Big Rock New 3S Versions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging from the videos, the new power module dirt guards provide some shielding, but they look far from sealed. It's not going to stop dirt and sand. Hopefully the Firma motors/bearings don't get jammed up like the previous ones.
power module dirt guards2.jpg

Judging from the videos, the new power module dirt guards provide some shielding, but they look far from sealed. It's not going to stop dirt and sand. Hopefully the Firma motors/bearings don't get jammed up like the previous ones.
View attachment 92082
I agree, I doubt it's going to stop the dirt from getting in there.
Just watched the Arrma vid on this, fan on esc and motor but still has them pesky shocks, that's disappointing and why I will never buy another 3s.
There is nothing wrong with the design of the shocks, it's always just been the crappy rubber orings that made them leak. I've been using blue Traxxas silicone o'rings in my 3s shocks for a while now, and they have never leaked.

Last edited:
They should come with aluminium shock bodies anyway but I'm glad they can come as an option. I really hope the new silicone o-rings sort the shock leaks, as they've stuck with the same push cap for the cartridge instead of a threaded twist on one

I look forward to testing out one of these new 3s' ?
Do you have a link for the aluminum shock bodies?

Bearings alone is worth the extra 20 bucks, I’m not sure I could justify the $369.99 retail price though. And those body designs are terrible, the granite says blast on the side of it? Seriously missed the mark on the bodies.

Bearings alone is worth the extra 20 bucks, I’m not sure I could justify the $369.99 retail price though. And those body designs are terrible, the granite says blast on the side of it? Seriously missed the mark on the bodies.
On Tower's site, the 3S line are $319.99 each, which is what the price of the V1 BRCC was originally.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the megas versions look better than the blx versions on both granite and senton bodies?

My ratings first to last in looks:
View attachment 92062

View attachment 92063

With the new updates if I ever buy another new 1/10 arrma I'll probably buy the Mega version and convert it to brushless because it's way easier to go about it now.
Yep, that blue Granite is my favorite. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't the BLX version but I guess I can convert it though....

Yeah the new bodies look like toys but they retIl for 319$ so 19$ more

Agree, don't like the new granite bodies. Might look better in person. The old orange granite body is still the best IMO. I do like the Senton bodies though.
Would of been nice if the Typhon got a new colour scheme.

curious if the new rear body mount will take some of the abuse to the rear gearbox/shock towers?
It says: " Long body mount posts allow the body to be mounted higher up for a more menacing look "

I broke my shock tower couple of days ago.
And the new one already looks bad again, but almost no damage to the current body mounts.

I agree, I doubt it's going to stop the dirt from getting in there.

There is nothing wrong with the design of the shocks, it's always just been the crappy rubber orings that made them leak. I've been using blue Traxxas silicone o'rings in my 3s shocks for a while now, and they have never leaked.
Do they also work on the 4S shocks? If yes could you provide a part number please?! Thx in advance

curious if the new rear body mount will take some of the abuse to the rear gearbox/shock towers?
It says: " Long body mount posts allow the body to be mounted higher up for a more menacing look "

And the new one already looks bad again, but almost no damage to the current body mounts.
Raising the body and body mounts will protect your shock towers more. But body mounts will probably break more easily than a shock tower. You can put some foam tape or other padding on your shock towers or on the body above the shock towers. Despite all the rolls and roof landings, my shock towers look like new. Of course not landing on the roof helps. :)
https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Neo...ords=neoprene+foam+tape&qid=1596188441&sr=8-5

Last edited:
90% of servos on the market use 25t. So if you replace the servo, you're going to need another servo horn.
Forgive me, I’m new. Don’t servos typically come with a handful of different servo horns?

It depends on the specs of the new servos. They have addressed the poopy radio and servo options so as long as the new stock ones are decent you won’t have to instantly change them.

You can break the towers in multiple ways. I broke mine once by having my shocks too stiff and landing on the rear two tires from a very high jump. I was trying to avoid chassis slap in those days, thinking it was a bad thing. Found out you want it to slap.

Forgive me, I’m new. Don’t servos typically come with a handful of different servo horns?

It depends on the specs of the new servos. They have addressed the poopy radio and servo options so as long as the new stock ones are decent you won’t have to instantly change them.
That does not do you any good as the servo saver is now 23t, so in order to run a 25t servo you have to change out the servo saver.

Probably my ignorance given I don’t actually have my Arrma yet. (This backlog is killing me! Come on HH get me my Notorious already!)

The trucks that I do have use a turnbuckle between the servo horn and the servo saver/steering rack. I’ll go look up the exploded view to see what I’m missing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back