Outcast Never drive where you cant see...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Otherside

Huh?
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
Hit a man hole cover at the park 😑

Went down a cleared ditch and the instant I lost sight I smacked it.

20211014_120002.jpg

20211014_120010.jpg

20211014_120023.jpg

I did the same exact thing with my 6s Noto. In a well groomed grassed hilly field, that I never walked around to check it out first. Just looked like an open field. Been there so many times too. Never saw a manhole or even hit it. Needless to say I never let that happen again.:LOL: Who would even think there is a manhole in the middle of 3 or more acres of grass? :unsure:
My rig landed like 10 feet away from the Manhole cover. I was scratching my head as to why grass would have done so much carnage. My son and I were looking for some of the missing parts when I discovered the manhole. :mad:Now, I stand AT the manhole and bash around it.
Man that pissed me off.:cool: It even sounded like I hit a brick wall from quite a distance away.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Hit a man hole cover at the park 😑

Went down a cleared ditch and the instant I lost sight I smacked it.

View attachment 174097

View attachment 174098

View attachment 174099
Or don't you drive an area that you can see and haven't ran there before. I was hauling but with my X-Maxx full speed and there was a CURB hidden between the grass (they put it around where water goes through). Yeah I didn't see that! I broke a whole bunch of things : chassis, center driveshaft, lower frontera control arm. Yes, I had to replace the whole chassis. And it happened like 5 minutes after the I started driving 😭😱. That was last year.

I did the same exact thing with my 6s Noto. In a well groomed grassed hilly field, that I never walked around to check it out first. Just looked like an open field. Been there so many times too. Never saw the manhole or even hit it. Needless to say I never let that happen again.:LOL: Who would even think there is a manhole in the middle of 3 or more acres of grass? :unsure:
My rig landed like 10 feet away from the Manhole cover. I was scratching my head as to why grass would have done so much carnage. My son and I were looking for some of the missing parts when I discovered the manhole. :mad:Now, I stand AT the manhole and bash around it.
Man that pissed me off.:cool:
Literally same thing. Lol.

At this park all the time. Spent my whole life here. LOL.

I tell my son all the time make sure he can see where he's driving it.

Or don't you drive an area that you can see and haven't ran there before. I was hauling but with my X-Maxx full speed and there was a CURB hidden between the grass (they put it around where water goes through). Yeah I didn't see that! I broke a whole bunch of things : chassis, center driveshaft, lower frontera control arm. Yes, I had to replace the whole chassis. And it happened like 5 minutes after the I started driving 😭😱. That was last year.
Played at this park since I was 3. I'm 37 now.

Shame on me. 😆😆

I did the same exact thing with my 6s Noto. In a well groomed grassed hilly field, that I never walked around to check it out first. Just looked like an open field. Been there so many times too. Never saw a manhole or even hit it. Needless to say I never let that happen again.:LOL: Who would even think there is a manhole in the middle of 3 or more acres of grass? :unsure:
Man that pissed me off.:cool: It even sounded like I hit a brick wall from quite a distance away.:ROFLMAO:
So you want to ensure you hit yourself AND the manhole 🤔🤔

🤣🤣🤘🏻

So you want to ensure you hit yourself AND the manhole 🤔🤔

🤣🤣🤘🏻
Or get hit by an Xmaxx doing like 30mph from the side like my son did to me. My tail bone still hurts a little bit. And that was two weeks ago. I thought he hit the ramp, but he missed. I was too busy looking at my Outcast 8s in the air. Never take your eyes off an RC if it's heading your direction 😅. It knocked me down completely. My remote and go pro on my hat went flying too 😱

Literally same thing. Lol.

At this park all the time. Spent my whole life here. LOL.

I tell my son all the time make sure he can see where he's driving it.

Played at this park since I was 3. I'm 37 now.

Shame on me. 😆😆
In my field, I was flying kites there when I was about 10 yo. It is like across the street where I been living my whole life. It is a Runway approach for LGA airport. Landing lights are there. Never saw the manhole cover.
I would send my sister to the candy store across the street to buy more kite string and keep sending my Bat kite higher and higher. Then, Port authority police came, said I would hit incoming planes. They brought us home to our parents. One reason I don't have a drone Heli or RC planes. I would def. get into trouble here.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
In my field, I was flying kites there when I was about 10 yo. It is like across the street where I been living my whole life. It is a Runway approach for LGA airport. Landing lights are there. Never saw the manhole cover.
I would send my sister to the candy store across the street to buy more kite string and keep sending my Bat kite higher and higher. Then, Port authority police came, said I would hit incoming planes. They brought us home to our parents. One reason I don't have a drone Heli or RC planes. I would def. get into trouble here.:ROFLMAO:
Sounds like over by Astoria Blvd and 82nd nice patch of grass over there. I go to Brookville park, which is the approach for JFK, but the planes are definitely not as low as they are in that area.

Or get hit by an Xmaxx doing like 30mph from the side like my son did to me. My tail bone still hurts a little bit. And that was two weeks ago. I thought he hit the ramp, but he missed. I was too busy looking at my Outcast 8s in the air. Never take your eyes off an RC if it's heading your direction 😅. It knocked me down completely. My remote and go pro on my hat went flying too 😱
We need the video.

I was cussing too much, so I decided not to add it to the video. You just see the Xmaxx coming towards me, then you see grass 🤣
Oh, I see.
i like how none of us ask if hes okay:ROFLMAO:
I pm'd him, made sure he was fine, and sent him some money. Can't believe you'd think I wouldn't do that...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back