Kraton New Arrma 4s 2022 models.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really RC Guy Garage got one. Wow and why ???
Ok, the dude has 13.5k subs that's enough. TBH I'd rather see Razor get one. At least no waffle to wade through ... be a better review by more than 16 or 17%

I don't think he got one, but for some reason he's trying to make it seem like he did?

Last edited:
It was totally a damn k8s lol

I hear ya. Some of his vids are hours long!! I like him, he's funny, but I can't watch that much YT.
Yeah, Who has the time, much less the attention span to watch long winded videos like that.

Horizon totally delayed it with zero communication too. When I ordered it the website clearly said July 7th and now it says the 22nd. Not the biggest deal in the world but an email to people who already pre ordered would have been nice.

Horizon totally delayed it with zero communication too. When I ordered it the website clearly said July 7th and now it says the 22nd. Not the biggest deal in the world but an email to people who already pre ordered would have been nice.
Same thing with the Nascar Infraction body, paid for it and never heard nothing back.

I don't think he got one, but for some reason he's trying to make it seem like he did?
Razor, are you going to get a 4s Outcast? What do you think about the slipper clutch situation? Just curious what your thoughts are. Thanks.
Old video, but honestly, the V1 O4S looked pretty durable to me :

Last edited:
Razor, are you going to get a 4s Outcast? What do you think about the slipper clutch situation? Just curious what your thoughts are. Thanks.
It was an uncontrollable. The k4s was an outcast in the stunt department.

I will probably get a Kraton 4S. The old slipper unscrewed too easily IMO. I have no problems with slipper clutches, but I'm pretty good at setting them and noticing when they're off. 95% of the problems people have with slippers are self-inflicted IMO.

I will probably get a Kraton 4S. The old slipper unscrewed too easily IMO. I have no problems with slipper clutches, but I'm pretty good at setting them and noticing when they're off. 95% of the problems people have with slippers are self-inflicted IMO.
The problem with the slipper is the cheese hubs. Its 20$ every time when it decides to go out. It can last a few runs or it can last a month. I had one break when i was slowly crawling on a sidewalk. The crackIng made its way to the threads and it lost tension. I had one who stripped out on the threads.
And like you said a lot of the issues are self-inflicted. They are not beginner friendly at all. With a diff you put ur fluid boom done. Theres tons of videos about “whats wrong with my truck” when the motor spins but the car barely moves. then you have the rear hubs who likes to strip Or crack. If it was made with better quality materials or a different design it wouldn't be much of a problem. Some people never had an issue with them but the people who do oh boy.

I remember myself stopping every 5 mins to thread that thing. It was red treadlock 1 turn from fully tight and if i tried to adjust it after that it always came loose A few mins after. Cant tell you how i almost lost one clutch assembly because the screw started to strip. The tiny roller bearing exploded once and it was @jondilly1974 who sent me one to keep me running(the part was in back order for months)

Last edited:
Arrma seems to fix the "hub cracking" issue by adding this metal ring on it (similar solution to the "use old bearing on the shaft" that is recommended on these forums for a long time). So hopefully these issues will stop.

Regarding to stripping, i don't have this issue personally, but almost everyone i know does. You really need to be careful when building it, and never really tighten the screw, and don't use a driver to tighten the screw as the fast speed melts the plastic nut making it have less friction, which is needed to prevent it from unscrewing.

Diff is much harder to get wrong.

99% of the problem is the design of the slipper. I have 9 other cars that have slipper clutches you browse the forums or Facebook and literally no one mentions the slipper clutch on those models. The Arrma 4x4 platform was quite literally the first time I ever had issues with a slipper clutch. Either the clutch loosens itself, which they tried to band-aid by adding the plastic nut or the damn thing breaks which again they added a band-aid to fix it.

Last edited:
Arrma seems to fix the "hub cracking" issue by adding this metal ring on it (similar solution to the "use old bearing on the shaft" that is recommended on these forums for a long time). So hopefully these issues will stop.

Regarding to stripping, i don't have this issue personally, but almost everyone i know does. You really need to be careful when building it, and never really tighten the screw, and don't use a driver to tighten the screw as the fast speed melts the plastic nut making it have less friction, which is needed to prevent it from unscrewing.

Diff is much harder to get wrong.
People already used to add an extra10x15x4

I mean, I get it. I've had 2 Granites, a Vorteks, and a Kraton 4S. I've cracked a couple of hubs, I've had them back out repeatedly, I've had pretty much every problem you read about. My buddy has a BRCC and breaks one every 2 packs. I'm sure he has a bent motor or cracked diff housing or some other problem that he's not aware of, but he drives his cars like he hates them, while I try really hard to drive my cars well.

But I've actually had worse slippers believe it or not. My TLR SCT 2.0 was by far the worst. 🤷‍♂️

BTW, almost every basher I have has some kind of lame problem that is probably worse than the slipper on the 4S. Even for the V1 4S, I'd rate the slipper less of a problem than the bendy motor mount, non-threaded shock rod ends, the unsealed spur or even the jamming steering rack.

Last edited:
So after watching the RC guy garage video today he definitely has one of those 4s rigs. He trolled so hard in his video today and it was hilarious. Looks like he hasn't even opened it yet, so he definitely signed some papers I'd assume.

So after watching the RC guy garage video today he definitely has one of those 4s rigs. He trolled so hard in his video today and it was hilarious. Looks like he hasn't even opened it yet, so he definitely signed some papers I'd assume.
I love the guy XD. wish there was guys like him here where i live. Its extremely boring here

I see all the slipper clutch hate, and understand that they take some dialing in, but don’t fully understand why a center diff is a better option. Seems like a center diff does not do as much as a slipper to protect the drivetrain. The momentary energy from say a landing on full throttle has to go somewhere. Better heat from friction between wear pads than spinning the wheels with the least traction and their associated drivetrain components at 2 or 3 times the speed the gearing intends right? I saw a maxx center diff video the other day and that has 2 million diff fluid. It’s like heavy grease. I can’t see how that is anything other than locked under driving conditions and is there to only bleed energy to protect the drivetrain. But again that energy is going to spinning a wheel or wheels at higher speeds with all the associated damage risk that entails. Or am I missing something?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back