New 4s BLX Kraton & Outcast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
400$ is still 100 less than the 6s, but what I’m afraid of is of the option of the 6s having a price increase, making the 4s filling the gap
Mmmm you know what you might be correct.

Maybe they’ll make the 6s line more high end though? Like use sealed bearings, some more aluminum here and there, etc?

400$ is still 100 less than the 6s, but what I’m afraid of is of the option of the 6s having a price increase, making the 4s filling the gap

I think a price increase on the 6S line is inevitable. It just comes with the territory, you get bigger and demand a higher price....plus inflation. Difference is, as it being Arrma at least it will be justified. It will come with “upgrades” like the T2T brace for example....and whatever else the community deems necessary.

Arrma, we understand, but please keep it reasonable!

Yeah, this is what I think will happen. The Kraton is still at its release price point from 5 years ago, but has become a BETTER truck. I will be surprised if it does not get at least a small price bump. Also worth pointing out, for the 2018 release, the typhon/senton got bumped up $30 (I think).
Mmmm you know what you might be correct.
Maybe they’ll make the 6s line more high end though? Like use sealed bearings, some more aluminum here and there, etc?
The 6s cars already have more aluminum than most RTRs. Plus we know the 2019 changes, so no need for a wish list -
T2T
Servo saver overhaul
New 2-piece motor mount.
The T2T and motor mount easy could add $20-$30 to the price of the kit.
Then also a few "Horizon" changes-
STX2 radio
IC5 plugs
That STX2 radio is uber cheap, so save $10?

So up $30, down $10, add inflation, and I could see a price bump. Hopefully not to $600, but I could see $530 easy, more likely $550.
I am sure I missed a few things...

Yeah, this is what I think will happen. The Kraton is still at its release price point from 5 years ago, but has become a BETTER truck. I will be surprised if it does not get at least a small price bump. Also worth pointing out, for the 2018 release, the typhon/senton got bumped up $30 (I think).

The 6s cars already have more aluminum than most RTRs. Plus we know the 2019 changes, so no need for a wish list -
T2T
Servo saver overhaul
New 2-piece motor mount.
STX2 radio
IC5 plugs

So up $30, down $10, add inflation, and I could see a price bump. Hopefully not to $600, but I could see $530 easy, more likely $550.
Yup I’m aware with the aluminum stuff. Just was saying more. Like you said, a T2T brace (which is more aluminum). Just wanted to make it clear, if my other posts didn’t show it enough somehow, that I am not complaining about arrma trucks, they by far exceed any other manufacturer with what you get for how much you pay.

T2T
Servo saver overhaul
New 2-piece motor mount.
STX2 radio
IC5 plugs

I think $550 is a fair price for what you get ?

I'm not sure I understand the market for a 4s Kraton or Outcast. The 3s line is $300 or $320. The 6s line is $500. So this puts it most likely at $400. Is the person that can't afford a $500 truck going to jump up and down and throw $400 at a 1/10 scale truck with a plastic chassis? And you can get the 3s trucks to run in excess of 55 mph. What's the point of 4s in that scale? I really don't get it.
I'm hearing rumors that the 4S lineup will be built like the 6S trucks. Metal pillows and steel drivetrain. If they make a 1/10 scale Kraton like the 1/8 one only smaller, lighter and 4S I'll be pushing my way to the front of the line to buy one. $400 would be a good price. It isn't about affording it. The size/weight/power would be awesome. It is all conjecture at this point and no one really knows but This is what makes sense to me.

I'm hearing rumors that the 4S lineup will be built like the 6S trucks. Metal pillows and steel drivetrain. If they make a 1/10 scale Kraton like the 1/8 one only smaller, lighter and 4S I'll be pushing my way to the front of the line to buy one. $400 would be a good price. It isn't about affording it. The size/weight/power would be awesome. It is all conjecture at this point and no one really knows but This is what makes sense to me.
I've not heard that rumor. Everything I have seen and heard says the 4s trucks will be 3s trucks that are beefed up a bit...

I've not heard that rumor. Everything I have seen and heard says the 4s trucks will be 3s trucks that are beefed up a bit...
If that is true I could just beef mine up myself. Time will tell. No one knows so we will just have to wait and see.

I'm hearing rumors that the 4S lineup will be built like the 6S trucks. Metal pillows and steel drivetrain.
If you watch the YouTube videos by Purple Bench RC, he shows leaks of the plastic parts; Beefed-up steering blocks, pivot balls, driveshafts, etc. More like the 4S lineup will be built like the 3S trucks.

If you watch the YouTube videos by Purple Bench RC, he shows leaks of the plastic parts; Beefed-up steering blocks, pivot balls, driveshafts, etc. More like the 4S lineup will be built like the 3S trucks.
u are right...

Am I the only one that was assuming the 4S kits would be replacing the 3S kits? If they just beef up the plastic parts, I don't see them having a 3S and a 4S line, that just seems dumb, not enough differentiation.

This would also open up a possibility for a cheaper 2S only line (hopefully replacing the MEGA line) in the low $200 price range.

I thought about what would become of the 3s line if a 4s line comes out. How would you price them. If 3s line is $300. and lets say 4s line would be $400. with upgrades like more metal parts and driveline, I think more people would go for the 4s.

Then for another $100. you will have the option of the 6s line. I'm sure Arrma has done their homework on this and we will just have to wait and see, hopefully soon.

Am I the only one that was assuming the 4S kits would be replacing the 3S kits? If they just beef up the plastic parts, I don't see them having a 3S and a 4S line, that just seems dumb, not enough differentiation.
I don't see it as a separate “line”, just some models that are above the current 3s line (like Kraton & Outcast), i don't think they’ll do a 4s version of the senton and granite for example.

With the old 2wd models, Arrma used to have Mega (brushed), BLS (brushless, mild), and BLX (brushless, wild). Seems like this is where they are headed with the 4x4 platform. Mega (low cost brushed) 3s (brushless budget) and 4s (brushless, with Factory Upgrades).

They should just sell an upgrade kit for the 3s trucks. Metal spur, diffs, driveshafts, etc. I'd pay $100 for that instead of buying a new 4s truck.

They should just sell an upgrade kit for the 3s trucks. Metal spur, diffs, driveshafts, etc. I'd pay $100 for that instead of buying a new 4s truck.
I doubt that they will make a kit, they never did it in the past.

My plan was to get the Kraton and Granite 4 blx. But with the new 4s line there's no telling what I'll end up with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back