New 1/8 MT from Associated! Looks interesting. Rival MT8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the MT8 arms are def meatier but possibly too stiff.
Follow-on RC Hotspot video touched on this. Apparently they might be too stiff? He's broken a few arms already. Take that for what it's worth.

They might be too stiff, but they are pulling through the hinge just like the Kaiju arm can. They're probably made from similar plastic. When the arms fail at the seam, it's not flexing enough & there's not enough material holding the seam together. A typical Kraton V5/EXB arm has 5mm of material at the seam. The Kaiju has 3.5mm. But the Kraton arm is in a whole other league. The Corally arms I had so much trouble with has 4mm, but none pulled through the hinge. They just snapped. There's also plenty of space in the Kaiju hinge to fit the Arrma arm.

They might be too stiff, but they are pulling through the hinge just like the Kaiju arm can.
I guess this is news to me. Most of the complaints i heard about the arms were that they were too flexible so you'd get broken drive shafts. So on the kaiju was this a frequent problem?
This is giving me PTSD from my HPI Bullet arms.

I guess this is news to me. Most of the complaints i heard about the arms were that they were too flexible so you'd get broken drive shafts. So on the kaiju was this a frequent problem?
I've never broken a driveshaft on my two KAIJUs. Just drive cups and upper control arms mostly 🤷. After installing new lower arms (stock), using Traxxas links as upper arms, bearings around the drive cups, and a couple of other minor things, it can take a serious beating on 6s. On 4s it rarely breaks. Stock motor and ESC and even the servo have been very good.

I actually broke one shaft, right at the CV joint on the stock truck. No busted cups though, since I put bearing on as soon as I heard about that problem. I've bent all the shafts that are currently on both trucks. But I took a hammer to them & kept going. I haven't broken or bent anything in the few outings since the Mojave arms, but my setup is way too rigid. The uppers are complete overkill. But I don't have the energy to revisit them since they been working for so long.

I've never broken a driveshaft on my two KAIJUs. Just drive cups and upper control arms mostly 🤷. After installing new lower arms (stock), using Traxxas links as upper arms, bearings around the drive cups, and a couple of other minor things, it can take a serious beating on 6s. On 4s it rarely breaks. Stock motor and ESC and even the servo have been very good.
By broken I meant "bent". Guess thats not technically broken. I'm not a kaiju owner (yet), I spent my budget last year on the black Friday sale on a kraton exb instead :LOL: this years budget is still open though!
I actually broke one shaft, right at the CV joint on the stock truck. No busted cups though, since I put bearing on as soon as I heard about that problem. I've bent all the shafts that are currently on both trucks. But I took a hammer to them & kept going. I haven't broken or bent anything in the few outings since the Mojave arms, but my setup is way too rigid. The uppers are complete overkill. But I don't have the energy to revisit them since they been working for so long.
I've read through the kaiju thread on this forum. Actually several times in its entirety haha. Made my OCD list of fixes for the kaiju if I were to get one (still looking like that or the MT8). There were several people that talked about bent drive shafts due to the overly flexible lower arms. That's what made me think it might be an issue as stock. Pin pull through on the stock arms was not on my list of issues/fixes though!

Every race kit manufacturer only keeps parts for a few years because their cars get updated every 1-2 years. This includes Team Losi Racing.

Team Associated still makes top-level race kits (for sure the most popular, and arguably the best) and has always been a race first brand.

Their RTR stuff is hit or miss, some is just rebranded OEM stuff, some is cheapo versions based on their race kits. It all depends. There are complex stories behind all of them. But yeah, they don't keep parts support for most of them for lots of different reasons, a main one being that one of the factories they used went belly-up.
I think it’s important to take the overall value equation into consideration when judging RTR rigs. Prices have kept up the past year. the kaiju kaojue ext and mt8 retail for low to mid 400’s with a 6s real 1/8th metal scale power train. Price wise, even worth the Maxx’s defacto price decrease by including the wide kit in the RTR, it is approx $100 more with a MUCH less robust power system and plastic shafts etc. I have a OG max i have driven an awful lot and a not yet driven v2 on a shelf I’m starting an upgrade project on, so im not knocking the rig, just pointing out that they are different propositions value wise and it would be difficult to produce a rig just as durable with more expensive electronics and still be less expensive. I have not purchased the mt8 yet, still on the fence, but I have the kaiju and kaiju ext. I got them both end of last year, ext preordered and the OG with the BF coupon for about $400 delivered, so about $40 more then a decent 1/10 3s arrma. The ext has not been flawless, I broke several of the upper arms but in fairness, they where prior to receiving my no charge “new formula” pair Redcat shipped free to all pre order customers automatically. I’m considering a mt8, waiting to see what issues there are and if the differences between the mt8 and redcat platforms make enough difference to justify.
The Maxx is the most durable RC car I have, no doubt. They stiffened up the arms on the MT8, but yeah I'm not convinced it's better. I partially broke one on my first pack. The outdrive problem seems better but I personally think the extra flexibility of the Kaiju arms allowed them to deflect more and let the driveshafts slam into the outdrive cups. So it's a tradeoff between breaking the arms or outdrives. I got a new set of MT8 arms, so we'll see if they last longer.
My OG maxx< even with wide kit, has been unbelievably durable, I think we can all agree. I like taking a few warm up packs on beater rigs when I bash at a new spot before driving my more substantial rigs and even in a familiar spot I like to warm up encore drivung my bigger scale or heavily upgraded stuff… my go to warm up rigs are my 3s arrmas and my max. both Options are durable, but the maxx has held up better overall. My arrma 3s break occasionally, though mostly justified, the maxx literally is a crash test dummy. My OG has suffered only one actual parts breakage and that was a c hub when it was on loaner duty driven by my girlfriends 8 yr old and while racing my son he clipped a wheel on a cement bench base… so pretty impressive.
having said that, the maxx has always been a disappointing drive performance wise. It’s got a decent top speed, but seams to take longer to get there then it should, and i can’t land it well of jumps to save my life. The kaiju‘s seam to handle better, I think it’s the shocks and different front rear suspension arms. Speed wise it’s not even close. The maxx seems to have quality suspension parts like the shocks and arms but maybe they only tested them for durability and didn’t put the same time into actual tuning for performance.
‘I’m hopping up my v2 max to metal drivetrain, I just put a spare 6s arrma set up in it, though I have only tested it once around my yard to make sure it functioned properly, it’s really an expensive rig like this if you had to pay retail for the upgrade parts (I had the firma 150 / 2050 kv left over from another build. The metal drive shafts upgrade parts from traxxas And a arrma 6s set up from Jenny’s puts the rig around a grand. I will hopefully have a near indestructible fast rig, but with very mediocre handling. At that price I probably won’t want to use it as a beater.
‘my kaijue ext was a great winter beater, I put the wheelie bar and bumper off the OG kaiju, and the sway bars and metal servo saver nut, maybe $50 bucks and it is a lot of fun, after proper;y venting, I don’t mind the stock tires either. It handles better then the maxx. It turns better then my notorious, it’s way lighter, less rotating mass, and narrower arms, but doesn't have quite the planted feel the Truggy based layout gives.

now I’m looking at this MT8. it may never be maxx bulletproof, but like the kaiju’s I think most of the major flaws get sorted out by either running parts changes, mods or parts swapping, so if the Truggy layout makes it noticeably more stable then the kaiju I think I wind up taking one.
it anyone knows the following information and can chime in I would be interested to know:

- ‘I have heard the upper arms are compatible Between the two rigs, are the lowers also? If the new stiffer mt8 arms prove to be too stiff and fragile, the redcat lower arms haven’t been an issue for me, so maybe a worthwhile option to use until the issue is resolved another way
- anyone driven the rival and redcat ext and can confirm the handling and stability of the rival is materially better? I have heard it has more authority in the air and feels more powerful; but they have similar power plants and probably close in weights, so that may come down to gearing and tires. I’m wondering if there’s a consensus the actual rival platform has handling and stability improvements That are substantial

i Like my redcats Fine for what they are, enough so that if the rival improves noticeably in handling / stability, its an excellent choice for experienced users who have the ability to mod and own other rigs. i don’t see these as competing with kratons and true 1/8th rigs, I see them competing more against traditional 1/10 rigs like the granite, stampede, etc. retail to retail there less then $100 difference, and while they don’t replace having something like a granite or maxx, they make a great option for racing around at breakneck speed when your not letting them go big air, as long as your wiling to do a little modding and some repairs. the redcat parts are also dirt cheap.

The MT8 seems a solid value. As is outta the box it's fast,looks to handle well,decent electrics. Great buy for a "lighter" duty basher? Same for the kaiju. Which I have and enjoy..although personally I would prefer the MT8 handling. Kraton,sludge ect are next level in toughness IMO.
A Frankenstein of the kaiju/mt8 would be cool..tho not feasible I don't think? Suspension is similar but the chassis..🤔

The MT8 seems a solid value. As is outta the box it's fast,looks to handle well,decent electrics. Great buy for a "lighter" duty basher? Same for the kaiju. Which I have and enjoy..although personally I would prefer the MT8 handling. Kraton,sludge ect are next level in toughness IMO.
A Frankenstein of the kaiju/mt8 would be cool..tho not feasible I don't think? Suspension is similar but the chassis..🤔
have you driven the mt8? I also have the kaiju’s and like them, certainly not perfect, but with some inexpensive pats like the sway bars they handle decent and are fast as hell! What I’m curious about from someone who has driven both is it actually noticeably more powerful then the kaiju’s? all 3 use the same rebrand hobbywing 150 amp esc and the ext and mt8 look to have the same motor, the OG kaiju’s is a bit different, but very similar still. I wonder if the authority and ‘extra backflips” are more attributable to the better balanced Diff positions and not a really power to weight. The kaijus, even the ext do have that Maxx like monster truck high center of gravity, it’s nice because it lets the driveshaft and center dif be protected, but harder to work on.
I also wonder how noticeable the handling stability improvement is in the mt8 over the redcats?
if it’s a substantial difference, at that price I could justify adding it, if it’s not that much difference then adding a 3rd similar rig doesn’t make sense. i just picked up a sledge last week but haven’t gotten a chance to drive it . From what I see it is going to be a really nice rig, but at $800 starting price I’m not going to just abuse it all the time. I’ll use it when I’m going to a bmx track or something especially worthwhile. Its not going to be my beat the hell out of it in snow and drive it full trigger till it does a 300 yard tumble for fun. I like to have different rigs for different reasons, the kaijui ext was my go to snow rig this winter and I beat it constantly, I don’t mind if it’s not in peak condition. I’ll eventually rebuild it if It starts falling apart or swap The electronics from something else 4s I want to upgrade and make it a guest loaner… that’s harder to justify for rigs that are twice the price

have you driven the mt8? I also have the kaiju’s and like them, certainly not perfect, but with some inexpensive pats like the sway bars they handle decent and are fast as hell! What I’m curious about from someone who has driven both is it actually noticeably more powerful then the kaiju’s? all 3 use the same rebrand hobbywing 150 amp esc and the ext and mt8 look to have the same motor, the OG kaiju’s is a bit different, but very similar still. I wonder if the authority and ‘extra backflips” are more attributable to the better balanced Diff positions and not a really power to weight. The kaijus, even the ext do have that Maxx like monster truck high center of gravity, it’s nice because it lets the driveshaft and center dif be protected, but harder to work on.
I also wonder how noticeable the handling stability improvement is in the mt8 over the redcats?
if it’s a substantial difference, at that price I could justify adding it, if it’s not that much difference then adding a 3rd similar rig doesn’t make sense. i just picked up a sledge last week but haven’t gotten a chance to drive it . From what I see it is going to be a really nice rig, but at $800 starting price I’m not going to just abuse it all the time. I’ll use it when I’m going to a bmx track or something especially worthwhile. Its not going to be my beat the hell out of it in snow and drive it full trigger till it does a 300 yard tumble for fun. I like to have different rigs for different reasons, the kaijui ext was my go to snow rig this winter and I beat it constantly, I don’t mind if it’s not in peak condition. I’ll eventually rebuild it if It starts falling apart or swap The electronics from something else 4s I want to upgrade and make it a guest loaner… that’s harder to justify for rigs that are twice the price

I haven't driven an EXT, but the regular Kaiju and MT8 feel the same power-wise to me. I think the MT8 is a little heavier, so you might lose a tiny fraction of acceleration, but it's like 2-3% at most.

In the air, I haven't triple back-flipped the Kaiju before, but I'm pretty it's almost the same wheelbase and would flip about the same as the MT8.

On the ground, the MT8 is way better than the Kaiju IMO. More precise and direct control, lower CG and feels heavier and more stable.

I haven't driven an EXT, but the regular Kaiju and MT8 feel the same power-wise to me. I think the MT8 is a little heavier, so you might lose a tiny fraction of acceleration, but it's like 2-3% at most.

In the air, I haven't triple back-flipped the Kaiju before, but I'm pretty it's almost the same wheelbase and would flip about the same as the MT8.

On the ground, the MT8 is way better than the Kaiju IMO. More precise and direct control, lower CG and feels heavier and more stable.
Awesome, thanks Razor, that’s what I wanted to know. I could care less about loosing 2-3% power to weight, as anyone who has spent time with these types of 6s essentially 1/10 scale rigs can attest to, its Hard to use all the power. That’s what I like about them, for cheaper rigs, you don't have to think about replacing esc or motors. every time when you hop up something like a big rock, Hoss, etc you wind up with a $600-$700 or more rig and could have had another kraton or similar, not that I don’t like my arrma 3s or other traditional 3s 1/10 scale rigs, it’s more that I like having something that slots in between true 8th high power rigs and traditional 1/10 options and these are perfect for that… there cheap and fun, you can beat on them without feeling like your destroying an expensive rig when driving in mud, snow, or just being an idiot which I frequently am .
i Found I drove my kaiju’s a lot this winter and drove my regular 10th scale rigs a lot less since getting them. plus Parts are cheap, there not going to replace things like a built Kraton exb or sledge, but I like keeping a rc or two in my work truck when I have a lighter day and taking a long lunch in a park along the way rocketing an rc around for a few packs… without having to worry too much when a toolbox or something else falls over on it… these things are perfect for these types of duty’s.
I just needed to hear that there was a big enough handling upgrade to Justify a 3rd similar rig, it sounds like there is!

Awesome, thanks Razor, that’s what I wanted to know. I could care less about loosing 2-3% power to weight, as anyone who has spent time with these types of 6s essentially 1/10 scale rigs can attest to, its Hard to use all the power. That’s what I like about them, for cheaper rigs, you don't have to think about replacing esc or motors. every time when you hop up something like a big rock, Hoss, etc you wind up with a $600-$700 or more rig and could have had another kraton or similar, not that I don’t like my arrma 3s or other traditional 3s 1/10 scale rigs, it’s more that I like having something that slots in between true 8th high power rigs and traditional 1/10 options and these are perfect for that… there cheap and fun, you can beat on them without feeling like your destroying an expensive rig when driving in mud, snow, or just being an idiot which I frequently am .
i Found I drove my kaiju’s a lot this winter and drove my regular 10th scale rigs a lot less since getting them. plus Parts are cheap, there not going to replace things like a built Kraton exb or sledge, but I like keeping a rc or two in my work truck when I have a lighter day and taking a long lunch in a park along the way rocketing an rc around for a few packs… without having to worry too much when a toolbox or something else falls over on it… these things are perfect for these types of duty’s.
I just needed to hear that there was a big enough handling upgrade to Justify a 3rd similar rig, it sounds like there is!
Yeah I think that you can have both the MT8 and Kaiju in the same collection. I haven't heard anyone bending the chassis yet. But I've only seen Razor send it pretty high so far, unless I've missed a video. From what I gather, the MT8 is a better handing truck than the Kaiju. And yes, you can triple backflip and even quadruple backflip the Kaiju on 6s (if the jump is high enough). Both the MT8 and Kaiju are great beater trucks. 👍

Last edited:
Yeah I think that you can have both the MT8 and Kaiju in the same collection. I haven't heard anyone bending the chassis yet. But I've only seen Razor send it pretty high so far, unless I've missed a video. From what I gather, the MT8 is a better handing truck than the Kaiju. And yes, you can triple backflip and even quadruple backflip the Kaiju on 6s (if the jump is high enough). Both the MT8 and Kaiju are great beater trucks. 👍i
I love that track Razor does his reviews from lately, that MT8 was flying!! I like my kaiju‘s and I‘ve got my EXT set up and tuned for decent handling now but you can definitely still feel the difference the higher center of gravity makes when I’m high speed bashing… jumping and rough terrain it’s not as apparent. during the week most of my driving is in parks when I get a break during work, so not as much jumping, more high speed maneuvering in high traction grass. i switched to the lowest shock positions to lower the rig as much as possible and added the away bars and the
+10mm optional redcat hex’s which has helped but it still has a lot of body roll and is difficult to break the rear in higher g cornering . Ive tried running truggy tires like the belted katar t’s of my talion, but the rigs not as wide as the talion so it winds up 2 wheeling in heavy cornering. mind you I realize comparing a $450 rig to a $800 talion or other higher end rc is not a fair comparison, and when comparing it to similar priced rigs it’s a home run So Its more that I’m excited that the mt8‘s will be just as fun and capable as the redcats are in what they do well, and potentially better in the areas the kaiju’s aren’t, namely more high speed on high traction bashing ( especially if the redcat sway bars and other hop ups work on the mt8) . I’m curious what the final “hot set up“ will wind up being between the two rigs compatible parts. like maybe the mt8 thicker upper front and rear arms but with the more flexible redcat lower arms, I actually like having major parts cominalitt between them. I just checked and the mt8 is back in stock at Amain, im headed out of town for the week, but I think I’ll place my order mid week so I get it as soon as I get back.
‘I’m going to try to make a better t-bone style bumper that mounts directly to the chassis for these rigs out of thick Kydex since the stock ones 4 thin plastic mounting legs don’t hold up well for bashing. with the rising prices on most 10th scale rigs starting close to $400. and up nowadays, i much prefer buying these mt8 and the redcats for my everyday drivers For a few bucks more.

FYI, I got some more running footage of the Rival MT8 in my Spektrum DX5 Pro review in case you missed it.

I love that track Razor does his reviews from lately, that MT8 was flying!! I like my kaiju‘s and I‘ve got my EXT set up and tuned for decent handling now but you can definitely still feel the difference the higher center of gravity makes when I’m high speed bashing… jumping and rough terrain it’s not as apparent. during the week most of my driving is in parks when I get a break during work, so not as much jumping, more high speed maneuvering in high traction grass. i switched to the lowest shock positions to lower the rig as much as possible and added the away bars and the
+10mm optional redcat hex’s which has helped but it still has a lot of body roll and is difficult to break the rear in higher g cornering . Ive tried running truggy tires like the belted katar t’s of my talion, but the rigs not as wide as the talion so it winds up 2 wheeling in heavy cornering. mind you I realize comparing a $450 rig to a $800 talion or other higher end rc is not a fair comparison, and when comparing it to similar priced rigs it’s a home run So Its more that I’m excited that the mt8‘s will be just as fun and capable as the redcats are in what they do well, and potentially better in the areas the kaiju’s aren’t, namely more high speed on high traction bashing ( especially if the redcat sway bars and other hop ups work on the mt8) . I’m curious what the final “hot set up“ will wind up being between the two rigs compatible parts. like maybe the mt8 thicker upper front and rear arms but with the more flexible redcat lower arms, I actually like having major parts cominalitt between them. I just checked and the mt8 is back in stock at Amain, im headed out of town for the week, but I think I’ll place my order mid week so I get it as soon as I get back.
‘I’m going to try to make a better t-bone style bumper that mounts directly to the chassis for these rigs out of thick Kydex since the stock ones 4 thin plastic mounting legs don’t hold up well for bashing. with the rising prices on most 10th scale rigs starting close to $400. and up nowadays, i much prefer buying these mt8 and the redcats for my everyday drivers For a few bucks more.
There's only so much you can get from the design of the kaiju,short wheelbase high center of gravity will never handle like a truggy. Kaiju is great for what it is however IMO. I just don't think it's feasible or worthwhile to try and get high speed handling out of the kaiju. There are much better platforms on the market for that. The kaiju does great for it's intended purpose which is a 6s stunt truck on the cheap.

There's only so much you can get from the design of the kaiju,short wheelbase high center of gravity will never handle like a truggy. Kaiju is great for what it is however IMO. I just don't think it's feasible or worthwhile to try and get high speed handling out of the kaiju. There are much better platforms on the market for that. The kaiju does great for it's intended purpose which is a 6s stunt truck on the cheap.
My Kaiju with the Kraton hubs still doesn't handle like a truggy. It's much wider & way more stable, but it handles more like an Outcast more than anything. The stock configuration is fun & all, but I'm just tired of fetching trucks all the time, especially smaller ones that don't have the weight to hold down the power. I could change out the shocks & lower the thing but it's more than good like it is. The EXT holds down power slightly better, but the OG Kaiju is way more stable. The EXT needs to be wider, period. Just being longer makes it more prone for the rear to slide, even with 500k in the center diff.

Last edited:
I get that, and my real high speed bashers are my tekno mt410 converted to the Truggy chassis, a built up exb talion, my kraton xl etc…. But the kaiju ext didn’t do badly once I added the sway bars, +10mm hex’s, lowered the shocks and tuned it a bit, it still didn't corner terrific, i Agree there’s definite limits, but for a 400 ish dollar truck with less then $50 bucks into upgrades theres not much better for a cheap beater for blasting around parks at warp speeds during lunch or using in conditions I prefer to not run my really expensive rigs. the mt8 seems like it has all the benefits of the kaiju’s platform without redcats high center of gravity. I find the kaiju’s a lot more satisfying then most affordable rigs and the Mt8 looks to be even better.
I have a habit of trying to preserve my favorite higher priced rigs especially the ones with a lot of money in upgrades, from needless abuse and wear. I tend to not toss my tekno stuff or built arrmas in my work truck to get banged around all day until I find a little time to burn a few packs, or take them out in really muddy conditions or drive them through deep water. There not shelf queens, I do take them out and run them hard but i like to have specific beaters i don’t worry about at all. , I know it’s a little weird, but I like having a large collection with a good amount of near pristine models, I have a compulsion to meticulously clean my favorite rigs meticulously and replace any parts that are even a little damaged, my dozen or so “daily drivers” I just blow of with a compressor and repair only when really needed.

My Kaiju with the Kraton hubs still doesn't handle like a truggy. It's much wider & way more stable, but it handles more like an Outcast more than anything. The stock configuration is fun & all, but I'm just tired of fetching trucks all the time, especially smaller ones that don't have the weight to hold down the power. I could change out the shocks & lower the thing but it's more than good like it is. The EXT holds down power slightly better, but the OG Kaiju is way more stable. The EXT needs to be wider, period. Just being longer makes it more prone for the rear to slide, even with 500k in the center diff.
impressive, I never considered hybrid options between the kaijui and arrma. , I really like making hybrids, I actually had a hybrid with the Mohave arms on the kraton chassis but wound up switching it to the shorter Typhon/outcast chassis before I had a chance to try it.
if it’s n-t too of topic, your running the Mohave arms, kraton pillow / hubs, with arrma axles and driveshafts or do the kaiju’s work? i bet there’s some real potential with something similar on the mt8, especially if the rival suspension arm issues don’t resolve and continue to be a weak spot. I know it takes some work ironing out the kinks with hybrids to get the full potential from them, so I understand your comment on the stiffness, but I’m sure with enough playing around with shock pistons, oils, springs and other tuning a bullet proof suspension on a mt8 would be an awesome rig. Like a smaller better turning notorious, I love mine, but it’s not the most numbe driving rig in the world…. But man, they are like poetry in the air.

I get that, and my real high speed bashers are my tekno mt410 converted to the Truggy chassis, a built up exb talion, my kraton xl etc…. But the kaiju ext didn’t do badly once I added the sway bars, +10mm hex’s, lowered the shocks and tuned it a bit, it still didn't corner terrific, i Agree there’s definite limits, but for a 400 ish dollar truck with less then $50 bucks into upgrades theres not much better for a cheap beater for blasting around parks at warp speeds during lunch or using in conditions I prefer to not run my really expensive rigs. the mt8 seems like it has all the benefits of the kaiju’s platform without redcats high center of gravity. I find the kaiju’s a lot more satisfying then most affordable rigs and the Mt8 looks to be even better.
I have a habit of trying to preserve my favorite higher priced rigs especially the ones with a lot of money in upgrades, from needless abuse and wear. I tend to not toss my tekno stuff or built arrmas in my work truck to get banged around all day until I find a little time to burn a few packs, or take them out in really muddy conditions or drive them through deep water. There not shelf queens, I do take them out and run them hard but i like to have specific beaters i don’t worry about at all. , I know it’s a little weird, but I like having a large collection with a good amount of near pristine models, I have a compulsion to meticulously clean my favorite rigs meticulously and replace any parts that are even a little damaged, my dozen or so “daily drivers” I just blow of with a compressor and repair only when really needed.

impressive, I never considered hybrid options between the kaijui and arrma. , I really like making hybrids, I actually had a hybrid with the Mohave arms on the kraton chassis but wound up switching it to the shorter Typhon/outcast chassis before I had a chance to try it.
if it’s n-t too of topic, your running the Mohave arms, kraton pillow / hubs, with arrma axles and driveshafts or do the kaiju’s work? i bet there’s some real potential with something similar on the mt8, especially if the rival suspension arm issues don’t resolve and continue to be a weak spot. I know it takes some work ironing out the kinks with hybrids to get the full potential from them, so I understand your comment on the stiffness, but I’m sure with enough playing around with shock pistons, oils, springs and other tuning a bullet proof suspension on a mt8 would be an awesome rig. Like a smaller better turning notorious, I love mine, but it’s not the most numbe driving rig in the world…. But man, they are like poetry in the air.
No argument from me that the kaiju(both versions) as well as the mt8 provide great bang for the buck👍
I too am curious about the kraton hubs..

Back