New 4s BLX Kraton & Outcast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This all sounds rather interesting!! Was going to buy the lwb blx 3s to join my granite 3s but might wait a while.....Hmmm

4s cheap Arrma fun would be great if they can make it reliable.

Horizon already makes a decent 4s truggy. All it needs is a stiffer front end. It’s the Force Rc Muckraker. I modded the front end for stiffer arrma arms and it transformed this truck into a great basher. It is 3dif and all metal drive train and pounds lighter then the Kraton.
So is this new Kraton/Outcast/Talion 3s or 4s? Like a lowere BRCC?

Horizon already makes a decent 4s truggy. All it needs is a stiffer front end. It’s the Force Rc Muckraker. I modded the front end for stiffer arrma arms and it transformed this truck into a great basher. It is 3dif and all metal drive train and pounds lighter then the Kraton.
So is this new Kraton/Outcast/Talion 3s or 4s? Like a lowere BRCC?
They are suppose to have 120A ESCs which will make them 2-4Ss. I have both Force RC 1/8 cars that I put Kraton upper arms on as well. I got tired of the arms flexing in on themselves on the MT & it makes for a 200% better ride. I'm also running blx185 systems in both since I just had them lying around unused.

From the gist of it, this Kraton & Outcast will be 1/10, 3s capable OoB, & 4s capable with drivetrain upgrades. Both cars will have 2.8 tires just like the Granite. They will have the longer Typhon arms & extended hubs which will make them have a wider stance than the Granite & BRCC while sharing the same platforms. They will both have wings & wing mounts capable of attaching a wheelie bar. So they will be overall larger than the Granite & BRCC.

Arrma has had those machined metal ring and pinions listed for ages, you don't think they will use them in the Kraton/Outcast BLX4s?
Arrma ran into problems with the 3s motor not being able to handle the huge metal diff upgrades so they pushed them back. Hopefully these cars come stock with them since upgrade costs would skyrocket, $200-250 if the prices hold true. That would put the total cost well over a 6s variant which is Traxxas-level nonsense.

They are suppose to have 120A ESCs which will make them 2-4Ss. I have both Force RC 1/8 cars that I put Kraton upper arms on as well. I got tired of the arms flexing in on themselves on the MT & it makes for a 200% better ride. I'm also running blx185 systems in both since I just had them lying around unused.
Sorry to highjack this but just for one post. So how did the drive train hold up with the blx 6s system in the force rc cars? The diffs look pretty robust with spiral cut gears..
How did you accommodate the Kraton upper arms? I made a new support and shortened them around 5/16”.
Thanks! Jim
85B09C40-53AD-4212-8871-9493CFFCFEE3.jpeg

Sorry to highjack this but just for one post. So how did the drive train hold up with the blx 6s system in the force rc cars? The diffs look pretty robust with spiral cut gears..
How did you accommodate the Kraton upper arms? I made a new support and shortened them around 5/16”.
Thanks! Jim
View attachment 27373
I made a 3-diff chassis brace for both trucks & bolted the stock arm mount to it. I used a solid piece of aluminum for the brace & spacers at the center diff instead of cutting out holes like I did for the Arrmas. I also had to shorten the Kraton arms but that was a few seconds with a dremel. The cars were made for 6s. The diffs are beefier than Arrma's & the dogbones are of similar quality. Despite how bad the MT tires are, I haven't touched the truggy tires besides the usual venting.

Was looking up the Muckraker and Big Rock Crew Cab on youtube, and came across this video. Now I am looking at one of these trucks and am glad I found this forum!

If this guy is right, both trucks will be 4s capable and the wheels are 3.8's w 17mm hexes :eek: Going to hold off on my next RC purchase and save my money for one of these...hope the price is right!

What's the advantage of the idler gear? Is it just to get the right gear ratio in a smaller space?

It will add gear reduction.
What's the advantage of the idler gear? Is it just to get the right gear ratio in a smaller space?

If you notice the part - it is not a true idler, as it has 2 different size gears on the same shaft, so it will be a reduction gear. motor pinion runs on the larger side, spur on the smaller is my guess.

I would love a 3s outcast is notorious. Gonna be upset if they come out shortly after I pull the trigger on a granite!
Why not hold off on the Granite purchase for a few more months till these new trucks launch?

I would hope the new one will run 4s and have some aluminum parts. The 6s Outcast runs just fine on 4s so for the extra money I think many would just go with the big one. Or maybe their target is guys/gals who just buy them all;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back