New 3s body in the works

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rambler

Reaction score
Just got this rj speed body fit to the big rock. Thinking about paint scheme/masking now.

67CDE058-3037-4B91-8B97-2224FCCD0FD8.jpeg

Can wait to see it done. I need a new body now and I've been thinking of customizing one. Do the clear shells need and paint prep?
Clear shells only need to be cleaned very well .I use prepsol.but I have just used plain water and dish soap at times to remove any oil residue from manufacturing if any or from the oils of your hands..allways use gloves when handling it after it's washed ..🤟😁👍
Clear shells only need to be cleaned very well .I use prepsol.but I have just used plain water and dish soap at times to remove any oil residue from manufacturing if any or from the oils of your hands..allways use gloves when handling it after it's washed ..🤟😁👍
Let me edit this ..if you plan on just painting the inside of the cover then a simple wash is all you need .a soft sponge will do .no scrubby s.but if you plan on doing a out side coat then you would need to prep it differently.i would recommend a plastic prep soap..its a mild abrasive scuff soap .removes the shiny laminate on the out side..so paint can adhere.

Let me edit this ..if you plan on just painting the inside of the cover then a simple wash is all you need .a soft sponge will do .no scrubby s.but if you plan on doing a out side coat then you would need to prep it differently.i would recommend a plastic prep soap..its a mild abrasive scuff soap .removes the shiny laminate on the out side..so paint can adhere.
For those who don't know .if you like flat mate paint jobs then out side cover is best to apply this type of paint.and a light coat inside .it's called double dip.this is where you can get really creative with pearls by under laying them inside .

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back