher the better..and 5200 mah i hope...i wonder if your batts arent up to the task..give us your battery specs...hope both batts are the same ratings..don't run mismatched packs...

batt and motor connections all look good?..any of the connectors getting really hot?..

U can not run anything less than 50c batteries. It will drain the batteries too quick.
The esc will pull to much and quickly damage your batteries and overheat the motor.

U can not run anything less than 50c batteries. It will drain the batteries too quick.
The esc will pull to much and quickly damage your batteries and overheat the motor.

yep correct...batt c level matters...i got some "high output" 35c batts....and they hold....good brand...underrated perhaps...but...45c and up is best for sure...i use those 35c batts in the outcast mostly these days..lighter car...less load...still more than enough for the 185 system...

I had some issues with my Nero and so far the biggest "fix" has been brand new batteries. I had been using three sets of batteries between two trucks... SPC 7200mAh 70C, SMC 7200mAh 60C and SMC 5200mAh 90C....

I am now using a brand new pair of SMC 5200mAh 90C batteries and it's seems the only issue I have now is ballooning and tearing tires. I even managed to tear one of my front SRC Terrain Crushers.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back