New 3d printer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive looking into #2 as well, thanks for recommending it. How big is the ball bering. will it actually spin?

That's for you to find out..

How big do you want the balls?

Oh and if you really feel feisty...

Try this one (it's WAY before your time, but it's still very Cool.)
1676431158901.png

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1718951

Last edited:
They're dragging their knuckles again...!!!
For a company THAT size and worth $48B
You would imagine they be updating their systems without grinding down their entire network.

Thank goodness they aren't a hospital with patients waiting in the ER...
To have to wait for their process to be 'verified'...
So true, couple months ago it went down for a whole day without notice, at least didn't have to do any work in class. lol

I have an ender 3, an ender 3 max and 2 fokoos odins. My best printer is my ender 3 most reliable printer and prints everything except tou thats my fokoos job’s. I did upgrades like a bi metal heatbreak, bl touch, pei sheet and some 3d printed upgrades like dual fan shroud and side spool.
My ender 3 max is okay but i only use it for large prints
The bi metal heatbreak is the best upgrade you can do. It makes ur retractions go from 6-7mm and 25ms retraction speed to 2-3mm retractions and 30-35ms retraction speed. You can print whatever you want other than pla from that point.

The ender 3 and creality is hated a lot because of QC issues. Its the mostvpopular brand so it makes sense its pooped on a lot. But reality is this if you get a 3d printer its your problem what happens to it. The conpany you bought from wont be sending you free stuff easy as horizonhobby for example. Its a DIY kind of experience you turn ur printer ibto whatever you want.

Every printer can have QC issues. The fokoos odin was the most recommanded to me telling me ots a better ender 3 in every single level. Mine had so much QC issues that they had to send me another printer. I have one that prints okay the other prints almost ender 3 quality.
20221229_004724.jpg

Last edited:
Another quick note..

If / When you do start printing with ABS, Nylon, PC , CF you will need to invest in a fire&dust proof tent to keep the heat in.
Cause those filament type are Very temperature sensitive..

You want to get a filament dryer also. (or modify a food dehydrator ,like I did.)
Because moisture in the filament will cause all sort of random print quality issues.
Just a heads up.

Last edited:
Another quick note..

If / When you do start printing with ABS, Nylon, PC , CF you will need to invest in a fire&dust proof tent to keep the heat in.
Cause those filament type are Very temperature sensitive..

You want to get a filament dryer also. (or modify a food dehydrator ,like I did.)
Because moisture in the filament will cause all sort of random print quality issues.
Just a heads up.
Thanks! I have already began looking at both of those.
The printer is here! I’ve started my bench. The Z-offset was a struggle, had to dial it down to -2.65.
Setting it up went well, and it seems to be printing well now! Got the computer for a bit to use cura, and am running the stock settings. 2 hour print for a benchy.

Attachments

• 91B25A18-2C3F-48B4-8EBF-380BE967BDBA.jpeg
    91B25A18-2C3F-48B4-8EBF-380BE967BDBA.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 29
  • A5340C12-FA73-47F7-8ED1-8645B1504C83.jpeg
    A5340C12-FA73-47F7-8ED1-8645B1504C83.jpeg
    282.4 KB · Views: 29
Thanks! I have already began looking at both of those.
The printer is here! I’ve started my bench. The Z-offset was a struggle, had to dial it down to -2.65.
Setting it up went well, and it seems to be printing well now! Got the computer for a bit to use cura, and am running the stock settings. 2 hour print for a benchy.

You should have test printed those first two tests l'd listed earlier ,to help dial in your new printer..
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

And take a screenshot of the settings your using in Cura.
version 5.2.2 ,yes?

Last edited:
I’ll do those two tonight and tomorrow. Here’s my benchy, does anyone have an idea on the bumpies along the side? Or the back? For a first print I’m quite happy! Thanks for all the help guys, looking forward to learning more.

6BA9B03C-6D8F-4932-8328-7D1E0EE9890C.jpeg

71E1B064-0696-4988-9727-D63F007043F2.jpeg

Cant get cura setting atm, but I left them as suggested. I didn’t change any. 50mm/second.
I just printed this little Martian, so cool. No supports.

But umm yea what Tex said 😀

View attachment 278302
Looks good!

Last edited:
Last edited:
You have your Z Seam set to be on the "right".. That's what's causing the ugly crease on the surface.

You'll want to set that to Sharpest Corner to help fix that issue.
Sweet. I’m guessing that’s in cura? Thank you so much for the help. I’ll have to fix it tomorrow, my dads still doing my taxes. Me working 4 jobs didn’t help him😂

Just from my eye. Like @Tex Koder said change seam to sharpest corner. You should run that calibration table he sent you as well. Along with a temp tower on every different material because even just a different color can be a few degrees difference. Yup that’s correct even just a few degrees can make a world of a difference. It looks like it’s either a touch too hot or just over extruding just the smallest bit. But that calibration table will help a lot. I will gladly help you get it dialed in if you would like. Welcome to the 3d printing world lol

I will gladly help you get it dialed in if you would like. Welcome to the 3d printing world lol
Would be a great help! Thanks! I have the morning to work with it, and evening. Tomorrow I leave for State basketball tournament. Which temp do you think is too high? Nozzle or bed?
Which calibration table?

@#ARRMArcfanboy4life Yes, I need to relevel the bed manually and auto. Last night I lowered it a bit more around the tip of the bow.

I’m getting terrible adhesion to the bed on my first layer. It’s just dragging stuff away. This is a bed leveler test. How do I fix this? I upped my bed temp to 70 and slowed first layer speed to 20mm/second

77C44805-611D-4737-B8D1-0B5AAB185145.jpeg

Underside

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I’m getting terrible adhesion to the bed on my first layer. It’s just dragging stuff away. This is a bed leveler test. How do I fix this? I upped my bed temp to 70 and slowed first layer speed to 20mm/second

View attachment 278628
Underside

Your bed is Not Level.. it's jacked up.
Need to manually set those four corners by playing with those knobs ,first and foremost.

I would strongly suggest you use a accurate ruler and measure the bottom of the bed to the top of the support frame ,at all four corners. Write the differences down.. for reference.

And then adjust all four of them to be equal to the highest corner ,to get them equal to each other.

You might want to have a bubble level to gauge if your printer is sitting level also. At several points (very top of frame ,top of X-axis bar ,top of bed, top of support frame. You get the idea.) ,just to be sure your printer is square to itself and to the table/dresser drawer or whatever you have it sitting on.

I leveled my bed and got this!
There are some spots that don’t have great layer adhesion, but the overhang printed pretty good imo

356918B6-8911-4A8B-898A-4FD2CF533D4A.jpeg

B80859C2-E20B-4497-B2FF-FB336D6A4F96.jpeg

8702D889-D67F-4EB6-B10A-6CA6BAC82842.jpeg

89BCE131-579C-42CD-B997-6558FCB0277E.jpeg

A63D76C4-AE62-499B-9941-FCEAE9D536E9.jpeg

Edit:
I got the first layer adhesion down after messing with the bed. Turns out I had leveled it wrong. It needs to rub and contact the paper, not be just above it. First layer looks great on new leveling test! Hoping the layer to layer adhesion gets a bit better, then I’ll possibly make an attempt at that bearing. Could you please explain why I should do it other than it looks cool? Should it spin? If it doesn’t what is wrong in the tolerances?
Thanks

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back