Kraton New Arrma 4s 2022 models.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bending aluminum towers is par for the course. If the aluminum has too hard of a temper, it'll snap like some of the M2C towers will. I'd rather just bend it back. I only broke one plastic tower on an 8s from an upside-down landing - but the aluminum AM towers are way too thick to do nothing but take it.
Wait you broke an 8s tower? Damn. I landed upside down with my Outcast 8s too from around the 26ft but the towers didn't break. The center module came off though and I broke off all the bolts on the module (I also bent the front center driveshaft, and pulled the bots off the center module plastic area, which broke it. And broke off all 3 bolts on the motor mount 🤣

Wait you broke an 8s tower? Damn. I landed upside down with my Outcast 8s too from around the 26ft but the towers didn't break. The center module came off though and I broke off all the bolts on the module (I also bent the front center driveshaft, and pulled the bots off the center module plastic area, which broke it. And broke off all 3 bolts on the motor mount 🤣
That's some real carnage. Mine broke when the stock wing mount snapped off on the 1st upside-down bounce, then it popped up & half cart-wheeled right on the tower. That's what finally made me design my own wing mount. It looked like it landed upside-down, but the wing mount had to catch & shovel in order to make the thing pop up like that.

Well if it stacks up to this thing, I'll take back everything I said & buy both. TBF, this mish-mash of a rig has barely $400 in it & the only thing that can kill it is the bloody heat. It's geared up way too high but I don't care. Bring it Arrma :ROFLMAO:

Lol no to all of this. They are sticking with the plastic crap and slipper these cars will never have an aluminum chassis, aluminum shock towers, no center diff and no metal driveshafts. Now you're just dreaming.

And incase you didn't notice Arrma is fazing out the rollers. The 8s Kraton and Outcast rollers are being discontinued. The Kraton 6s EXB is likely to go away next and be released as a ready to run.

Sad you have right.

It would be better if my dream come true.

I think arrma does bad thing if they force people buy their junk elektroniks.
They must keep sell Rollers.
It is no big deal, just sell some rigs without electronics to all who want it that way.

Like 8s no one like the stock electronics.
These you like buy rollers an have a Max5 800kv 56 motor in.

Also Kraton 6s, you want max6 combo

If they will stop sell Rollers, i will find another brand 4 shure.

i Will never buy a car with Spektrum ESC and same brand radiosystem anymore.

I like my futaba, just buy extra receiver, and i love HW combos to offroad, and castle onroad

Stupid if Arrma start to force people buy Spectrum stuff, they will loose alot customers.

I self will start buy other brands then as protest

Sad you have right.

It is no big deal, just sell some rigs without electronics to all who want it that way.

I like my futaba, just buy extra receiver, and i love HW combos to offroad, and castle onroad

Stupid if Arrma start to force people buy Spectrum stuff, they will loose alot customers.

This is Horizon forcing these things on Arrma, if it was up to Arrma we would still have Arrma electronics and a Tactic TTX300 radio. The Arrma BLX system is hands down better than the new Spektrum Firma Smart escs, like I mentioned previously I do not remember daily posts about the BLX escs starting on fire.

This is Horizon forcing these things on Arrma, if it was up to Arrma we would still have Arrma electronics and a Tactic TTX300 radio. The Arrma BLX system is hands down better than the new Spektrum Firma Smart escs, like I mentioned previously I do not remember daily posts about the BLX escs starting on fire.

What I don't understand is how Arrma can think they got so big that if they can't sell a rig in shops, then they can't sell it period. Seriously, just 3 years ago they had no future & now they're trying to be more like Traxxas - BUT Traxxas has their own stores, many shops that only sell their stuff, ridiculous parts support, blingy eye-catching models, & gimmicks up the rear end. One thing Traxxas would never do is limit their models. They only stop selling models when they make replacements, & you can still find older models in shops if you look hard enough. If this is a ploy to force Spektrum garbage on us, then it's the worst thing they can do.

The one thing about Traxxas electronics is that there are always people ready to buy them. Out of the 3 X-Maxx ESCs I had, none of them lasted for more than a few days on ebay. But when it comes to Spektrum, I actually feel terrible trying to unload the junk on someone else. I've seen enough of the junk grenade that I'd rather chuck it in a fireproof safe & forget about it.

What I don't understand is how Arrma can think they got so big that if they can't sell a rig in shops, then they can't sell it period. Seriously, just 3 years ago they had no future & now they're trying to be more like Traxxas - BUT Traxxas has their own stores, many shops that only sell their stuff, ridiculous parts support, blingy eye-catching models, & gimmicks up the rear end. One thing Traxxas would never do is limit their models. They only stop selling models when they make replacements, & you can still find older models in shops if you look hard enough. If this is a ploy to force Spektrum garbage on us, then it's the worst thing they can do.

The one thing about Traxxas electronics is that there are always people ready to buy them. Out of the 3 X-Maxx ESCs I had, none of them lasted for more than a few days on ebay. But when it comes to Spektrum, I actually feel terrible trying to unload the junk on someone else. I've seen enough of the junk grenade that I'd rather chuck it in a fireproof safe & forget about it.
According to my hobbyshop. The traxxas escs have a higher fail rate than spektrum
Sad you have right.

Arrma is forced to use spektrum because its horizonhobby brand

According to my hobbyshop. The traxxas escs have a higher fail rate than spektrum
Same here, especially 6-8s ESCs. Now only that but Traxxas completely believes that user error is the most common cause. But for some dumb reason, I never felt bad about getting rid of one. It's like if you use that trash, it's on you :ROFLMAO:

Same here, especially 6-8s ESCs. Now only that but Traxxas completely believes that user error is the most common cause. But for some dumb reason, I never felt bad about getting rid of one. It's like if you use that trash, it's on you :ROFLMAO:
My only SPEKTRUM esc is still kicking XD

My only SPEKTRUM esc is still kicking XD
Both my original firma 160s went up, smoked. I got both replaced & they are in my Kraton & Mojave EXBs with the 1250kv motor. They seem to be holding up fine so far - but I don't push them to hard since the 8s power is crazy. Last year, I replaced 3 torched firma 150s, with the same junk. SFAIK, they are still good, even though one guy doesn't run a lot anymore.

A lot of early day Traxxas esc were junk and go up in smoke. I think they have done a lot of improving. I bought a new revised Erevo 2.0 in the fall and so far the vxl6S is holding up well. These trucks stripped end links like crazy 3 years ago when I had one. The new ones are revised, I’ve hammered on it and no stripped links yet. Can’t really tell the difference by looking at them. I think a lot of people talk and never owned some of the stuff they down play. And that would apply to these V2 Arrma 4S models that none of us have driven yet. I’ll wait for real life testing to see if it’s worth buying one or not. I’m hoping that some of these small mods make a bigger difference that Arrma has done. Metal drivetrain and center diffs don’t do anything for a car if the quality isn’t there anyways.

So far I have a Kraton exb 8s, a Fireteam, and a Vorteks. All are running on Spektrum escwand motors, with no issues so far. That said, I have a max5 ready to drop in the Kraton. Since coming to this forum, I have seen too many posts bashing on Castleesc’s and motors, Hobbywing, and spektrum as well. Based on this truly scientific forum, it’s ALL trash lol. That said, I’ll see if the new 4s line is awesome or trash. One of my fav YouTube folks, Kevin Talbot, loves plastic chassis’s, but I’ve seen numerous posts complaining about the new 4s not having a metal chassis. So to anyone reading any of these posts, take ALL of this with a bag of salt 😂

I find it interesting how many people will buy a Spektrum 160a to "upgrade" their Xmaxx..maybe it is an upgrade in performance, but for how long🔥? A max6 is what, $25 more (give or take) than a takeoff Spektrum 160a?🤣🤣
FWIW, Im still rockin the vxl8s...until..🔥 hope I can save the truck🤣🤣
So far I have a Kraton exb 8s, a Fireteam, and a Vorteks. All are running on Spektrum escwand motors, with no issues so far. That said, I have a max5 ready to drop in the Kraton. Since coming to this forum, I have seen too many posts bashing on Castleesc’s and motors, Hobbywing, and spektrum as well. Based on this truly scientific forum, it’s ALL trash lol. That said, I’ll see if the new 4s line is awesome or trash. One of my fav YouTube folks, Kevin Talbot, loves plastic chassis’s, but I’ve seen numerous posts complaining about the new 4s not having a metal chassis. So to anyone reading any of these posts, take ALL of this with a bag of salt 😂
Yes, we all have our favs for sure..and crap all over what we don't like, or had a bad experience with..extra salt please🤣🤣🍻

Isn't all RTR electronic hardware rubbish? Isn't that why their is such a demand for rollers? I still think that's in the minority, general users want an RTR and not be bothered with installing escs and motors.
Yes, for me at least. TBH, the vxl8s in my xmaxx has outlasted the stock tires by a longshot..my brothers xmaxx as well. The xmaxx tires are straight crap IMO. Actually, it's the foams, which of course necessitates buying new tires for most..

Isn't all RTR electronic hardware rubbish? Isn't that why their is such a demand for rollers? I still think that's in the minority, general users want an RTR and not be bothered with installing escs and motors.
Nope, Traxxas back in the day used Castle ESCs. Corally uses max8, max10sct, & max10 ESCs. Hobao 6s ESCs are well binned & I'd use them over Spektrum any day. Redcat & Team Magic also used max6 & max8 clones. Arrma used a max8 clone in the Nero, but it was way too watered down. As for servos, both Corally & Hobao use coreless digital servos but both are beat by the 35kg Amazon special.

Nope, Traxxas back in the day used Castle ESCs. Corally uses max8, max10sct, & max10 ESCs. Hobao 6s ESCs are well binned & I'd use them over Spektrum any day. Redcat & Team Magic also used max6 & max8 clones. Arrma used a max8 clone in the Nero, but it was way too watered down. As for servos, both Corally & Hobao use coreless digital servos but both are beat by the 35kg Amazon special.
Good points.. I do have a Hobao rtr esc in my mexb for a year now, no complaints. Also, the kaiju electronics have taken everything I've thrown at them, including snowbanks. Even the hx3225 servo is still going..🤔😁 I guess I have to retract my statement then.. not the xmaxx tires tho!

Both my original firma 160s went up, smoked. I got both replaced & they are in my Kraton & Mojave EXBs with the 1250kv motor. They seem to be holding up fine so far - but I don't push them to hard since the 8s power is crazy. Last year, I replaced 3 torched firma 150s, with the same junk. SFAIK, they are still good, even though one guy doesn't run a lot anymore.
I have seen 400$ esc from hobbywing and caslte blow up in flames. Some casle motor bending because of the set screw of the pinions. Everything is kinda crap when it comes to electronics in the first batches
The coreless amazon servo give way too much before they start to hold
You can move the horn by hand on them a fair amount before it locks up
F0C5EBB1-1DCD-4027-8ADE-6113C4CA939D.jpeg

Too add to that great info, HPI use to have Castle as well in alot of their cars or slightly watered down versions. The esc in my Vorza back a while ago was the best rtr esc I ever had I think. I believe it was Castle off branded for HPI
Good points.. I do have a Hobao rtr esc in my mexb for a year now, no complaints. Also, the kaiju electronics have taken everything I've thrown at them, including snowbanks. Even the hx3225 servo is still going..🤔😁 I guess I have to retract my statement then.. not the xmaxx tires tho!
haha my VXL8S also outlasted my tires and the outdrives! And was still going. Hobao are some nice cars I have them on my radar for a next buy. I think though I’ve spent most my budget for rc this year 😅. Room for one more mabey this 4S Kraton or Outcast 😆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back