Typhon New 6S Typhon .... tips and tricks ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great! Honestly I think the 3S wheel/tire combo looks better than the 6s dinner plate wheels.

yeahI’ll let you all know. Vaz From Aussie RC playground did he asked ARRMA and they said yes.
But let’s see.
Personally if it's brand new out of the box I'd check it top to bottom to make sure all the screws are done up properly. Then I'd check the diff oil's to make sure they're nice and full.

If all's well then I'd go have fun with it in stock form for a while before deciding what it needs. ;)

thank you. Agreed. I will.

I would say from Cheap to Expensive:
  • DumboRC
  • Flysky FS-GT5 or Radiolink RC6GS
  • Futaba 3PV
  • Spektrum DX5C
  • DX5 rugged or Futaba 4PM or Flysky NB4
You can't go wrong with any of these, even the DumboRC at ~$30 is way better than the STX2. And of course, the more you pay the more premium materials and features you will get.

I'm not that happy with my DX5 Rugged now that I've had it a while. It's good for bashing but when I wanted to used for my indoor 1/18 racer It didn't work well for that. I'll probably upgrade to http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/car/propo/mt-44.html

First time out today....

Couple observation compared to my 6S Kraton:

- Feel faster...
- Set punch to 9
- Have a 35% additional punch on my programmable remote

Good:

Fast and handles good
Def requires more skill to go fast
feels like your are driving a razor's edge around...

Bad:

Flips over way more than my Kraton esp if I turn with no throttle
Not so great traction
Not as much of the basher fun factor as the Kraton.

NOTE: the 3S Typhon tires are way better IMO traction wise on loose loam and grass. Def. a good choice if they hold up.

E5A7CB0E-3415-45C8-828A-BCABC447A890.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice, I just picked up a 3s for a really good price I could not pass up to add to my collection!
Just ordered my new Pro-Line Racing 9021-18 Badlands XTR Firm All Terrain 1:8 Buggy Tires Mounted!!

Attachments

• Platlines 17 hex wheels.jpeg
    Platlines 17 hex wheels.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 48
Thanks all. I mounted some Typhon 3s tires on her.... what do you think?
I just upgraded from my stock pizza cutters that they give you with the 3s Typhon to the Duratrrax Lock-Ups Truggy tires. .

Attachments

• DTXC3616_a0.jpg
    DTXC3616_a0.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 43
I was thinking about those, cheaper than the Bad Lands, they're buggy tires. The Talion uses Truggy tires

Thanks all. I mounted some Typhon 3s tires on her.... what do you think?
Those wheels will blowout soon on 6s. I know first hand, I blew 2setd of stock tires on my v3 6s I run mx28 2.8s and hoons but that’s if I want ice skate on full throttle. Stx radio caused signal loss a house away and went full throttle into to curb parts flying

V3 6s with v4 body, mannn I love this rig
M2c chassis coming tomorrow sometime, then markhor shock towers sometime whenever idk but said order complete and carbon front top plate. Working on seeing if there’s a upgrade reciever box ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 51
V3 6s with v4 body, mannn I love this rig
M2c chassis coming tomorrow sometime, then markhor shock towers sometime whenever idk but said order complete and carbon front top plate. Working on seeing if there’s a upgrade reciever box ?

How would you compare the BLX185 to the MMX in there?

No comparison just dumb differences across the broad more functions but this typhon be humming down the street ? mmx way better, I have the b link program everything I did the basic program and it’s insane that throttle curve around 60 man typhon is ugly, I haven’t messed with all functions still reading up on them,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back