New 1/7th scale body shells for Infraction & Limitless models by Delta Plastiks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked some pic's of my 2mm delta plastik (not speed run body) bodyshell before it was painted.
It looks pretty much the same, not quite as bad as yours but still the same none the less..??

Just in case other Limitless owners weren't aware or even Infraction owners, there are now 3 new 1/7th scale body shells available from Delta Plastik USA.

A Jaguar XRS,
View attachment 69872
Link: https://deltaplastikusa.com/product...77066&pr_ref_pid=4524231622730&pr_seq=uniform

Toyota GT1
View attachment 69874
Link: https://deltaplastikusa.com/collect...YZ5sBzyROTYpX28zse3ytHF-h7kzDxD7qcflG1_agi6Fc

...and a Thunder Truck.
View attachment 69873
Link: https://deltaplastikusa.com/product...92266&pr_ref_pid=4524231622730&pr_seq=uniform

All 3 are out now and available in 2mm thickness. :cool:
Just a heads up for those interested. (y)
I JUST BOUGHT the v2 ARRMA infraction and I want to get a delta plastic body! I am thinking of either the Toyota G1 or the JAG body!
Any thoughts or opinions on how these bodies fit and with a StupidRC body wing?

1598877238582.png

@Uplift-RC you will have to modify either body to fit your rear wing I'm afraid.

Being into speed runs I made my own carbon fibre wing for my Limitless but even if I'd had the standard Limitless rear wing I would have still had to modify the bodyshell to suit whether it was the Toyota body or Jag body.

For example my Delta Plastik Jag body on my Limitless with my home made carbon rear wing set up.
72.jpg

73.jpg

@Uplift-RC you will have to modify either body to fit your rear wing I'm afraid.

Being into speed runs I made my own carbon fibre wing for my Limitless but even if I'd had the standard Limitless rear wing I would have still had to modify the bodyshell to suit whether it was the Toyota body or Jag body.

For example my Delta Plastik Jag body on my Limitless with my home made carbon rear wing set up.
View attachment 97404

View attachment 97405
Looks awesome brother, I just sent you a PM... Care yo share some pics of the entire car?

View attachment 97404

When looking for those extra few mph.... sanding the edges of the carbon pieces to make it rounded instead of square edges will help smooth the airflow significantly. 180 grit sand paper on a sanding block works great.

1598887979104.png

This picture is a little blurry but that is what I did on this wing. It is a real airfoil and the end plates also are contoured edges on the leading and trailing edges:

Capture.JPG

Another helping factor is having the screws sit flush out of the airflow.

When looking for those extra few mph.... sanding the edges of the carbon pieces to make it rounded instead of square edges will help smooth the airflow significantly. 180 grit sand paper on a sanding block works great.

View attachment 97408

This picture is a little blurry but that is what I did on this wing. It is a real airfoil and the end plates also are contoured edges on the leading and trailing edges:

View attachment 97409

Another helping factor is having the screws sit flush out of the airflow.
Looks awesome brother, I sent you a message -- FYI! Do you have any picture of the entire jag body on your infraction painted ?

Looks awesome brother, I sent you a message -- FYI! Do you have any picture of the entire jag body on your infraction painted ?
Mine was not on a Jag body at all. I make my own bodies for speed runs and this wing was specific for that body.

Capture.JPG

Hey you sharing pics of my body on the internet now? ??????
I couldn't resist :ROFLMAO:
@Uplift-RC I have only sold a custom body to 2 people so far and @jondilly1974 is one of them.

It is a risky venture since we don't know how the body will perform, the body looks up for the task at least! I got my fingers crossed that you can go 150+ with it (y)

@Uplift-RC I have only sold a custom body to 2 people so far and @jondilly1974 is one of them.

It is a risky venture since we don't know how the body will perform, the body looks up for the task at least! I got my fingers crossed that you can go 150+ with it (y)
I think Ive got the Typhon ready for another try. I swapped shocks front to rear to get stiffer up front. Also raised the body mounts one more notch. It can still touch the nose, but it would take 25lbs of downforce to get it there. We will see.

The areo looks awesome been admiring your work
must me less than half the drag than of an open wheel at lease just looking at the shape. The pin point design looks ace!

Stick me down for one!!

The areo looks awesome been admiring your work
must me less than half the drag than of an open wheel at lease just looking at the shape. The pin point design looks ace!

Stick me down for one!!

Thanks! I can produce one within about a months time if you are serious about buying one. (PM me for more details)

Not a whole lot of road time yet with these, but there are at least 3 things learned so far (feed back from the owners of them).
1. The nose creates some extreme downforce on the front end.
2. Requires some tall body posts in the front.
3. CF does limit the radio signals (placing antenna up above the body is desirable)

Thanks! I can produce one within about a months time if you are serious about buying one. (PM me for more details)

Not a whole lot of road time yet with these, but there are at least 3 things learned so far (feed back from the owners of them).
1. The nose creates some extreme downforce on the front end.
2. Requires some tall body posts in the front.
3. CF does limit the radio signals (placing antenna up above the body is desirable)
What about just the wing for the Toyota G1 body for my ARRMA Infraction?

Well, once I get my v2 Infraction on Sept 18th and my Toyota G1 body from Delta on the 11th, I will advise. !
Trying to decide on what color to go with instead of how this guy from the Forum went Red. Don't get me wrong, it turned out unreal looking but want to go with a different color. Any thoughts or opinions on what would be a good color t go with besides RED OR blk?

GT1.jpg

Well, once I get my v2 Infraction on Sept 18th and my Toyota G1 body from Delta on the 11th, I will advise. !
Trying to decide on what color to go with instead of how this guy from the Forum went Red. Don't get me wrong, it turned out unreal looking but want to go with a different color. Any thoughts or opinions on what would be a good color t go with besides RED OR blk?

View attachment 97895

The most visible color to the human eye is chartreuse
If you are running long distances for speed running then contrasting colors are good like yellow and black for example.

If you just want a nice looking paint job then that is up to personal taste. You can always look up LeMans Prototype cars and get some inspiration.

1599061518645.png

Any thoughts or opinions on what would be a good color t go with besides RED OR blk?
Definitely do not go black is my advice. You'll loose sight of that so fast against tarmac and won't have a clue which way it's facing when far away.
Look's cool on a shelf queen or some Facebook attention whore posting but other than that a daft colour to use (as a single colour specifically).

As @LibertyMKiii said you want bright vibrant colours.
My personal choices are fluorescents, neons and other bright colours like metallics. It's also a good idea to have some way of telling which way the car is facing by using a different colour front to back, stripes on the sides and other things like that.

Also if you look around on eBay for example there are pre-cut vinyl masks that you can buy which can help you add interesting shapes, patterns or numbers etc to your spray job for a more unique look. (y)

Looks awesome brother, I just sent you a PM... Care yo share some pics of the entire car?
Took this today after doing some shake down runs. ;)

77.jpg

Not the best picture to show off the colour as because it was bright "ish" outside my phone camera didn't quite capture it that well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back