New 3d printer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah! I just got a Ender 3 Max Neo. It is great and prints big. Do any of you know if there are filaments it can take besides TPU, ABS, PETG and PLA?
I ended up returning the v2, and getting an ender 3 s1. Depending on the upgrades, you can print almost anything. Direct drive is better for the flexible filaments, but some you can still use a Bowden tube. I don’t have any off the top of my head, maybe
@3d-rc.myshopify.com can help out here?

I ended up returning the v2, and getting an ender 3 s1. Depending on the upgrades, you can print almost anything. Direct drive is better for the flexible filaments, but some you can still use a Bowden tube. I don’t have any off the top of my head, maybe
@3d-rc.myshopify.com can help out here?
A couple firmware tweaks and it can print just about anything. It’s the temps that will be a limiting factor but a few people have tweaked the firmware to run higher temps. But I have personally never needed to print above 260c. An enclosure is going to be the more important thing when dealing with most high temp materials.

This is what I have cooking right now.

image.jpg

Wow! I’m making a scaled down weight rack and barbell with detachable weights for my trainers, here’s v2. V1 had a bar too close to the middle and was too small. Also too skinny for the height. V2 is current print and my f360 pic.

image.jpg

57902B1F-D680-4A6B-BF69-9FF2DED68467.jpeg

4328F539-781F-408B-BDB7-A32AE9028D17.jpeg

Alright. I made 2 rings in F360, not connected at all. When they print, it extruded through the whole travel. Not stringing, just full layers. Any ideas? My cura setting were stock except for temps and seam. Seam was “back”.

Alright. I made 2 rings in F360, not connected at all. When they print, it extruded through the whole travel. Not stringing, just full layers. Any ideas? My cura setting were stock except for temps and seam. Seam was “back”.

No clue... What you just spoken..
Shaking My Head GIF by Grammarly.com

Show pics you must..

Shoot. Thanks for letting me know. What’s your recommendation for budget dryer?

A Used food dehydrator ($20 cash ,got from a farmer), I just cut the middle racks' screen-trays out ,so it's high enough that I can put at least two filament spools in there at a time.

Don't need to pay crazy prices for the dedicated Branded dryers..

If I want to move up to other filaments after getting pla down, should I get something I can direct feed now?

What do you mean..
You're direct feeding now , aren't you?

Last edited:
A Used food dehydrator ($20 cash ,got from a farmer), I just cut the middle racks' screen-trays out ,so it's high enough that I can put at least two filament spools in there at a time.

Don't need to pay crazy prices for the dedicated Branded dryers..

What do you mean..
You're direct feeding now , aren't you?
yes direct drive extruded, but I meant print from the spool in a dryer. I believe I saw @3d-rc.myshopify.com mention he does it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back