Kraton New 1/8 Kraton Extreme Bash Roller with 8s . Mamba?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmaSwede

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Arrma releases soon the 1/8 Kraton as roller with alot options very soon.

Diffs, chassie, and alot more parts are stronger.
This means the car is ready handle 8s.

What about Mamba Combo with the new Castle 1717 1650kv motor with 8s ?

What top speed can we make here? 20t Pinion or more?
8s is huge power.

Will it be faster than V4 RTR 6S that does about 70mph ? 2150kv motor

There you go, 8$ speed runner by day 6s basher by night. If I were buying one and had 400$ for esc and motor that’s what I’d try. Unfortunately I’m on a hexfly hex6 Hobbystar budget with the covid19 nonsense going on, job in jeopardy, widespread financial unrest, riots, looting, murder hornets and plenty of other things that cause me to lose sleep.
Kidding aside I think it would be a match and down the road plan to do the same thing. The added beef in the drive train is very encouraging. There’s is a lot of added weight (castle system+big bats) to the suspension though. My Kraton has the hex6 with a 4985 motor roughly the same weight as the mmx8 1717 and handling does suffer. Can imagine it would be even worse with two 4s batteries in there.

I'm going to put the system from my K8S in mine. I had it in my X-Maxx for a while but it got busted up (again :ROFLMAO:) & I don't feel like fixing it anytime soon.

There you go, 8$ speed runner by day 6s basher by night. If I were buying one and had 400$ for esc and motor that’s what I’d try. Unfortunately I’m on a hexfly hex6 Hobbystar budget with the covid19 nonsense going on, job in jeopardy, widespread financial unrest, riots, looting, murder hornets and plenty of other things that cause me to lose sleep.
Kidding aside I think it would be a match and down the road plan to do the same thing. The added beef in the drive train is very encouraging. There’s is a lot of added weight (castle system+big bats) to the suspension though. My Kraton has the hex6 with a 4985 motor roughly the same weight as the mmx8 1717 and handling does suffer. Can imagine it would be even worse with two 4s batteries in there.

You know that 1/5 kraton with all hop ups is 2k
This 1/8 will be about half that like 1k if you have radios and lipos.-

Then the handling is also better I Believe this is alot better car than 1/5 with 8s
if you need speed and handling.

I have one Talion v4 i will soon install 4985 Max6 combo in.
I will never sell this car.
I will drive it 6s

And later buy this kraton roller, make it 8s.

Always good have couple cars if you crash one, you drive next one
and wait for parts to arrive

:)

Covid19 is bad.
Horrible. What can we do ? Nothing almost :(

I will let you know how well it works in about a month ????

What combo you will have ?

Goddamn, this must be the coolest 8s car right now ?
Lightweight 7075 chassies and stronger diffs, also all ther good thing.
This must be the worlds best RC car i think maybe with one nice 8s combo :)
Arrma is best

What combo you will have ?

Goddamn, this must be the coolest 8s car right now ?
Lightweight 7075 chassies and stronger diffs, also all ther good thing.
This must be the worlds best RC car i think maybe with one nice 8s combo :)
Arrma is best
1717/MMX8S combo

I would prefer to run a lighter 6s setup with a big pinion and very good cooling. Even 4s with a bigger pinion can be at a good bashable speed level and perform better due to it being lighter. Its like a mini cooper vs a mustang. The mini has good handling but is lighter with less power. The mustang doesn’t handle well on technical stuff but will fly by the mini on the straights. I like how the new kraton isn’t as heavy as a m2c kraton but is almost just as tough.

Anyone got any suggestions inbetween stock power & Max6 4985/1650kv combo?? I want extra speed over stock but don't want to lose handling due to the weight of 4985 motor!. Or will the LSD combat the issue with lose of handling?

Dabbling into big boy stuff now are ya?
Yeah I said I wouldn’t do it, then my neighbor started an arms race. I have a Typhon 3S & 6s already that I am using for speed runs. I have a G3S & K4S. He was running some little Redcat 1/10 MT and saw my K4S. He decided to get a Senton 3S, then a week later he bought a G3S, then a few days later he brings out the Talion. So now I can’t be running my K4S against a Talion ??‍♂️??

But to be honest, I’ve been toying with the idea of a K6S since the last Sunday Funday when I saw one in action for the first time in person. @Lovestricken and @MaddogMikeD are to blame.

I went back and forth over a ground up build vs buying an RTR and upgrading it with M2C parts. I would have probably went with the second option at some point. But this EXB is all the excuse I needed to get a K6S. I fell in love instantly. Also, I wanted to reward Arrma for doing the right thing here. They seem to have hit the nail on the head. The way they fixed the K8S so quickly, the Mojave, Infraction & Limitless we’re top notch too. They are really doing great things. Now let’s just be done with that STX2 pos radio guys. ???

Anyone got any suggestions inbetween stock power & Max6 4985/1650kv combo?? I want extra speed over stock but don't want to lose handling due to the weight of 4985 motor!. Or will the LSD combat the issue with lose of handling?
In the talion I run a Rocket 4585 and a ZTW 220a Beast. So far I’m happy with it. The Hobbystar 220a esc is the same. If you are in the states maybe go with that one. The Ztw seems to be more popular in Europe. It’s a pretty cheap setup, you need to run a fan on the motor. Esc is really nice quality, all aluminum and is sensored if you have a sensored motor of course. This would be another nice budget system, you need to know how to solder...
You know that 1/5 kraton with all hop ups is 2k
This 1/8 will be about half that like 1k if you have radios and lipos.-
I know, I have one, and it’s awesome, completely different driving experience than the 6s cars. When dialed in handles the power exceptionally well. The 6s on 8s would be fun and fast but the k8s would be far more controlled and handle unkept surfaces better. The castle 2028 motor for the k8s.
I will let you know how well it works in about a month ????
Looking forward to this...

Last edited:
Yeah I said I wouldn’t do it, then my neighbor started an arms race. I have a Typhon 3S & 6s already that I am using for speed runs. I have a G3S & K4S. He was running some little Redcat 1/10 MT and saw my K4S. He decided to get a Senton 3S, then a week later he bought a G3S, then a few days later he brings out the Talion. So now I can’t be running my K4S against a Talion ??‍♂️??

Feeding into retaliation I take it? What if he buys a Mugen truggy kit and mops you up? Are you going to strap a turbine onto your kraton?:ROFLMAO:

In the talion I run a Rocket 4585 and a ZTW 220a Beast. So far I’m happy with it. The Hobbystar 220a esc is the same. If you are in the states maybe go with that one. The Ztw seems to be more popular in Europe. It’s a pretty cheap setup, you need to run a fan on the motor. Esc is really nice quality, all aluminum and is sensored if you have a sensored motor of course. This would be another nice budget system, you need to know how to solder...

I know, I have one, and it’s awesome, completely different driving experience than the 6s cars. When dialed in handles the power exceptionally well. The 6s on 8s would be fun and fast but the k8s would be far more controlled and handle unkept surfaces better. The castle 2028 motor for the k8s.

Looking forward to this...

Nice one Jimbob & thanks for the advise ?
I'm in the UK & seriously looking at the Max6 1650 combo at the mo (would love the castle 1717 set up but budget won't stretch to that this time!). Do you think the weight of the max6 combo will have an adverse effect on the handling? That's my main concern & only reason of looking at smaller motors!. I also want to keep things running cool as possible & avoid high temps!

Feeding into retaliation I take it? What if he buys a Mugen truggy kit and mops you up? Are you going to strap a turbine onto your kraton?:ROFLMAO:
I do have a 130mph Typhon that he will need to surpass before he reigns the hood. ???? That said, it was all I needed to get me primed up and then the EXB came along a few days after. I’m a sucker for good marketing, especially for a brand I’m loyal to. Perfect storm.

Nice one Jimbob & thanks for the advise ?
I'm in the UK & seriously looking at the Max6 1650 combo at the mo (would love the castle 1717 set up but budget won't stretch to that this time!). Do you think the weight of the max6 combo will have an adverse effect on the handling? That's my main concern & only reason of looking at smaller motors!. I also want to keep things running cool as possible & avoid high temps!
I run that in my Kraton and it is pretty awesome. The handling is better with less weight though. The suspension is really dialed for the weight of the blx system and a 5000mah 6s battery.

I run that in my Kraton and it is pretty awesome. The handling is better with less weight though. The suspension is really dialed for the weight of the blx system and a 5000mah 6s battery.
Many thanks & all noted ?

700kv motor with 72T pinion and max 5 esc.

This is the bashers edition so it will handle anything you throw at it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back