Granite New 3S BLX v3 Slipper Clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nollie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Wondering if anyone knew whether the slipper clutch set for the new 3S BLX Granite V3 would fit the old V2 trucks. I assume it would, but thought I'd double check before ordering. Thanks. And FYI, it's part number ARA311034.

In my experience upgrading a brushed granite to BLX V3 slipper assembly I’ve found you need to upgrade to the BLX motor mount and need Ara310881
Ah, I should have clarified that I've got the 3S BLX Granite version 2. Looks like the new V3 slipper assembly should fit right in since it appears the major change was the slipper pad material and not to anything else that might affect the fitment, but wasn't positive. Thanks!

It fits but you need also the shorter input gear, else you cannot use the nut

I wouldn't cut your existing input gear - I'd buy a new shorter one and put the longer one in your spare parts bin for use when you need to replace the front one. I can't see the shorter input gear working well when meshed with the plastic driveshaft - more engagement is better.

I can't see the shorter input gear working well when meshed with the plastic driveshaft

It goes into the metal input of the slipper and not the plastic driveshaft.

I wouldn't cut your existing input gear - I'd buy a new shorter one

As long as it is not available, cut one :happy:

That's true, but there we must not shorten the input gear.

That's true, but there we must not shorten the input gear.

They are using the same shorter input gear up front in the V3. The long input gear has been discontinued, so I plan to keep the ones I have as spares for the front.

Ah okay now I see, thanks for the update. Was still relying on my V1.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back