New 4s BLX Kraton & Outcast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Duke

Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
I found this rather interesting while on the Horizon Hobby website this morning

IMG_8687.PNG

https://www.horizonhobby.com/wing-mount-rear:-4x4-typhon-kraton-outcast-p-arac9602

Typo, or a glimpse of what's yet to be released?

Not if it's based off of the lighter 3s BLX chassis/platform. Widen the track front and rear, throw on an updated body along with a new wheel/tire package...and poof, new models, just like they've done with the newest 3s Typhon.

Brings me back to when @Jerry-rigged made the thread last summer when a "glitch" produced search results of parts we've yet to see released.

IMG_8693.jpg

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/new-model-alert-kraton-outcast-blx4s.7076/

Check out the description for the newly offered replacement ESC fan ...
IMG_8698.PNG

What's a BLX100 120?
Here's my theory ....
Last summer that "glitch" was an unintentional peek at what Arrmas got up their sleeve for the next two 1/10th scale models... only they will offer a new ESC called the BLX120 (4s version) with beefier driveline components and assembled on the SWB and LWB 3s BLX chassis.

To test this theory I decided to go to the Horizon site and type in "Blx120"
Here's what automatically propagated as "suggested " ;)

IMG_8700.PNG

Last edited:
They are going to have to beef up the output drives as well. They are made out of some fairly pathetic pot metal. Before I hardened mine, I snapped one on the Granite Mega that I converted to 3s brushless - but that crash took the lower arm, CVD, & axle with it, the wheel popped off during a landing (axle broke) causing the car to bounce up & slam into a tree. However, you still don't expect that part to break.

They are going to have to beef up the output drives as well. They are made out of some fairly pathetic pot metal. Before I hardened mine, I snapped one on the Granite Mega that I converted to 3s brushless - but that crash took the lower arm, CVD, & axle with it, the wheel popped off during a landing (axle broke) causing the car to bounce up & slam into a tree. However, you still don't expect that part to break.

The 4s Kraton / Outcast parts that were accidentally posted last summer appear to be beefier and longer to accommodate 4s and a wider track

IMG_8709.jpg

Here's a pic of the current cvd slider that comes in the 3s BRCC
IMG_8697.PNG

And here's a blown up pic of the one from the spy shot.
IMG_8696.PNG

The 4s Kraton / Outcast parts that were accidentally posted last summer appear to be beefier and longer to accommodate 4s and a wider track

View attachment 27205

Here's a pic of the current cvd slider that comes in the 3s BRCC
View attachment 27203

And here's a blown up pic of the one from the spy shot.
View attachment 27204
I'm talking about the actual metal outdrive sticking out the diff. The part that the part you circled will screw into. I had to harden them & the hub axles to have a little peace of mind. The CVD sliders are a whole other issue. I been waiting on them for ages. HR will release some soon but their prices are too ridiculous for words.

BTW, the part you circled looks like they will be held in place by grub screws as well as the inner screw. The current metal diff outdrive gear has a strange flat circular indentation on the side of the shaft, possibly for that grub screw. Arrma seems to have all of this planned out. Hopefully, they can produce some results with these 4s cars.

Last edited:
Looks like it will share the bumper set with the 3s Typhon as well
IMG_8711.PNG

Do you think they’ll use the current short/long chasiss for these 4s cars? I’m thinking it is possible the 4s outcast will use the current LWB chassis and the Kraton will use a new even longer version of the cassis.. idk

Do you think they’ll use the current short/long chasiss for these 4s cars? I’m thinking it is possible the 4s outcast will use the current LWB chassis and the Kraton will use a new even longer version of the cassis.. idk
The Kraton will use the current LWB & the Outcast will use the SWB. They both will be 1/10 scale. They will have the Typhon arms with new beefier extended hubs. I have seen 2 versions of the Outcast's 2.8 wheels. One had 17mm hexes & the other 14mm hexes. I don't know which one Arrma will go with but both had similar offsets, somewhere between 1/2" & zero.

Mmm, so a wider more powerful versions of the granite & crew cab. It makes sense, I just felt it needs to be more different than these two. And btw, still no sway bar?

How do you know all that? Do you have access to unreleased stuff?

Anyway, I’m a fan of the new platform. Happy to see it expands, and more than happy to have access to more robust parts for the 3s versions.

Mmm, so a wider more powerful versions of the granite & crew cab. It makes sense, I just felt it needs to be more different than these two. And btw, still no sway bar?

How do you know all that? Do you have access to unreleased stuff?

Anyway, I’m a fan of the new platform. Happy to see it expands, and more than happy to have access to more robust parts for the 3s versions.
I simply live close enough to champaign that the hobby reps sneak in my LHS with all kinds of stuff. That's how I ended up with a Typhon 3s 2 weeks before release. I also know that there was suppose to be a blue body for the Granite BLX & an orange body for the Senton BLX as well as a black BRCC body but all of that fell on the ground floor. But samples of each do exist. I just wasn't quick enough to get my hands on any of them. So I stay planted at my LHS when I heard about the Typhon & scored. I'll keep at it so I don't miss out anymore.

I simply live close enough to champaign that the hobby reps sneak in my LHS with all kinds of stuff. That's how I ended up with a Typhon 3s 2 weeks before release. I also know that there was suppose to be a blue body for the Granite BLX & an orange body for the Senton BLX as well as a black BRCC body but all of that fell on the ground floor. But samples of each do exist. I just wasn't quick enough to get my hands on any of them. So I stay planted at my LHS when I heard about the Typhon & scored. I'll keep at it so I don't miss out anymore.
A blue Granite would have been cool and it would be nice if Arrma offered more body colors in the future. With that said, I wonder what the pricing of these new 4s vehicles will be as I can't see them going over $399 max. Anything higher and you might as well go for the 6s models. I'm excited though!

Another thing about some of the not-so-exciting parts were longer composite front & rear driveshafts. So like every other model in this lineup, the stock cars may come with plastic drivetrain parts that can be upgraded. I understand where Arrma is coming with that but it gives them all the reason to sack the upgrades like they have been doing for months & just release the cars to keep prices low. That leaves HR to crank out parts like the CVDs which I've had no luck with from them for any other car. However, if Arrma keeps these cars in line, they should be in that $329 range.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back