Never say never w lipo batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankestein

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I am 110% high maintenance when it comes to lipo batteries. Always keep em cool place, balanced charged, in storage mode when not in use etc...

Prepping the truck for a bashing session, puta 5S lipo 5000mah w less than 30 cycles to balance charge at half its C rating, and went to the kitchen to cook something quick. Came back about 10 minutes later and this is how the battery looked like... see pic.
Immediately placed it inside a ventilated ammo box and out to the garage placed over a concrete block, fire extinguisher on hand and proceeded to discharge it.

20190718_194858.jpg
20190718_194852.jpg

I am 110% high maintenance when it comes to lipo batteries. Always keep em.... charge at half its C rating, ....
Immediately placed it inside a ventilated ammo box and out to the garage

First part doesn't match the 2nd part- should be charged in the ammo box, in the garage or outside...

I Believe this is some poop from China , Cheap.

They have like

AA lipos
A lipos
B lipos

This must belong to the B stock.
You only can try model couple times.

If you Love your Model.
You have better Lipos i hope.

I you just want try, play arount couple times-
Here you have it.
The
B grade poop.

If you ask me ?
No B- brand can exist today i hope.

Emplyoeers can have these cells almost totally free before i heard.-
They make extra money this way.

don't trust Online Pictures.
GO TO CHINA MAKE A DEAL PERSONALLY
There is ALOT fake Business today !

I have actually close friend who was reselling alot from China.
Modern nice Factory.

When he Arrive there, there was only Junkies in one small Apartment.

NOT SO COOL

Buddy;

I paid a good amount for each, about $85.00 almost two years ago, so w shipping and tax (the new online trend BS), was peaking $200 for three.

http://www.valuehobby.com/elite-60c-5000-5s-hard-case.html
ValueHobby GForce Elite Series

All three 5S batteries behave like a 20 to 30C, they get super hot. I have ran them if at all, 20 to maybe at most 30 cycles each. Does not surprise me they are on sale now. That has to be very old batteries.

I did not buy them from Ebay. I have from Value Hobby 3S 2600mah packs that are very good, but those 5S are total garbage.

I charged them in the unfinished basement, and no, am not going to be charging batteries in the garage. I meant MAINTENANCE, on having them well balanced, storage voltage.

85 for these ?
IIIHaaajh

anyway, you can run them, IF you can do LipoBalance charge them with no issues. Then drive.
I got couple SWOLLEN FAT lipos also. I drive them almost dayly without issies.
The important thing is that you have a COOL system
You must KNOW THIS. That your SYSTEM STAYS COOL also.

Cool =Absolute not warm ESC/MOTOR ever
Lipo battery Balance Charge without Issues
= ENJOY.- they will work and do what you need couple months more.
Start Save Money now, you need buy new fresh about 1-3 month

WHAT EVER
I don't TAKE RISK FOR ANYBODY.
don't DO THIS IF YOU don't KNOW RC ELECTRIC CARS EXTREME WELL-

Always the simple and idiot Proof and best to do is discharge battery,. leave it to secure station.
Buy new Lipos-

i live in europe.
my school time was hard.
No one i know in family or relatives speak english as main or write.
Never

my friend was fooled. he sell clothes, cotton stuff.
That time alot was poop in China Maybe?
Today i think it is tip top`, i wish this atleast

don't TAKE THINGS HARD
i am okey guy

i love RC. and i don't hate anything i think

PEACE OK

thank you for the advice,but running a cool or hot system is not the issue. I got plenty of EDF jets and other rc brushless trucks, the ESC gets warm, that is fine, like computer, cell phones laptops, video cards, action cams,they all get warm to the touch.

The issue is not the cooling or else all my other batteries would be triple swollen then. Running on 111F weather and getting readings of 125F its as efficient as it can get. The real numbers are in the watts, amps and having a non-restrictive drivetrain that puts too much stress on electronics do their job.

There is no way am going to use those Gforce swollen batteries, there is a reason why they now cost 65, the hard pack 5S 60C "Elite" series, at least mine, are junk. The HD Turnigy, Zippys and even the Rhinos run better and no signs of puffing.

All of them are balance charged and when not in use storage charge on ventilated ammo boxes w/o the rubber seal in case of a fire. No cheap charger, a good Hitec X2 (well good enough), none of that China clone chargers. I have babied those batteries, and only one is still halfway holding. No, buying batteries every three months also does not make any sense, might as well convert my trucks to glow and go back to nitro fuel at $30 a gallon. I use my batteries from rc truggies, park flyers, edf jets, cordless drills, bump start boxes, field engine starter, and they last me three to four yrs unless its some hand me down low c rating battery from members at the field etc.

That is kind of sad, I had always heard good things about the Geforce brand of batteries.

What happened to value hobby? They used to sell all sorts of stuff on their website but most everything is gone now :(

Last purchased I made from them, two ARF balsa planes, arrived w damaged cowls. Called them, the guy sounded he was watching tv eating chips while talking on the phone. He told me I had high expectations and if I had that mentality I better go buy from HK or TH, that if I wanted to continue doing business w them and be happy I had to have low expectations (seriously,not kidding!)

If I wanted something perfect to pls let him know so this way he refund the money and stop any future purchases from me...

*I had to bite my tongue as I needed the cowls, and had to say I understood, but if in any way he could help me w the damaged cowls. He agreed to send me new ones but that if those did not fit or looked "low standard" according to my expectations, he wanted no further claims or calls, that that was it.

I said ok, and in a week received the cowls, I will never again buy from them.

I asked about some planes which were out of stock, and he mentioned they were not going to restock, things were liquidated and no more inventory as it got sold.

Last purchased I made from them, two ARF balsa planes, arrived w damaged cowls. Called them, the guy sounded he was watching tv eating chips while talking on the phone. He told me I had high expectations and if I had that mentality I better go buy from HK or TH, that if I wanted to continue doing business w them and be happy I had to have low expectations (seriously,not kidding!)

If I wanted something perfect to pls let him know so this way he refund the money and stop any future purchases from me...

*I had to bite my tongue as I needed the cowls, and had to say I understood, but if in any way he could help me w the damaged cowls. He agreed to send me new ones but that if those did not fit or looked "low standard" according to my expectations, he wanted no further claims or calls, that that was it.

I said ok, and in a week received the cowls, I will never again buy from them.

I asked about some planes which were out of stock, and he mentioned they were not going to restock, things were liquidated and no more inventory as it got sold.

Pardon the language but damn what a douche. Sounds like he pretty much doesn't care anymore.

Now i see this is 5S
huuge batteries

Newer run them please

2s is okey drive little swollen.
Also 3s maybe

4S and bigger must be perfect. they cause TOO BIG Damages if they go off.

Discharge, leave it to SECURE STATION/PLACE where they can handle these .

Sad.

I got some Zippy and Turnigy im very happy with.

these are softpacks and cheap:
https://chinahobbyline.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=124
30c only.

Wish they was like 40c atleast

5s lipos i have never try them.

2s , 3s, 4s i know good and cheap, not 5s sorry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back