Infraction New addition to the family

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Mega
  4. Infraction
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Nero
  7. Notorious
  8. Typhon 3s
I might need to get a DNA test because I don't see the resemblance!!
IMG_20210918_182742.jpg

I did a couple things before it's first run.

I Installed scorched rc inner fenders and changed centre diff to 500k, and yes it was only half full.
IMG_20210919_123707.jpg

Ran it for the first time yesterday.

It was a lot of fun, but I was a bit underwhelmed with the speed but to it's defense I only had the stock pinion on it. Might try out like a 18 or 20 tooth. Also will try to recalibrate with full batteries.

I had an issue with the front tires rubbing the body. One side rubbed all the paint off. I took off the plastic stickers and made some from aluminum ducting tape. The colour was so close you can't even tell.
IMG_20210919_130058~2.jpg

IMG_20210919_130123~2.jpg

You guys were not kidding about tires. I might call it cookie monster.
Alignment might need a slight tweek.
IMG_20210919_123853.jpg

IMG_20210919_123836.jpg

Checking over all the suspension today to minimize any wheel wobble.

Only other little issue I had was the stock wheel wrench. The 17mm was printed so large that it couldn't sit all the way in the wheel nut. Filed it down at it goes all the way in now.
IMG_20210919_123742.jpg

I can't wait to keep enjoying this car. 9 months ago when I got into the hobby I thought people must be crazy to spend that much on a rc.
Now I'm using every ounce of willpower to stop watching Notorious videos.
I'm looking forward to learn from the expertise of everyone here on my 6s journey.

IMG_20210918_182742.jpg

IMG_20210919_123707.jpg

Last edited:
Bald tires on the inside - check!
Wheel wells scratched - check!
Still smiling from, the last run - check!
Tool issue is new to me!
Consider GRP tires going forward, a lot cheaper and a lot better. Use J-style S5 for temps in the 75-90F, just a rough guide. They all stick after they have warmed up. Rough guide, I get about 10 packs out of a set, more than Hoons at 8.

I ended up with a strip of drywall tape and shoegoo in the wheel well, tape won't last long but better than nothing.
If you bottom out, get some alu skid plates. Don't bother with carbon, won't hold up to scraping. Avoid alu side plates or front bumper if you hit stuff. It will bend like nothing and if you ever hit yourself it will slice like a knife.

https://rcspeedmonsters.com/ols/categories/infraction

https://nitrohobbies.com/rc-cars-tr...els-tire-sets/1-8-scale/?_bc_fsnf=1&brand=357

Bald tires on the inside - check!
Wheel wells scratched - check!
Still smiling from, the last run - check!
Tool issue is new to me!
Consider GRP tires going forward, a lot cheaper and a lot better. Use J-style S5 for temps in the 75-90F, just a rough guide. They all stick after they have warmed up. Rough guide, I get about 10 packs out of a set, more than Hoons at 8.

I ended up with a strip of drywall tape and shoegoo in the wheel well, tape won't last long but better than nothing.
If you bottom out, get some alu skid plates. Don't bother with carbon, won't hold up to scraping. Avoid alu side plates or front bumper if you hit stuff. It will bend like nothing and if you ever hit yourself it will slice like a knife.

https://rcspeedmonsters.com/ols/categories/infraction

https://nitrohobbies.com/rc-cars-tr...els-tire-sets/1-8-scale/?_bc_fsnf=1&brand=357
Thanks for the info. I definitely like the idea for the skid plates. I used to work tool and die so I may just try to make a set myself. Shipping and broker fees to Canada are sometimes a major killer.
I tried to look for the grp tires but haven't found any local for cheaper then the hoons. If any fellow Canadians know where to get them for a decent price please let me know.
I'm Going to order a cheap set of tires I found on AliExpress. I'm not expecting much but it's worth a shot.
Hopefully I get them before winter 🥶

Stay away from Alie tires, they are not worth it. I've tried some, they hold up 1 or 2 bashing session max and cause more damage. No idea which ones you are getting, if they do work let us know, it's like a holy grail.

If you are trying to get Hoons fast they have some on Amazon for 30CAD instead of 45 at LHS. For GRP's you will have to buy them off ebay.
Thanks. They are about $39 a pair on Amazon so I ordered a set.
Stay away from Alie tires, they are not worth it. I've tried some, they hold up 1 or 2 bashing session max and cause more damage. No idea which ones you are getting, if they do work let us know, it's like a holy grail.
I ordered 2 different sets to test out. I will post how they are good or bad once I test them out. I've used some other AliExpress tires before on my 1/10 street car. They worked out good after trex tape was used on the inside to stop the ballooning.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back