Kraton New 4S models?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made in the U.S.A. Great 👍
I remember when the old Tekin Electrics company, before it's bankruptcy, was making stuff here in Cali. Back in the '90's. :LOL: Well sought after globally back then.
Much of their ESC's ( only sold ESC's) was trickle down USA Starwars program, cold war technology.
Today, the Tekin company re emerged by an old employee who bought the rights to the Tekin name.
Now much all of it outsourced.
that’s interesting I don’t hear much about Tekin but always curious.

That’s what I’ve read , HobbyHobby has them in Ontario. I’ve only had Castle and Hobbywing. Just street ripping on a 2wd and Hobbywing in a V3 Kraton. Never heard any history on the company though.Its interesting to read RC racer columns because they ignore bashing and allow you to learn about other platforms. Cheers.

No I'm serious, check the box of any of those cheap crappy rc cars and it will say made in China, now check a Tamiya, Kyosho, Team XRay or Mugen box. Tamiya is made in Japan or the Philippines, Kyosho is made in Japan, Xray is made in Slovakia and Mugen is also made in Japan. Brands like HPI and Traxxas are made in Taiwan. And guess what country Arrma cars are made in, and people wonder why the "7075" EXB chassis is so easy to bend.
I use a lot of 7075 t6 and exb chassis is not what is said on the box I have bars braces etc from t6 few different grades and they doesn't bend it is more like spring steel if you bend to much it will snap not bend
Very strong but very brittle I the same time

China uses a very cheap grade alloy to begin with. Low grade recycled monkey alloy.:LOL: There are many grades of alloy be it 6061 or 7075 abroad. And Stamped versus CNC billet etc. Different forging. You pay for what you get.

Hardly anything rc related is made in the US anymore, Kimbrough spurs and Proline tires is all I can think of from the big name guys. Maybe RPM?.
Castle esc. The motor is built in China, though.

1633605680124607054443037471833.jpg

CC only assembles their ESC's here in the states. Parts are outsourced. Obviously.
CC outsources all their motors in China. Doesn't make them bad. We know CC has awesome motors.
CC has a decent motor builder whomever it is. China Mfrs. can make decent stuff also. And I don't think it's HW as the OE.

What’s crazy is that my cousin is in the dietary supplements business (vitamins and pills basically). All the pills come from China and he just puts them together and packages it and is allowed to put “made in the USA” on it even though they were basically made in China.

The most hilarious part is he gets a lot of business from China because people there want his pills because they think they were made in the U.S. 🤣

China uses a very cheap grade alloy to begin with. Low grade recycled monkey alloy.:LOL: There are many grades of alloy be it 6061 or 7075 abroad. And Stamped versus CNC billet etc. Different forging. You pay for what you get.
I agree with that metal you definitely get what you pay for no matter what industry.

Built it from zero,
Outcast EXB chassis
Talion EXB shock towers
Mojave EXB arms and driveshafts
Kraton hubs
Kraton front shocks on rear and Mojave front shock on front
Kraton 4S body
Backflip LP
Spektrum 150 ESC
Spektrum 2050 kv motor
View attachment 171973
I love the build...looks amazing and original...but the only thing 4S about this truck is the body and the wing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back