Big Rock New 3S Versions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So they market it as a change in the v3 version but it's actually did not change? I don't remember they usually do things like this.
For the Mega versions, I think this is a change. But yeah, somehow it's being promoted as a change to the BLX line as well.

Last edited:
I know. I have the Senton blx on preorder and the Tenacity DB Pro on order waiting for which one ships first. Not sure if Horizon is just that slow to process my order from last week but I just got a confirmation of my order and that I will receive another when it ships. Is it possible that it would take Horizon 6 days to process and email me that they received the order?

I know. I have the Senton blx on preorder and the Tenacity DB Pro on order waiting for which one ships first. Not sure if Horizon is just that slow to process my order from last week but I just got a confirmation of my order and that I will receive another when it ships. Is it possible that it would take Horizon 6 days to process and email me that they received the order?
I’ve not received a response about an update to my order. Just a receipt that they took my money. Cool ?

So they market it as a change in the v3 version but it's actually did not change? I don't remember they usually do things like this.
The diffs on the 3s cars have always been the same as the 4s cars.

There seems to be a lot of confusion on forums and Facebook groups where a lot of people think the new 3s models have updated diffs, to the same diffs as the 4s models. Which is not the case. Even JayTee on his granite 3s v3 unboxing video mentioned how the diffs are now updated to the same as the 4S diffs on the new v3 3s models.

I think the confusion is coming from the arrma website because when you got to the gigasite on the 3s vehicles, it's shows a slide of the diffs saying "New for V3, tougher brushless ready transmission, same as 4s diffs". We're that slide should only be on the mega models, as only their diffs have been upgrade to the 3s/4s diffs as stock.

Attachments

• sketch-1596753962050.png
    sketch-1596753962050.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Yah, there's a few things wrong that even the HH guy says, including the "new" 4S diffs.

Admittedly it's hard to keep track of every little detail, but still...

Yah, there's a few things wrong that even the HH guy says, including the "new" 4S diffs.

Admittedly it's hard to keep track of every little detail, but still...
Yes, I did notice that as well. I thought a video from HH would be a bit more informed about all the changes. They even call it the new V2 model at the start of the video. ?‍♂️

Last edited:
Yes, I did notice that as well. I thought a video from HH would be a bit more informed about all the changes. They even call it the new V2 model at the start of the video. ?‍♂️
Technically the BRCC is a V2.

Yah, there's a few things wrong that even the HH guy says, including the "new" 4S diffs

Ok so JT states that the new 3s diffs spacing were adjusted to match the old 4s diffs. I need educated here, I thought the 3s and 4s line had the same set ups, other than diff fluid weights from factory?

*edit, nm reading more above. Maybe they are upgrading the next version of 4s cars with the upgraded diffs as well. They are just putting the info out too early since the next versions of the 4s cars hasn’t dropped yet?

Last edited:
Ok so JT states that the new 3s diffs spacing were adjusted to match the old 4s diffs. I need educated here, I thought the 3s and 4s line had the same set ups, other than diff fluid weights from factory?

*edit, nm reading more above. Maybe they are upgrading the next version of 4s cars with the upgraded diffs as well. They are just putting the info out too early since the next versions of the 4s cars hasn’t dropped yet?
Yes are exactly the same in the 3S and 4S, except lighter diff fluid in the 4S trucks. If you compared the exploded views from the V2 and v3 in the 3S trucks the diff parts are exactly the same, the only different is a different input gear.
I don't think they will be updating the 4S diffs either, especially since they are advertising on their website and on the side of the V3 boxes that the diffs are the same as the 4S trucks.

Maybe they are upgrading the next version of 4s cars with the upgraded diffs as well. They are just putting the info out too early since the next versions of the 4s cars hasn’t dropped yet?
Nope, check the Arrma RC website, you can see all the parts for the new 3s line. This is the differential on a new V3 Granite. Look at the other vehicles it comes with. All the previous 3s and 4s vehicles. Nothing new about the differentials.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA310956

Alright not trying to be an idiot but I don’t get it. The new diffs in Your link goes to A new part entirely. The parts break down of the “current” 4s diff is also below and still matches up with the old diff part #. What I’m saying is that the new diff in your link will be what’s in the 4s line up to come down the road as well once the o4s and K4s are updated. They are most likely not manufacturing these currently and just dropped the info early as they are for sure not the same diffs in comparison with the new 3s vs original and current 4s models.

If you follow this link it’s the parts break down for the new granite blx. It still shows the “old” diff in the standard parts list with the new one as well. The old one was in the old cars and 4s currently.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/products/-/30/1/ARA4302V3T1/STD/ALL/ALL

65B84A5B-5283-42BF-B238-64785586122C.png

72E99CCA-1247-4C6D-8681-6574D50FA22E.png

Also why put that on the box now? Technically before the new versions the diffs were still the same?

I think they’d rather advertise it now on the 3s boxes and line up so when the new 4s drops with the same diffs the info is already out there rather then go back and add it later.

Just my thoughts. I am starting to go nuts though. :oops:

Last edited:
If you follow this link it’s the parts break down for the new granite blx. It still shows the “old” diff in the standard parts list with the new one as well.
I followed the links. One is just the case, the other is the fully assembled diff. Both the same as before.

Last edited:
Alright not trying to be an idiot but I don’t get it. The new diffs in Your link goes to A new part entirely. The parts break down of the “current” 4s diff is also below and still matches up with the old diff part #. What I’m saying is that the new diff in your link will be what’s in the 4s line up to come down the road as well once the o4s and K4s are updated. They are most likely not manufacturing these currently and just dropped the info early as they are for sure not the same diffs in comparison with the new 3s vs original and current 4s models.

If you follow this link it’s the parts break down for the new granite blx. It still shows the “old” diff in the standard parts list with the new one as well. The old one was in the old cars and 4s currently.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/products/-/30/1/ARA4302V3T1/STD/ALL/ALL

View attachment 93351
View attachment 93352
Also why put that on the box now? Technically before the new versions the diffs were still the same?

I think they’d rather advertise it now on the 3s boxes and line up so when the new 4s drops with the same diffs the info is already out there rather then go back and add it later.

Just my thoughts. I am starting to go nuts though. :oops:
ARA31056 is the complete assembled diff found on all 3s and 4s models, including the new v3, and AR310872 is just the diff main gear, also found on all 3s and 4s cars, including the v3.

The diff have been exactly the same on all blx from V1 to v3, the confusion I think is that only the mega models now come with the blx diff, found on all 3s and 4s cars.

I doubt they will update the diffs on the 4s models. If they did change to a new diff, they will have to change the box details on the current v3 cars, as they wont be able to say they have the same diffs as the 4s cars anymore.

You know what. I’m a dumb dumb. I just had to scroll a little further down on the 4s parts list to see the fully built diff. It is advertised as 1.35 mod. Whoops.

Everyone can blame the marketing department.

IT'S THE SAME DIFF USED IN THE 4S MODELS

sounds a lot better than

THE MEGA VERSION CRAPPY DIFFS HAVE BEEN REPLACED BY THE BETTER DIFFS WE BEEN USING IN THE 3S AND 4S BLX TRUCKS ALL THIS TIME HOW BOUT DAT

The way I read and understood it from the first minute was that the Mega diffs are now the same as the 3s line , hence meaning buy a Mega version now if you have some brushless electronics laying around and install and not worry about blowing them up ( like I did when I bought a Mega Senton 4x4 , installed Traxxas Velenion 3500 in it , and stripped the spur , and blew a rear plastic input gear ) .

ARA31056 is the complete assembled diff found on all 3s and 4s models, including the new v3, and AR310872 is just the diff main gear, also found on all 3s and 4s cars, including the v3.

The diff have been exactly the same on all blx from V1 to v3, the confusion I think is that only the mega models now come with the blx diff, found on all 3s and 4s cars.

I doubt they will update the diffs on the 4s models. If they did change to a new diff, they will have to change the box details on the current v3 cars, as they wont be able to say they have the same diffs as the 4s cars anymore.
They might be the same parts, but that’s because they might not come with diff fluid. The actual RTRs have different fluids. The 3S has 10k and the 4S has 6k.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back