New 1/8 MT from Associated! Looks interesting. Rival MT8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your driving is fine👍 It's ur judgement that's questionable 🤣 LOL
Just messing with you!!
You been at it long enough to know how it goe$
Love the vids!!
The most surprising thing to me is how good my son has gotten at driving my rigs. He can drive any of them with no problem. Some of them at full power. Yesterday he was getting backflips with our weakest and smallest MT (Maverick MT) on 2s and I CAN'T! I even took the vehicle from him on the video and I failed. I'll upload the video. I swear I'm not making it up. He usually beats me drag racing too and he's only 5 and a half years old 🤣. He's been driving by himself since he was 3 and a half years old. Check it out :

Last edited:
So there MT8 is going to be bigger than the Kaiju at least. Specs comparison. Not sure if its the same size as the Notorious

Screenshot_20211115-220659_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211115-220608_Chrome.jpg

Wheelbase on the Notorious is 328mm
Wheelbase on the Kaiju : 309mm
Wheelbase on the MT8 : 330mm
Interesting

Screenshot_20211115-221423_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Those are v1 Kaiju specs? V2 I think are much closer to the Rival mt8 specs if I remember correctly?
I'd like to believe the associated is better quality than the RC but rumor has it they're coming out of the same place..IDK.
I haven't laid hand on an associated product in 30 years.
Associated as well as Losi were US made back then. I still have 2 Losi GTX nitro stadium trucks from the 90's.. I'm a hoarder🙄

Those are v1 Kaiju specs? V2 I think are much closer to the Rival mt8 specs if I remember correctly?
Do you mean Kaiju EXT? The regular Kaiju has always been the same size.

I'd like to believe the associated is better quality than the RC but rumor has it they're coming out of the same place..IDK.
I haven't laid hand on an associated product in 30 years.
Associated as well as Losi were US made back then. I still have 2 Losi GTX nitro stadium trucks from the 90's.. I'm a hoarder🙄
Well the Kaiju plastics have been very durable, except for the upper control arms and front bumper. Everything else, has held up the test of time and abuse from me and my son. Oh yeah, the plastic spur gear on the Kaiju sucks. But that's about it. They seemed to have used very similar parts and plastics, so that's a plus for the MT8 (at least I think)

Well the Kaiju plastics have been very durable, except for the upper control arms and front bumper. Everything else, has held up the test of time and abuse from me and my son. Oh yeah, the plastic spur gear on the Kaiju sucks. But that's about it. They seemed to have used very similar parts and plastics, so that's a plus for the MT8 (at least I think)
I'd bet they're both good rigs. RC has truly upped their game with the Kaiju(original). Like to believe the EXT will be at least as good.
If the MT8 is similar to the MT10 it should be quite good as well.

Same ol problem with upper arms I see😂
Longer wheelbase is def a plus tho(IMO).
At least they put a metal spur gear this time. They should have redesigned the upper control arms. Oh well 🤦

Same ol problem with upper arms I see😂
Longer wheelbase is def a plus tho(IMO).
Actually he broke a tie rod end on the suspension. Yeah those break on me once in a while. He used Traxxas links like I do on my Kaijus. JT got 48mph on 4s and 63mph on 6s. That's pretty impressive for the EXT (on road)

Last edited:
Actually he broke a tie rod end on the suspension. Yeah those break on me once in a while. He used Traxxas links like I do on my Kaijus. JT got 48mph on 4s and 63mph on 6s. That's pretty impressive for the EXT (on road)
Yeah man👍 I know you pre ordered the MT8, now you have to get this one too?!🤣
Seriously tho, EXT is a sweet rig IMO.
That's faster than the original Kaiju I think?
Wonder where they found the extra MPH?
Looks like the same eletrics as original?

Yeah man👍 I know you pre ordered the MT8, now you have to get this one too?!🤣
Seriously tho, EXT is a sweet rig IMO.
That's faster than the original Kaiju I think?
Wonder where they found the extra MPH?
Looks like the same eletrics as original?
Bigger belted tires on the EXT compared to the Kaiju. Longer wheelbase all help with the increase in speed. Nah. I just have to stop buying rigs 🤣🛑

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back