Typhon New 2016 Typhon on the way!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coolrcguy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
WOOHOO! So I was going to get a 2016 Raider XL BLX because it was much more inexpensive than a Typhon. So before I purchased it, I showed my wife. She said, "why would you get that one when you could get the 4wd one that looks way better?"

Long story short, it's nice to have a spouse who supports your interest in a hobby like this one. Next week, I'll be the new owner of a 2016 Typhon! My first ARRMA vehicle!

You wont regret your purchase. Just get a quality battery like an smc and steer away from turnigy as ive recently been burned by them. Id recommend changing the diff fluids immediately. $15 in fluid can save you from a rebuild. Other than that im loving mine and you will too

You wont regret your purchase. Just get a quality battery like an smc and steer away from turnigy as ive recently been burned by them. Id recommend changing the diff fluids immediately. $15 in fluid can save you from a rebuild. Other than that im loving mine and you will too
I'm running nothing but smc.

I've just took delivery of my shiny new Typhon v2 and man i'm like a kid at christmas! Its my 1st RC car in 20 years and they have moved on a little lol, the Typhon even stock with 6s is an utter terrorist.. scared the poop out of me first time I pulled the trigger. Looking forward to getting it on some dirt now.

I got my typhon a few weeks ago, was gonna get a talion but it was out of stock... I'm not good at waiting so I decided to grab a typhoon. I ran it stock with 4s 6500mah 75c smc lipo awesome, with 6s it's insane, I threw a 17 tooth pinion on and ran 4s fast 6s it's stupid fast, heat was in check, esc good so I went to a 21tooth pinion on 4s it's almost out of control in dirt, I have not tried 6s with the 21 I think the stock tires will explode.

I obviously have a lot of playing to do yet with upgrades and component replacements but for a 1st run it seemed stable and insanely fast. I got 2 x overlander sport 5000mah 35c Lipo's in a power bundle which didnt fit in the tray so had to strap down the best I could for now. I'll need to look at stregthening a bit more but it semed to do the job. The only other thing i noticed was it bottoming out over (extended) speed humps outside my house which scuffed the underside, next tweek will be to stiffen or raise the shock and spring set up a little as it does seem a little soft currently.

Just ordered me a Typhon tonight, you guys can't have all the fun. Might go for speed with this little guy - looking at the XO1 wheels and tires for it.

Speaking of which (man Tower gets here fast!).
20161109_201449.jpg
This is my Typhon. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Muhahahahahahaha
And, it's bigger than I expected.:woot:

Last edited:
Congrats on the new toy bud, lol yeah I was surprised how big this thing was too! I was hoping for something a little more discrete so the Mrs wouldnt notice... but there aint nothing discrete about this thing lol. In all the vids I watched it never looked this big, or sounds as noisy... but its great all the same! come to find my shocks and springs are very soft imo, is there any "out of box" mods you guys have done to improve the initial set up?

Congrats on the new toy bud, lol yeah I was surprised how big this thing was too! I was hoping for something a little more discrete so the Mrs wouldnt notice... but there aint nothing discrete about this thing lol. In all the vids I watched it never looked this big, or sounds as noisy... but its great all the same! come to find my shocks and springs are very soft imo, is there any "out of box" mods you guys have done to improve the initial set up?

Shim the diffs and get better springs.

Bump.... also looking for some stiffer spring recommendations. I have the Teknos that several are running on their Keaton's, but I assume those springs wouldn't be so great for the Typhon?

Bump.... also looking for some stiffer spring recommendations. I have the Teknos that several are running on their Keaton's, but I assume those springs wouldn't be so great for the Typhon?
I've heard that the teknos are pretty good, however there are probably a few options! I'm going for the team d's, just want to know if I need a change of shock oil at the same time

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back