Limitless New 2028 motor release!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Vendetta
Last edited:
Last edited:
Ohh I didn’t see

i have seen this motor being tested by a couple friends who run on my road the past few months, I’m more so happy that the motor pulled that speed with the Onyx packs. Proving their worth
are those onyx packs some kind of secret? I tried finding them and just cant

It's basically a start up. Shadow hobbies is the only legit store in the US selling them. His site makes it hard to find the batteries but if you go to the search bar and type in the name they will pull up.

I just got a pair of them from Shadow hobbies and it was a positive experience. The cells resistance is the best I have ever seen even versus SMCs top of the line products.

Approaching speeds that I'll just take someone's word that a car flew by ...
Oh you don’t need to see it. Video doesn’t do these things justice with the sound they make when they fly by. 😝
Figured you guys would like to see the motor is finally dropping,
195mph pass with two 8k Onyx packs is legit!!

https://www.facebook.com/1000756285...9HE5fFM44sSvt1JBpz62eAMhuqd1JciGKNmFmjjl/?d=n

@vwturbowolf Have you heard if the rotor is like the 1721 or is it Kevlar?

They are available at Shadow Hobbies website to order in the US.
Will be more suppliers this spring.
Oh you don’t need to see it. Video doesn’t do these things justice with the sound they make when they fly by. 😝

@vwturbowolf Have you heard if the rotor is like the 1721 or is it Kevlar?
Like the Tp Cm
Has anyone gone faster with a single motor? Glad to see more KV. Really helps make the motor easier to gear.
Mccoy has

This very well might be the new BEST rc speed motor?
how do you think this stacks up against the 4080svm, and the TP high KV motor? (56mm)
Tbh there’s no best motor. It’s also not just a motor that’s gonna get you speed. The batteries are as important or more so. There are a handful of motors that can do these speeds. But require the whole package. A great setup car and perfect running conditions.
Ty!! I am also novice to this, so do you mind telling me whats the difference between basher and not basher(or speed) batteries?
Speed run batteries like the Onyx packs I’m running are specifically designed with particular cells that are meant for speed running.
Onyx also had a complete RTR battery line that will come to the US next year. These will be meant for bashers

I still think it's amazing what is being done with, essentially, off the shelf RC cars these days. When I say off the shelf, I obviously don't mean that they're stock out of the box vehicles, but it's all stuff that you can buy (with the exception of experience and ability of course) and not a custom job like what Nic Case was running back when he set the WR many years ago.

Has anyone gone faster with a single motor? Glad to see more KV. Really helps make the motor easier to gear.
James has been 201.
Tbh there’s no best motor. It’s also not just a motor that’s gonna get you speed. The batteries are as important or more so. There are a handful of motors that can do these speeds. But require the whole package. A great setup car and perfect running conditions.

Speed run batteries like the Onyx packs I’m running are specifically designed with particular cells that are meant for speed running.
Onyx also had a complete RTR battery line that will come to the US next year. These will be meant for bashers
Yeah, thats a great point. I could put a 5870 into a mini t, doesn't mean it would go supersonic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back