Big Rock New 3S Versions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably my ignorance given I don’t actually have my Arrma yet. (This backlog is killing me! Come on HH get me my Notorious already!)

The trucks that I do have use a turnbuckle between the servo horn and the servo saver/steering rack. I’ll go look up the exploded view to see what I’m missing.
The 3s and 4s models have a servo mounted servo saver, instead of the servo saver being built into the bellcrank.
The servo saver is the red thing in this picture.
s-l640 (4).jpg

However you can buy a Kimbrough servo saver and modify it like so to fit, it does come with a 23t servo adapter iirc.
oyKfVac (1).jpg

Do they also work on the 4S shocks? If yes could you provide a part number please?! Thx in advance
I'm not sure about the 4s shocks but I'd say they would use a different oring since they are a bigger shock. But the oring I use in my 3s shocks is from the Traxxas shock rebuild kit TRA2362.

Last edited:
Any place anyone is pre-ordering besides horizonhobby? Looking for a tax free site in Cali...hehe..

Agree, don't like the new granite bodies. Might look better in person. The old orange granite body is still the best IMO. I do like the Senton bodies though.
Would of been nice if the Typhon got a new colour scheme.
I think the pictures and video looks over exposed. Look at the contrast between white and grey. Almost none, so in person that might be better. When I think of a granite blx my mind pictures the orange one. Really looked good on the truck.

Any place anyone is pre-ordering besides horizonhobby? Looking for a tax free site in Cali...hehe..

Hobbyzone.com I haven't ordered from them in a couple of years but they didn't charge Ca state tax back then.

First V3 Unboxing I've seen so far from JayTee.
Yay, he's going to drive it in straight line on flat grass or concrete, turn around slowly, then drive it in a straight line back. Like he does with just about all (50?) of his RC's. I think it's ridiculous that he's getting new models in advance.
Judging from the videos, the new power module dirt guards provide some shielding, but they look far from sealed. It's not going to stop dirt and sand. Hopefully the Firma motors/bearings don't get jammed up like the previous ones.
Hmm, actually in his video, it looks better. Unfortunately he doesn't really cover it.

Last edited:
Yay, he's going to drive it in straight line on flat grass or concrete, turn around slowly, then drive it in a straight line back. Like he does with just about all (50?) of his RC's. I think it's ridiculous that he's getting new models in advance.

Hmm, actually in his video, it looks better. Unfortunately he doesn't really cover it.
Still we get a closer look at it as a whole. The bumpers look a lot better than I thought and the wheelie bar being wider is interesting. I still hate how the body looks lol, not just the paint scheme but the fenders too, I like the old fender design, it was more aggressive imo.

I like the old fender design, it was more aggressive imo.
I agree the old fender flares looked better, but they didn't provide any resistance to impact, especially roof landings. Since they're kind of horizontal, they just folded and you get those cracks over the wheels that I've seen in lots of Granite videos and my own. I'm pretty sure the new body design is intentionally more vertical to make the body stronger.

I agree the old fender flares looked better, but they didn't provide any resistance to impact, especially roof landings. Since they're kind of horizontal, they just folded and you get those cracks over the wheels that I've seen in lots of Granite videos and my own. I'm pretty sure the new body design is intentionally more vertical to make the body stronger.
I guess changing the fenders is cheaper than making the lexan more #thicc ?

I see in the marketing that they have diffs "like the 4s"... i thought that the 4s have the exact diffs as the 3s that came before it? no?
They used lighter diff fluids than the 3S but otherwise the same afaik.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back