Never buying TBR products again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatCatRC

FatCat Team Racing
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
Broke two of their kraton front bumpers both shattered like glass. So on the second one I called TBR out for a warrenty. It took them nearly 3 weeks to reply and the said they would send me a replacement. So after 2 months in shipping I finally got it..... THEY ONLY SENT THE MAIN PLASTIC PIECE!!!! So instead of a whole new bumper these clowns sent me just the main plastic peice that the two bars bolt onto. Luckily I didn't toss out the bars and supporting plastic pieces or I would be screwed. So annoyed. I will never shop from them again.

Sounds like horizon tbh

My servo failed and nothing else worked while it was plugged in. If I unplugged it, I got the esc beeps and throttle back, plugged an old crappy servo in and everything worked. So obviously the stock servo shorted out meaning electrical issue. Send them a video showing this.

these dips sent me the damn servo gears and not a whole new servo.. Like what the fiddlestick? Problem wasn't mechanical and I fiddlesticking showed them that.

Sounds like horizon tbh

My servo failed and nothing else worked while it was plugged in. If I unplugged it, I got the esc beeps and throttle back, plugged an old crappy servo in and everything worked. So obviously the stock servo shorted out meaning electrical issue. Send them a video showing this.

these dips sent me the damn servo gears and not a whole new servo.. Like what the fiddlestick? Problem wasn't mechanical and I fiddlesticking showed them that.
No need to swear. Horizon has the best warranty department so I'm sorry I have to disagree with you. TBR is a garbage company, never has items in stock never answers emails and it wasn't until I personally called them out on this forum that they actually replied to my warranty claims. TBR and Horizon are worlds different.

No need to swear. Horizon has the best warranty department so I'm sorry I have to disagree with you. TBR is a garbage company, never has items in stock never answers emails and it wasn't until I personally called them out on this forum that they actually replied to my warranty claims. TBR and Horizon are worlds different.
Cool? Just sharing my experience and it wasn't good.

No need to swear? Sure there is. It pisses me off.

Not a reliable to place to shop, not necessarily in stock even though it shows and time to ship can be excessive.
Not impressed and I'll avoid as much as possible.

TBR ramp - advertised as 1/8th broke on a couple light jumps. No response on return, they did change their write-up on the page and no longer sell it as 1/8th, I hope based on my feedback. Ramp itself is good for lower scale.
TBR front bumper - part is excluded from warranty as it's 'obsolete', barely 1 year old. Even if, comparable item is not in stock.

How about when TBR realizes their design mistakes with the 3S bumper and decides to offer a fix.... that they charge you for 😱👎🏻

That was awful, and so was the aluminum angle as the fix..😱.. I've been anti tbr since that whole mess..🤦‍♂️

It's a public forum bro no need to use that type of language. I understand you may be pissed but still.
Don’t be a Karen. Words aren’t that important.

Broke two of their kraton front bumpers both shattered like glass. So on the second one I called TBR out for a warrenty. It took them nearly 3 weeks to reply and the said they would send me a replacement. So after 2 months in shipping I finally got it..... THEY ONLY SENT THE MAIN PLASTIC PIECE!!!! So instead of a whole new bumper these clowns sent me just the main plastic peice that the two bars bolt onto. Luckily I didn't toss out the bars and supporting plastic pieces or I would be screwed. So annoyed. I will never shop from them again.
I sussed this years ago when they refused to warranty a bumper because I live in the UK 🇬🇧😂😂😂😂😂tbh rpm or POS make far superior quality bumpers anyway.

Totally agree with the piss poor customer service but also they did replace the broken part. You can't expect for instance if you break a shock spring to get a whole new complete shock replaced as the only broken part is the spring.

So far Ive had good luck with the tbr products I’ve bought. My k6s has their typhon bastion bumper on it. It’s been solid up until recently when I thought I knew how to drive. Haha. One screw is starting to pull through but that’s after a year of torture. I also have their wheelie bar on my k6s and my dhk Maximus. They have been live savers due to my poor driving skills. We need to get POS to ship to the states!

So far Ive had good luck with the tbr products I’ve bought. My k6s has their typhon bastion bumper on it. It’s been solid up until recently when I thought I knew how to drive. Haha. One screw is starting to pull through but that’s after a year of torture. I also have their wheelie bar on my k6s and my dhk Maximus. They have been live savers due to my poor driving skills. We need to get POS to ship to the states!
Funny you talk about their wheelie bars. Any bumpers I still have, except the one on the front of my Typhon 6s, has turned into a wheelie bar. I took the bumper bar from an RPM and mounted it to the edge of a T Bone bumper. Made a hole on either end of the bumper bar and added two wheels from old Arrma wheelie bars. As a rear wheelie bar, they are much better. They flex just enough to keep the tail end from seeing any real damage. it's front end collisions that are their weakness. As far as screws pulling out from the bottom, that's a flaw in the T Bone design. They don't compensate for the dimples in the chassis. The common solution for this is to make spacers from M4 tapered screws. By drilling out the screw from the top with a 4mm bit, you create perfect spacers to place between the skid of the bumper and the chassis. Using this method, I've never had a screw pull out since and I've been running that home made wheelie bar for over a year now.

Funny you talk about their wheelie bars. Any bumpers I still have, except the one on the front of my Typhon 6s, has turned into a wheelie bar. I took the bumper bar from an RPM and mounted it to the edge of a T Bone bumper. Made a hole on either end of the bumper bar and added two wheels from old Arrma wheelie bars. As a rear wheelie bar, they are much better. They flex just enough to keep the tail end from seeing any real damage. it's front end collisions that are their weakness. As far as screws pulling out from the bottom, that's a flaw in the T Bone design. They don't compensate for the dimples in the chassis. The common solution for this is to make spacers from M4 tapered screws. By drilling out the screw from the top with a 4mm bit, you create perfect spacers to place between the skid of the bumper and the chassis. Using this method, I've never had a screw pull out since and I've been running that home made wheelie bar for over a year now.
Thanks for the heads up. I’m going to give that a try. I plan on tearing down my kraton to swap out bearings, fix a few things and I have it look pretty for the new body I bought to paint to go along with the roof skids I one on the raffle. I’d like to give the POS products a try. I wish the mailed to the USA.

Thanks for the heads up. I’m going to give that a try. I plan on tearing down my kraton to swap out bearings, fix a few things and I have it look pretty for the new body I bought to paint to go along with the roof skids I one on the raffle. I’d like to give the POS products a try. I wish the mailed to the USA.
Rumors have it that they will ship, just email them and details what you want. It will not work over the webpage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back