New 1/8 MT from Associated! Looks interesting. Rival MT8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After waiting for over two months I threw in the towel. I bought a Limitless instead. Furthermore, who knows what I would have destroyed with my 26ft plus jumps on the MT8. I most likely would have bent that metal chassis (I have a feeling that I could do it). And it looks a lot like a Kaiju, which is not that durable TBH. Oh well. I just don't want another rc what will need upgrades and parts. Canceled my MT8 order.
FWIW, I think you made the right call..while I do have a soft spot for Associated, they just aren't what they used to be. I do have fond memories of being 15, and getting my first real rc(RC10) but..those days are in the rearview now.
So how many volts can you put to a limitless!? Haha😁

FWIW, I think you made the right call..while I do have a soft spot for Associated, they just aren't what they used to be. I do have fond memories of being 15, and getting my first real rc(RC10) but..those days are in the rearview now.
I'm going to start with the XLX2 and 1100kv 5687 from Hobbywing, so nothing too crazy. On 8s. PPS motor mount

Bit harsh when the MT8 hasn't been released yet. My MT10 and SC10 have lasted longer than any of my Arrma 3s rigs. Put it this way, both are still running with very little needed in upgrades or maintenance. I've HAD 5 Arrma 3s rigs (past tense) and the TAs have proven Stronger and longer lasting than an Arrma 3s hands down. Just not quite as fast 😕 But that's why I have a 6s Typhon. It too is built to last.

Bit harsh when the MT8 hasn't been released yet. My MT10 and SC10 have lasted longer than any of my Arrma 3s rigs. Put it this way, both are still running with very little needed in upgrades or maintenance. I've HAD 5 Arrma 3s rigs (past tense) and the TAs have proven Stronger and longer lasting than an Arrma 3s hands down. Just not quite as fast 😕 But that's why I have a 6s Typhon. It too is built to last.
Fair enough. I respect your experience and opinions. I only have had experience with Arrma 6s myself. I hope I'm wrong about the MT8😁

I hope you're wrong too bro. Biggest issue is they released the teaser video of the MT8 quite a while ago and it has yet to appear in shops. More supply chain issues or something bigger???

With regards to 3s rigs, all I own currently is a Hoss.. yeah, you read right🤣 In my defense, I bought it from my brother for$200. In it's defense, it has proven to be a decent rig although grossly over priced!! I find it satisfying to beat the crap out of with no guilt! Haha
I hope you're wrong too bro. Biggest issue is they released the teaser video of the MT8 quite a while ago and it has yet to appear in shops. More supply chain issues or something bigger???
Agreed, not sure what's going on there but it's been quite some time since they announced it?

Last edited:
Yeah but the MT8 has a metal chassis. That is my biggest (or was) my biggest concern. I'm pretty brutal with my rigs. So maybe if some people doesn't jump too high it should be OK. But yeah, we need to see this thing being thrown around first. Yeah those previous trucks mentioned are very durable and the MT10 has a center diff. Way better than the Arrma 3s stuff indeed. But that is a plastic chassis rig.

Yeah those previous trucks mentioned are very durable and the MT10 has a center diff. Way better than the Arrma 3s stuff indeed. But that is a plastic chassis rig.

The plastic vs metal debate rages on lol. Some places plastic just shouldn't be used (gears) but plastic chassis certainty seems durable.

The plastic vs metal debate rages on lol. Some places plastic just shouldn't be used (gears) but plastic chassis certainty seems durable.
The Xmaxx is a perfect example, but it clearly has it's limits as RCdude 81 and Duperbash have shown.
It really comes down to how you use them as to which is better I guess.

It depends how high and what material is used with the metal apparently. My 7075 chassis from M2C has been bullet proof against the so called Arrma 7075. No Problem with my heavy ass Xmaxx (about 28lbs) and 26ft jumps into grass either.

It depends how high and what material is used with the metal apparently. My 7075 chassis from M2C has been bullet proof against the so called Arrma 7075. No Problem with my heavy ass Xmaxx (about 28lbs) and 26ft jumps into grass either.
I agree with you, but then seeing Rich's Xmaxx videos..that show's the limits of the plastic. TBH, I've never done anything close what you or the YT guys are doing so.. I love it, but don't have the cash to be doing it.

Associated sent me an email saying that they have an MT8 available for purchase. I promised myself that I wouldn't buy another rc though. I still need to upgrade some of my RC vehicles in my 14 RC collection. 🤔

Just a heads up. OMG RC has the Rival in stock available for shipping too. I'll just watch on the sidelines, which is rare for me. But I must resist! Like eating at night when you get home from work hungry 🤣

https://omgrc.com/products/rival-mt..._COPY_03)&mc_cid=8907dd6daf&mc_eid=2f91d55055
The MT8 looks good, but too much like rigs I already own. Look forward to another MT on the market tho👍
Same for the TRX sludge..regardless of good it is or isn't, I have several rigs that fit that category already. Another choice for those in the market tho! 2022 has already turned out to be a good year for us bashers IMO 😁👍🤘
I'm in same boat @Armarookie43 .. if I want a place to eat and sleep, I'm on the sidelines watching the other kids with the latest toys..😔

No worries, we have plenty o'toys already🤘🤘😁
Associated sent me an email saying that they have an MT8 available for purchase. I promised myself that I wouldn't buy another rc though. I still need to upgrade some of my RC vehicles in my 14 RC collection. 🤔
I'm not up to 14, but have at least 6 or 7 that are "runners", and a few in either "deep" storage or in traction waiting for a revival that's NEVER coming!! 🤣🤣😁

Last edited:
The MT8 looks good, but too much like rigs I already own. Look forward to another MT on the market tho👍
Same for the TRX sludge..regardless of good it is or isn't, I have several rigs that fit that category already. Another choice for those in the market tho! 2022 has already turned out to be a good year for us bashers IMO 😁👍🤘
I'm in same boat @Armarookie43 .. if I want a place to eat and sleep, I'm on the sidelines watching the other kids with the latest toys..😔

No worries, we have plenty o'toys already🤘🤘😁

I'm not up to 14, but have at least 6 or 7 that are "runners", and a few in either "deep" storage or in traction waiting for a revival that's NEVER coming!! 🤣🤣😁
Absolutely a good year. I'll just have fun with the amazing rigs that I already have. Heck my upgraded Xmaxx, Outcast 8s and EXB K8S are more amazing than anything stock out there 🤣

So does anyone have one yet?
Not that I can see. It should be at any moment now. It's surprising that Associated didn't give one to the regular famous big Youtubers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back