Typhon New 6S Typhon .... tips and tricks ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinKraton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Got my second ARRMA...

Any tips or tricks. Is the radio that bad?
Planning to swap it out.

Attachments

• B3C02ABD-ACFB-468E-AFC6-F919D9186C6C.jpeg
    B3C02ABD-ACFB-468E-AFC6-F919D9186C6C.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 103
  • C0782A9D-8C0D-4099-ACE4-5547B7CB0F25.jpeg
    C0782A9D-8C0D-4099-ACE4-5547B7CB0F25.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 53663F7B-4773-454E-BEC1-0AFF8028E7C6.jpeg
    53663F7B-4773-454E-BEC1-0AFF8028E7C6.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 66
Thanks man... I am pumped. Can't wait to get rid of that stupid antenna too...

Bent it up when forgot it was there putting the body on.
Not a great video...but some comparisons of the remotes and the buggy:

Changed the wheel nuts to red.

Last edited:
Congrats on your new rig :D
The typhon really is a blast. I'd recommend swapping the radio ASAP. Depending on your drivestyle, I'd upgrade stuff when it breaks. Also, I can really recommend to truggify it, it's even more fun then ;)

Got my second ARRMA...

Any tips or tricks. Is the radio that bad?
Planning to swap it out.
I would say from Cheap to Expensive:
  • DumboRC
  • Flysky FS-GT5 or Radiolink RC6GS
  • Futaba 3PV
  • Spektrum DX5C
  • DX5 rugged or Futaba 4PM or Flysky NB4
You can't go wrong with any of these, even the DumboRC at ~$30 is way better than the STX2. And of course, the more you pay the more premium materials and features you will get.

Congrats on your new rig :D
The typhon really is a blast. I'd recommend swapping the radio ASAP. Depending on your drivestyle, I'd upgrade stuff when it breaks. Also, I can really recommend to truggify it, it's even more fun then ;)
I agree to upgrade as needed, this buggy is a beast out of the box

Standard upgrades list always applies. Chassis braces and servo mount to metal is always a good first choice. The braces especially since the Typhon cannot benefit from a typical tower to tower brace. Planning on running hard in the dirt, then definitely consider a bearing swap. I also feel that as good as Arrma's are, the suspension mounts/hinge pin holders could use something better than plastic with that thin aluminum strip underneath. Other than that, most of the 6s trucks are good to go out of the box, minus the radio.

Personally if it's brand new out of the box I'd check it top to bottom to make sure all the screws are done up properly. Then I'd check the diff oil's to make sure they're nice and full.

If all's well then I'd go have fun with it in stock form for a while before deciding what it needs. ;)

Standard upgrades list always applies. Chassis braces and servo mount to metal is always a good first choice. The braces especially since the Typhon cannot benefit from a typical tower to tower brace. Planning on running hard in the dirt, then definitely consider a bearing swap. I also feel that as good as Arrma's are, the suspension mounts/hinge pin holders could use something better than plastic with that thin aluminum strip underneath. Other than that, most of the 6s trucks are good to go out of the box, minus the radio.
What he said!

The radio, it is no longer a secret for anyone that the STX2 is terrible and a $30 radio can easily replace that flaw.

Regarding the rest of the upgrades right out of the box, I think servo mount (and servo for steering power on big rigs), chassis braces and sealed bearings are a must right out of the box, why?, well the Stock servo mount flexes as hell which translates to losing a lot of steering, the chassis braces will give you a sturdier rig that will help avoiding chassis bends. And last but not least, sealed bearings, after 2 packs on grass with my kraton 6s right out of the box and the original bearings, they were so filled with dirt that 2 of them bearly spin and the rest were not far from being in the same condition.

Just bought my son a Typhon 6S. Is the Tactic TTX300 SLT not a good replacement anymore? I had read previously that the Tactic worked great for this buggy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SLO64D...B3&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it#customerReviews
Yes the Tactic is a fine radio. It is a simple, one car radio. If you want to be able to use it with multiple cars or have a lot of features, then it won’t work for that. But if all you want is a basic but quality radio, the Tactic is very good.

That said, $60 is overpriced. I wouldn’t pay that much. You can get a Dumborc for $25-$30. You should be able to find a Tactic in the $30-$40 range. You can get a Flysky GT5 for $70. The GT5 holds up to 20 cars.

I just got myself Sanwa MT-S with RX-482 radio. haven't gotten them to work yet. Built in anthena and many options. Gonna stop by the store I bought it from and ask foe guidance. Old radio has been removed already. New radio can be used for many cars. I set a new profile to it for my Typhon 6S and Big Rock Crew Cab 4x4. Next will get a Team Associated B6.2 for inside tracks and the radio is good for competitions too. Just get more rx for other cars. :) Stock radio is well.. stock.

I was between Futaba and Sanwa. Kinda thought to go with Sanwa - could be getting a competition car next so the radio would be ready. I reckon anything is better than the stock :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back