Typhon New addition to the family

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Raider
  3. Senton 6s
  4. 4x4-Mega
Got my third Typhon. For $219 I couldn't pass it up Think I should turn it brushless? I have spare 6s blx system or I could use a hobby wing or castle creation. I could keep simple though and leave it as it. Let's talk options.

Attachments

• IMG_20190829_195848.jpg
    IMG_20190829_195848.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 50
Sweet! But if you go brushless, what about the diffs and drivetrain.

Bro for $80 you could have saved $200 ??‍♂️??‍♂️
semantics it's still a good deal it's about $100 less than what you would pay for normally pay for. I have charger and battery for something I wouldn't have gotten with the brushless system.

It’s a Ni-MH battery and a wall wart trickle charger. Don’t glorify it. It’s junk. For $80 more you wouldn’t need to upgrade anything. It would be a respectable car. Sure the radio sucks, shocks leak, slipper is finicky, a-arms are brittle, and the list goes on, but... they BOTH have those flaws. ?

The Mega has a crap ESC and motor that will burn up in a few bashes. It has non adjustable links, plastic input gears, 48p gears, and it’s green ?? It costs $200 to resolve all that. Or $80.

Look I got an An RC car it's cool looking and probably drives cool too. why are y'all tripping about this. Idc if it was 100 or 80 bucks cheaper it's my money and if I wanna spend more or less for it that's not what the post is about. Y'all acting like it's your car or something ?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1567103068761.jpg
    FB_IMG_1567103068761.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 34
Look I got an An RC car it's cool looking and probably drives cool too. why are y'all tripping about this. Idc if it was 100 or 80 bucks cheaper it's my money and if I wanna spend more or less for it that's not what the post is about. Y'all acting like it's your car or something ?
We have just had so many people come on the forum complaining about the cost to upgrade a Mega to a BLX. We are trying to save people the pain we all went thru buying the cheap Mega, only to regret it very quickly.

We have just had so many people come on the forum complaining about the cost to upgrade a Mega to a BLX. We are trying to save people the pain we all went thru buying the cheap Mega, only to regret it very quickly.
Then tell me not to upgrade it then gezz. I mean I did ask what I should with it.

Keep it. I was thinking of getting one just for sh!ts and giggles. If i want brushless I'll buy brushless, that way I wouldn't have to upgrade the drivetrain.

I happen to like the green and the whole purpose of these things is to mess around with them / .. RTR isn't a hobby, it's something to do.

Mod the crap out of it )

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back