Infraction Neu or tp???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
SLOW RC MIKE doing big things with 3s×2..Mike won't give out any info,he said it's a 5s motor an it looks 92mm long...I think it's the tp4060cm 3480kv motor I'm buying next..motor leads look to long to be a neu..🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️Mike puts up some amazing low voltage #'s..
Can't tell for sure

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220323-095618_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220323-095618_YouTube.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 122
Low cell running is surprisingly fun and interesting. I am about to get back into running 2s on my 1/7 scale.

It appears to be a Neu motor, but I don't believe they are worth the $$$.
TP Power will net the same speed or within 1-2 mph of it at 35% of the cost.

Low cell running is surprisingly fun and interesting. I am about to get back into running 2s on my 1/7 scale.

It appears to be a Neu motor, but I don't believe they are worth the $$$.
TP Power will net the same speed or within 1-2 mph of it at 35% of the cost.
170$ most I've paid for motor..it would be hard for me to spend more than that. This season I'm focusing on 3,4,5s runs.....probly won't even do a 8s pass this year..see ifi can beat my 140 pb with less volts..I've still got learning to do before anymore 8s crashing$ fest

You should be able to get near 140 on 4s. Once you figure that stuff out then you can really make some big moves on 6s and 8s.
That's the plan,step back an slow down some...learn as much as possible.last year I throw tons on volts,gear,weight in car an crashed up a lot of $$$$.having a blast with 4s lately

I had a ton of fun last year running 2s on the Limitless which is why I am going to take another crack at 2s.
The biggest thing is that you need a lot of gearing to make up for the lower voltage.

Always start moderate, check the logs to see how the voltage sag and RPMs were and then make gearing adjustments from there.

I’m going to start running a 4060cm 3100kv in about a month in the vendetta. Just want to crack 150 with the 4050cm first. If it’s anything like the 4050 it is a great motor option.
Mike also kind of makes his own battery packs if you have seen him talk about it before. He makes 3s2p packs out of the normal 3s cnhl and i would assume he finds the best cells to use out of a few packs.

I’m going to start running a 4060cm 3100kv in about a month in the vendetta. Just want to crack 150 with the 4050cm first. If it’s anything like the 4050 it is a great motor option.
Mike also kind of makes his own battery packs if you have seen him talk about it before. He makes 3s2p packs out of the normal 3s cnhl and i would assume he finds the best cells to use out of a few packs.
My next will be the 4060cm 3480kv...good for 20v before it hits max rpm..have you ever even heard of any cm rotors coming apart ???‽?steel sleeve you would think it would stay together compared to reg Kevlar wrapped rotors..

My next will be the 4060cm 3480kv...good for 20v before it hits max rpm..have you ever even heard of any cm rotors coming apart ???‽?steel sleeve you would think it would stay together compared to reg Kevlar wrapped rotors..
I haven’t seen anyone have issues with the motors except for the 5mm rotor breaking. Happened to my 4070cm in the limitless so I put a 8mm rotor in and been fine since. No other issues with mine and that motor has literally hundreds of passes on it

SLOW RC MIKE doing big things with 3s×2..Mike won't give out any info,he said it's a 5s motor an it looks 92mm long...I think it's the tp4060cm 3480kv motor I'm buying next..motor leads look to long to be a neu..🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️Mike puts up some amazing low voltage #'s..
Can't tell for sure
That screenshot looks like he's got an MGM 400 series ESC in there...that thing is massive. Heard you can push up to 1000 amps through them no problem. I had a smaller MGM ESC (250 series) and a tech at MGM said I got it to 900 amps. Unfortunately for me it was because I had damaged the motor by using screws that were too long so the ESC was trying to overcompensate. MGMs are very complicated to program but the power is there for sure. EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE...it costs me over 200 just to send it back to them in the Czech Republic. I'm sticking to Castle (MMX8S and XLX2) from now on.

It looks like a Lehner (LMT) motor in there...you can buy them as a combo on the MGM site or design your own custom motor based on tons of options. If you look real close you can see the purple at the top of the motor which means he's got an LMT with the fan built into the motor attached to the shaft. I used normal length screws with mines and the screws pierced the fan area.

Last edited:
That screenshot looks like he's got an MGM 400 series ESC in there...that thing is massive. Heard you can push up to 1000 amps through them no problem. I had a smaller MGM ESC (250 series) and a tech at MGM said I got it to 900 amps. Unfortunately for me it was because I had damaged the motor by using screws that were too long so the ESC was trying to overcompensate. MGMs are very complicated to program but the power is there for sure. EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE...it costs me over 200 just to send it back to them in the Czech Republic. I'm sticking to Castle (MMX8S and XLX2) from now on.

It looks like a Lehner (LMT) motor in there...you can buy them as a combo on the MGM site or design your own custom motor based on tons of options. If you look real close you can see the purple at the top of the motor which means he's got an LMT with the fan built into the motor attached to the shaft. I used normal length screws with mines and the screws pierced the fan area.
It's a xlx2 stripped down..that mgm esc is as big as a whole typhon..crazy huge

It's a xlx2 stripped down..that mgm esc is as big as a whole typhon..crazy huge
He's got the BIG BIG BOY!! They make a version that's about 100mm square too. I think its the 40063. See page 36 of the attachment. That could fit in a Typhon from the way he's got it set up. I'm looking at the wires/connections and it makes me think MGM as opposed to stripped down XLX2.

Attachments

• MGM X2-Series (250-400).pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 89
He's got the BIG BIG BOY!! They make a version that's about 100mm square too. I think its the 40063. See page 36 of the attachment. That could fit in a Typhon from the way he's got it set up. I'm looking at the wires/connections and it makes me think MGM as opposed to stripped down XLX2.
Never compared the difference between the 2..Mike says it's a xlx2 that he's maxing out on 3s..guessing he is pulling 600amps on this 132 pass...couldn't imagine a BIG TIME speedrunner useing a mgm unless sponsored by them.he does always have car ready to go in this videos so ya don't hear the castle chime on startup.doesn't the mgm have like 5 motor wires running to it??

Never compared the difference between the 2..Mike says it's a xlx2 that he's maxing out on 3s..guessing he is pulling 600amps on this 132 pass...couldn't imagine a BIG TIME speedrunner useing a mgm unless sponsored by them.he does always have car ready to go in this videos so ya don't hear the castle chime on startup.doesn't the mgm have like 5 motor wires running to it??
You can get them either 3 wire or 6 wire. Since he's only running 3S he doesn't need the 6 wire setup which they use in heavy 1/5 scale. Running low cell would be almost perfect with a MGM/LMT because the motors are all 2-pole which makes less heat when you've got a high KV motor. You have turn the timing up to past 20 or 25 (which their ESCs allow you to do). You sacrifice a little torque but you can get way higher RPMs and the LMT motor can come with a carbon sleeve around the rotor which they say increases the max RPM by up to 30% (so if a motor has a max 50K RPM you can add another 15K to that). I've watched a few of his videos too and I've never heard the Castle chirp either. The MGMs make a real faint 3 or 5 tone jingle when you power them up. You can barely hear it.

Mike is running an xlx2 in that typhon minus the fan. He soldered the wires into the cups sideways. Looking close its got the surrounding outline of the xlx2 footprint and the connector for the switch and three wires for the receiver. Most of my esc’s don’t beep the way they used to. After you disable the low voltage cutoff they only do a short start up beep and no cell count. One of mine just does a single beep and is ready to go🤔hasn’t caught fire yet sooo
8565B568-4EB7-49C2-B2EA-6AD3946D6753.png

Mike is running an xlx2 in that typhon minus the fan. He soldered the wires into the cups sideways. Looking close its got the surrounding outline of the xlx2 footprint and the connector for the switch and three wires for the receiver. Most of my esc’s don’t beep the way they used to. After you disable the low voltage cutoff they only do a short start up beep and no cell count. One of mine just does a single beep and is ready to go🤔hasn’t caught fire yet soooView attachment 209450

That is good to know. Mine does not do the cell count start up beeps and I thought it was messed up.
+1 on it being a XLX2
I was working with some RC boat guys where we took apart an XLX2 and removed the heat sink to put a water cooling block on it. So I have seen this ESC stripped down many times. I think Mike is trying to throw people off because he was doing 2s and 3s runs. The specs on the ESC do not mention being able to run below 3s, but I have run my XLX2 on 2s and it works fine.

That is good to know. Mine does not do the cell count start up beeps and I thought it was messed up.
+1 on it being a XLX2
I was working with some RC boat guys where we took apart an XLX2 and removed the heat sink to put a water cooling block on it. So I have seen this ESC stripped down many times. I think Mike is trying to throw people off because he was doing 2s and 3s runs. The specs on the ESC do not mention being able to run below 3s, but I have run my XLX2 on 2s and it works fine.
The water cooling block is a sweet idea for boats

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back