New 6s Talion EXB part numbers are wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frostywite

Reaction score
So I just got a Talion EXB and drove it into a garbage can. The front steering block broke. Looked at the parts diagram that came with the car and it shows AR330187 steering block. Called the local HS and picked up a set and found the snout is short on the hub. Looked at the online parts catalog and everything I’ve found shows that the Talion should take the 330187 number. Looked at OutKast and kraton EXB and it shows the correct block #AR330505. I picked up the 505 block and it is the right block and replaced my broken part. So now that I cannot trust the parts catalog, what vehicle shares “the most” same parts as the Talion?

40C13010-32AA-4C4A-B195-C470E857E909.jpeg

640106E5-B631-4BDC-978C-A5252E7C95CB.jpeg

Uhh, the short "snout" is the correct part. The Talion uses the Typhon hubs (short snout) and Kraton/Outcast hexes (extended backspacing, hex isnt flush against the hub), and a Talion specific stub axle that is a medium length between Typhon and Kraton.

For reference:
1641682777856.png

Having many 6s rigs here, all except the Talion, and according to the Arrma crossreference sheet These 187- short/narrrow St Hubs are found on the Infr/Lim/Fel, Typhon and Mojave and 6s Senton
Seems the wider St Hubs are found with the long control arm rigs. You found a mistake. However Arrma does revise their stuff over time without any notice or Documentation at times. Maybe the Talion was revised over time, and the manual wasn't revised along in regards. A possibility. I just checked the online EXB Talion blow up diagram and it too states the wrong -187 part. It could just be a fluke and your Talion was setup at the factory with a slightly wider (track width) with the -505 hubs. And the axles and hexes are also longer to match these. This was not by accident in my opinion. Just the documentaion probably is?:unsure: The -505 hubs do make the Talion's track wider now? It was never this way before. I even checked the older legacy Talion. All used -187's.
Maybe the offset of the stocker wheels were changed over time to compensate for this wider track? IDK.

I just noticed that the legacy track width of F-R is 420mm/418mm whereas the Newest EXB Talion is 418mm/415mm. FWIW. A track width change occurred over time. Again this could be due to a wheel offset change?
My spin.
Uhh, the short "snout" is the correct part. The Talion uses the Typhon hubs (short snout) and Kraton/Outcast hexes (extended backspacing, hex isnt flush against the hub), and a Talion specific stub axle that is a medium length between Typhon and Kraton.

For reference:
View attachment 191352
Then the documentation is incorrect.....????:unsure:
One possibility is that the Incorrect PART was bagged or marked with the wrong Part #??:unsure:
@ABabyEater, you are saying there are 3 types/widths of hubs.
The medium size one being exclusive to the Talion???
Docs don't show this??

Last edited:
Having many 6s rigs here, all except the Talion, and according to the Arrma crossreference sheet These 187- short/narrrow St Hubs are found on the Infr/Lim/Fel, Typhon and Mojave and 6s Senton
Seems the wider St Hubs are found with the long control arm rigs. You found a mistake. However Arrma does revise their stuff over time without any notice or Documentation at times. Maybe the Talion was revised over time, and the manual wasn't revised along in regards. A possibility. I just checked the online EXB Talion blow up diagram and it too states the wrong -187 part. It could just be a fluke and your Talion was setup at the factory with a slightly wider (track width) with the -505 hubs. And the axles and hexes are also longer to match these. This was not by accident in my opinion. Just the documentaion probably is?:unsure: The -505 hubs do make the Talion's track wider now? It was never this way before. I even checked the older legacy Talion. All used -187's.
Maybe the offset of the stocker wheels were changed over time to compensate for this wider track? IDK.

I just noticed that the legacy track width of F-R is 420mm/418mm whereas the Newest EXB Talion is 418mm/415mm. FWIW. A track width change occurred over time. Again this could be due to a wheel offset change?
My spin.

Then the documentation is incorrect.....????:unsure:
One possibility is that the Incorrect PART was bagged or marked with the wrong Part #??:unsure:

Documentation seems correct, as all sources cross-reference the short hub as the correct part, including other production models. My guess is either OP picked up a used and thusly modified Talion EXB, or one made it off the production floor with the Kraton Hubs/Stubs, either unintentionally, or intentionally with an undocumented revision change, similar to the earlier Kraton EXB not including Pinion or Servo Horn, bu the later production ones including them.

Even Jenny's lists the short hubs as the correct part, which is all new take off stock.
@ABabyEater, you are saying there are 3 types/widths of hubs.
The medium size one being exclusive to the Talion???
Docs don't show this??

No, there are 2 sizes of hubs (as pictured in OP), 2 sizes of hexes (one with and one without the spacer ring behind the hex), and 3 sizes of stub axles (1 with both long, 1 with both short, and 1 with long hub+short hex).

This IS supported in the documentation:

Long Hub: AR330505
Short Hub: AR330187

Long Hex: AR310484
Short Hex: AR311035

Long Stub Axle: AR310590
Medium Stub Axle: AR310487
Short Stub Axle: AR310451

(To clarify, I only posted links for the front stub axles, the rear follow the same pattern, but are not CVDs)

Last edited:
^^^ Ty . You are the man. :)
You know your stuff. (y)
With the variety of trucks, it is easy to get so mixed up, so I've been over it a TON of times :ROFLMAO: Now I just need to get the arm/axle lengths down and I'll be set for part similarity/dissimilarity for the 6S line.

For reference:
View attachment 191352
Lol, holy crap. I’m an idiot and so is the person who put my car together. What are the odds of this? I have a long snout block on the RF and a short snout on the LF.

Edit: This was a brand new car ordered 01/02/22 from Arrma store on Amazon.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
WTF????????????????????
Hey, if you never broke that hub, you wouldn't ever known it.
Well, now you have to correct all. The rig was probably driving out of spec for sure. Who ever did this. :LOL: Whacked out there a bit.:cool:
@frostywite,
It is under 2 year warranty, Call HH and give them the parts list needed to correct the factory mistake. You need the correct axle, hex adapter, and Hub. Double check all four hubs while you are there.!!
The factory screwed up. And realistically plausable for HH to correct. I have seen factory screw ups many times. I just try to find them out the box in the beginning. Why I go over my rigs in detail. Sometimes I may take weeks to go over and rebuild everything before I bash it. Just need proof of purchase. From Amazon.
What I would do.:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks for your help SrC and ABaby. I just ordered the 487 hubs and I’ll change the blocks to the short snouts. Crazy the first part I break is a quality control issue. I was freaking out thinking this whole time I could not trust the parts book. I feel better now that I’m not crazy.
WTF????????????????????
Hey, if you never broke that hub, you wouldn't ever known it.
Well, now you have to correct all. The rig was probably driving out of spec for sure. Who ever did this. :LOL: Whacked out there a bit.:cool:
@frostywite,
It is under 2 year warranty, Call HH and give them the parts list needed to correct the factory mistake. You need the correct axle, hex adapter, and Hub. Double check all four hubs while you are there.!!
The factory screwed up. And realistically plausable for HH to correct. I have seen factory screw ups many times. I just try to find them out the box in the beginning. Why I go over my rigs in detail. Sometimes I may take weeks to go over and rebuild everything before I bash it. Just need proof of purchase. From Amazon.
What I would do.:cool:
Yeah, I looked this thing over. Pulled the front and rear diffs out and shimmed the ring and pinion. Checked all the screws, just was not looking that close at the hubs I guess. I already have a ticket with HH about the part number. I’ll follow up with them.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back