New 4s BLX Kraton & Outcast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel exactly the same. This was my most anticipated release of the year and I'm completely underwhelmed. The truck is 95% plastic they didn't even give it metal diffs!
I too was waiting for these 4s trucks to drop. Had a gut feeling they were not going to be what I hoped they would. Little mini me's of the 6s. So I went and bought their big brothers, glad I did.

I too was waiting for these 4s trucks to drop. Had a gut feeling they were not going to be what I hoped they would. Little mini me's of the 6s. So I went and bought their big brothers, glad I did.
When I get done, I'll have both a true mini Outcast & Kraton. They will be proper 6s cars of course & I won't be out of $800 worth of plastic either. I seriously wished they went with mini v4 Kraton wheels. The Minokawas are so last year.

When I get done, I'll have both a true mini Outcast & Kraton. They will be proper 6s cars of course & I won't be out of $800 worth of plastic either. I seriously wished they went with mini v4 Kraton wheels. The Minokawas are so last year.
Just another terrible decision. They realized how crappy they were on the 6s Kraton and changed them to the Copperheads. The 4s? Here you go. Sh!t on a stick. Enjoy!

Got my 4s Outcast in yesterday. It's a beast on 4s. Its geared perfect imo. No need to even change the pinion. I don't like the HPI wheel nuts, they seem to come loose during a run. I lost two but luckily found them both. They are locktited now. Also the front a arms are made of the same jello the typhon 3s arms are made of. Broke at the hinge pin on my very first flop. Seems that Tower has them in stock already though.

Got my 4s Outcast in yesterday. It's a beast on 4s. Its geared perfect imo. No need to even change the pinion. I don't like the HPI wheel nuts, they seem to come loose during a run. I lost two but luckily found them both. They are locktited now. Also the front a arms are made of the same jello the typhon 3s arms are made of. Broke at the hinge pin on my very first flop. Seems that Tower has them in stock already though.
RPM finally has front arms for the Typhon 3s, they might make them for the 4s line by . . . this time next year ? I really want to convert my Granite & Senton which both have 4s systems now (Castle 1512, HW SC8) but they can keep the arms. Give me playdough any day. The arms on my Basher Sabertooth & Force RCs might be silly putty but they will outlive the entire car. I can flex the Basher's arms into a U & they'll bounce right back. They don't cause me any running problems either. Making brittle arms is a TrxASS stunt that started with the Sledgehammer. They were super thick but ALWAYS broke right at the hinge pin. That was the 1st car I ever owned to have destroyed countless arms just on 2-3ft jumps. If I tumbled the thing, it was a write off. I understand it's a money thing but it only works if you can keep up with demand - something that failed for the Typhon.

RPM finally has front arms for the Typhon 3s, they might make them for the 4s line by . . . this time next year ? I really want to convert my Granite & Senton which both have 4s systems now (Castle 1512, HW SC8) but they can keep the arms. Give me playdough any day. The arms on my Basher Sabertooth & Force RCs might be silly putty but they will outlive the entire car. I can flex the Basher's arms into a U & they'll bounce right back. They don't cause me any running problems either. Making brittle arms is a TrxASS stunt that started with the Sledgehammer. They were super thick but ALWAYS broke right at the hinge pin. That was the 1st car I ever owned to have destroyed countless arms just on 2-3ft jumps. If I tumbled the thing, it was a write off. I understand it's a money thing but it only works if you can keep up with demand - something that failed for the Typhon.
I've wanted a Sabertooth for a long time, should have picked one up when Hobbyking had them on sale.

I prefer the Heismans (stiff arms). Some give is fine, but when they start sagging under their own weight -- no thanks.

I prefer the Heismans (stiff arms). Some give is fine, but when they start sagging under their own weight -- no thanks.
Sabertooth didn't have that problem, but the Force RCs front upper arms did. I modded both to fit the RPM Kraton front upper arm. It did take a bear grip to U the Sabertooth arms. They have the same flexibility as the RPM arms. I'm not going to say I'm overly strong or anything but I can break a Kraton rear arm with my bare hands, & yes it was already broken at the hinge so it was probably weaken from that.

Are there likely to be Typhon and Talion 4s models coming as well?
I have the Senton, Noto, and Kraton 6s, and 4s Tallion and Typhon would round out my collection perfectly.

I have the Senton, Noto, and Kraton 6s, and 4s Tallion and Typhon would round out my collection perfectly.
I'm not sure but I would have to lean towards the Talion, it is the only vehicle they have now other than the Granite that only comes in one size.

Good question, thought of that myself but have not heard any rumours on any other models.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back