New 8s kind of slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
Just got a new Kraton 8s and thought it would be a bit faster, my question is what settings is everyone using in the speed control? Has anyone changed the punch or trimmin?

Lots of info here that will help you on your journey. Stock set up: go to a 23T-25T, punch 5, and have fun. Otherwise, there are a lot of options.

FWIW , when I got my K8S , I to thought it was a tad slow , but when I raced it against my Xmaxx (stock) , they were neck and neck ! Don't know why , but watching the Xmaxx go , you'd bet it was was faster . My K8s is stock , but I did put in the 23t pinion , and punch to 5 , now it is alot better , I'm totally happy with it ( although most want to go even faster and jump higher ) .
Put the 23t pin to start .

FWIW , when I got my K8S , I to thought it was a tad slow , but when I raced it against my Xmaxx (stock) , they were neck and neck ! Don't know why , but watching the Xmaxx go , you'd bet it was was faster . My K8s is stock , but I did put in the 23t pinion , and punch to 5 , now it is alot better , I'm totally happy with it ( although most want to go even faster and jump higher ) .
Put the 23t pin to start .
So if I put a 23t pinion in my kraton 8s, it will be faster than my stock xmaxx? I hope, my friends just bought a couple of xmaxxs cause they liked mine. Thought I would suprise them on our next bash session with a 8s kraton.

So if I put a 23t pinion in my kraton 8s, it will be faster than my stock xmaxx? I hope, my friends just bought a couple of xmaxxs cause they liked mine. Thought I would suprise them on our next bash session with a 8s kraton.
Yes, def faster than an Xmaxx now . You'd better have 2 sets of batteries cause their Xmaxx's are going to run twice as long as the K8S will .
What size Is the stock pinion?
17 tooth
Thanks I will try the 23 tooth, will changing the timing help?
I left my timing alone , have not had any overheat problems .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back