New aluminum ARRMA diff case!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I have extra difs from buying complete ones from Jennys, I have lots of spares and I can't see why you would change all three. I bought two Hot Racing ones for the center dif because they are exposed and get destroyed by rocks and gravel. The ones inside the gear box all look brand new after cleaning and servicing. Even ones that have had a gear blow up inside, were still fine once cleaned. If I didn't have the HR's,I might have got these because they're a bit less money, but only for the center dif.

Since I have extra difs from buying complete ones from Jennys, I have lots of spares and I can't see why you would change all three. I bought two Hot Racing ones for the center dif because they are exposed and get destroyed by rocks and gravel. The ones inside the gear box all look brand new after cleaning and servicing. Even ones that have had a gear blow up inside, were still fine once cleaned. If I didn't have the HR's,I might have got these because they're a bit less money, but only for the center dif.
Plus you get a new case/bulk head everytime you buy a diff. from Jenny's for less then a rebuild kit. If Arrma puts out metal cases that won't cost as much as a truck EZPay payment, looking at you HR, then I'd might change all 3. Like my truck isn't getting heavy already.

I've had some mixed luck with both the center diff and front/rear cases.
I had 2 centers get trashed from debris, one rear and one front eventually the metal insert for the case came loose making it unusable.

I don't plan on swapping these for all 3 diffs on all of my 6s stuff, not sure that's necessary, but these will definitely go into the center position first. If I have issues with the front/rear diffs later on I'll swap them out as needed.

Looks like a super durable design with the steel face plate ..hope the aluminium diff case body has slots for the 4 metal inserts

Hi Guys, had nothing but trouble with my Talion v4 leaking from the centre diff so decided to buy the aluminum case. Just tried to swap over parts from the old diff and noticed that there are no slots for the metal support inserts, which are to long to fit anyway, everything fits nicely without them !!!!! is this right ? Help please.

One tip about leaky diffs btw, is to make sure there is no air bubbles inside when you put the diff together, air will expand when the diff gets hot, creating pressure inside and causing the diff to leak. Relevant to both the metal and plastic diffs

One tip about leaky diffs btw, is to make sure there is no air bubbles inside when you put the diff together, air will expand when the diff gets hot, creating pressure inside and causing the diff to leak. Relevant to both the metal and plastic diffs

Not the reply I was hoping for , but good tip, thanks anyway

Quick question about diff. temps. Do the metal ones get hot enough to where I'd need to use red loc-tite, or will blue be sufficient? I never temped the diffs. and only had the plastic ones anyway.

I've had the plastic diff cups stretch over time making the internal mesh loose, this would solve that. I now have 4 6s Arrmas what should I do?

Hi Guys, had nothing but trouble with my Talion v4 leaking from the centre diff so decided to buy the aluminum case. Just tried to swap over parts from the old diff and noticed that there are no slots for the metal support inserts, which are to long to fit anyway, everything fits nicely without them !!!!! is this right ? Help please.
What part are there no slots for?

Arrma have now added this extra picture on that link I posted earlier...

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 08.51.23.jpeg

Attachments

• diff case inserts.jpg
    diff case inserts.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back