New aluminum ARRMA diff case!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These seem out of stock now. Anyone having issues? Did they just sell like hot cakes or was there QC issues and they pulled them? I need 3 of them.

Mine went together fine. I haven't ran it yet tho. I'm trying to wait until I get my chassis and do a rebuild but something tells me the center diff. I have in there will shred before I get to that point. My guess would be 2 weeks before it gets here, yeah that sounds like my luck.

See? Even the diagram from Arrma is calling the sun gears planetary gears. I'm over here calling dogs ducks and no one knows wtf I'm talking about. Everybody has to use the same words for things.
I understood you completely. Ducks are not dogs. I agree. It can get confusing if we don't stick to proper wording. Esp. for newbs.

Finally built mine up today, used the 2 shim method as pictured above but I replaced one of the small ones with 1 large Mugen shim..

Diff feels tight even with no fluid in it..?

Last edited:
Finally built mine up today, used the 2 shim method as pictured above but I replaced one of the small ones with 1 large Mugen shim..

Diff feels tight even with no fluid in it..?
Then if it feels too tight... it just may be too tight. You need a slight amount of lash to prevent wear. And too much lash will increase wear. Somewhere in between is correct. That's a personal observation and comes from experience when rebuilding diffs over time. Trial and error will dictate what is good enough lash.
Scale diff builders use machinist Blue Dye on the gears to check for proper lash/gear mesh contact.. That would be overkill here. But sure can be done if one was that anal.

Hello there. I have also ordered three of these metal diff cases to rebuild all three Diffs on my v5 Kraton. I am not sure and was not able to find this information right here or on the assemble picture for ARA220050 from Arrma but are the washers ARA709057 between the outdrives AR310439 and the bearings still needed?

Thank you!

Hello there. I have also ordered three of these metal diff cases to rebuild all three Diffs on my v5 Kraton. I am not sure and was not able to find this information right here or on the assemble picture for ARA220050 from Arrma but are the washers ARA709057 between the outdrives AR310439 and the bearings still needed?

Thank you!

I am sure more experienced people will answer. I installed one which was for the Infraction center diff since it takes on more heat than the others.

I built the diff the same as the one I took off and checked each area if there were enough washers/shims needed on the new setup. I only needed one washer to cover the inside o-ring...diff cup and ring gear so I had two spares. In my case...the OEM setup only had a shim on one side, not both. It was all I needed for the rig.

Thank you!
I used them on all of mine but your results may vary.

Thank you guys, so I will have a look when they arrive.
I found the shimming very different to the plastic cups, the washers are fairly thick, not really what I would thick of as a shim, but they worked out perfectly. The feel of the built diff dry was very smooth.

Thank you!
I think they are there to keep the dog bones from shoving the cups into the diff and putting pressure on the back side of the sun gears. Pretty sure I put them in mine when I put the alloy cups in it in the front/rear, can't recall for sure if I did it on the center one though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back