Kraton New Arrma 4s 2022 models.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see all the slipper clutch hate, and understand that they take some dialing in, but don’t fully understand why a center diff is a better option. Seems like a center diff does not do as much as a slipper to protect the drivetrain. The momentary energy from say a landing on full throttle has to go somewhere. Better heat from friction between wear pads than spinning the wheels with the least traction and their associated drivetrain components at 2 or 3 times the speed the gearing intends right? I saw a maxx center diff video the other day and that has 2 million diff fluid. It’s like heavy grease. I can’t see how that is anything other than locked under driving conditions and is there to only bleed energy to protect the drivetrain. But again that energy is going to spinning a wheel or wheels at higher speeds with all the associated damage risk that entails. Or am I missing something?
I went through 3 or 4 slipper hubs in 3 months with my Typhon 3s and I don't do jumps. I've run my 6s Typhon at least twice as much in the last 3 months and had zero issues with the center diff, running 30k or 100k diff fluid since I got it. Its just a durability issue with the low quality metal used for the Arrma slipper hub more than anything. I have a slipper in my 2wd Traxxas, lasted a year of hard bashing before I finally wore out the pads, the hub and pressure plate are still good to go.

Also, landing on full throttle is generally rough on the drivetrain regardless of center diff or slipper.

I went through 3 or 4 slipper hubs in 3 months with my Typhon 3s and I don't do jumps. I've run my 6s Typhon at least twice as much in the last 3 months and had zero issues with the center diff, running 30k or 100k diff fluid since I got it. Its just a durability issue with the low quality metal used for the Arrma slipper hub more than anything. I have a slipper in my 2wd Traxxas, lasted a year of hard bashing before I finally wore out the pads, the hub and pressure plate are still good to go.

Also, landing on full throttle is generally rough on the drivetrain regardless of center diff or slipper.
Makes sense. Thanks for the info. I guess the 3s design is just not a great implementation of the slipper clutch in general then, vs a slipper clutch being an inherently ‘bad’ thing.

Wait how did you wear out the slipper pads in a year? I'm still running the ones that came with my 2wd Stampede that I bought used in 2015.

I see all the slipper clutch hate, and understand that they take some dialing in, but don’t fully understand why a center diff is a better option. Seems like a center diff does not do as much as a slipper to protect the drivetrain. The momentary energy from say a landing on full throttle has to go somewhere. Better heat from friction between wear pads than spinning the wheels with the least traction and their associated drivetrain components at 2 or 3 times the speed the gearing intends right? I saw a maxx center diff video the other day and that has 2 million diff fluid. It’s like heavy grease. I can’t see how that is anything other than locked under driving conditions and is there to only bleed energy to protect the drivetrain. But again that energy is going to spinning a wheel or wheels at higher speeds with all the associated damage risk that entails. Or am I missing something?
The 4s trucks now have a fully metal drivetrain.
You can tune how ur car handles with silicone oil thickness something you just cannot do with a clutch. Clutch made sense on the v1. The Drivetrain was cheese. Now its steel
Wait how did you wear out the slipper pads in a year? I'm still running the ones that came with my 2wd Stampede that I bought used in 2015.
My clutch pads are 4 year old on my 4s lol. I flip them when too much dark marking to my liking. The traxxas clutch pads are aluminum if i remember correctly

They actually still had enough thickness but were getting chipped around the edges from dirt and tiny rocks getting in the gearbox. I probably could have kept using them, but was doing a rebuild with a 1 inch chassis extension and 4s esc/motor upgrade and figured I'd replace just to be sure. Still got the ones I replaced as a back up, not sure I'll ever need them, lol.

The 4s trucks now have a fully metal drivetrain.
You can tune how ur car handles with silicone oil thickness something you just cannot do with a clutch. Clutch made sense on the v1. The Drivetrain was cheese. Now its steel

My clutch pads are 4 year old on my 4s lol. I flip them when too much dark marking to my liking. The traxxas clutch pads are aluminum if i remember correctly
The stock Traxxas slipper pads are not aluminum, I think they are made from graphite they look a lot like brake pad material.

Was gonna wait but I preodered a Kraton 4S yesterday. One of the stores I use to buy from had midsummer sale this weekend. 5% off on all orders and if I get it for that price, I will actually get it for a lower price than my v1 Kraton 4s. :cool:

I see all the slipper clutch hate, and understand that they take some dialing in, but don’t fully understand why a center diff is a better option. Seems like a center diff does not do as much as a slipper to protect the drivetrain.
Each has its own advantages.

Of course, Razor is talking Race-Grade Slippers vs diffs. With the Arrma 4x4 slipper, we get a cast pot metal yoke and an adjustment screw that you can't get to without taking part of the driveline out... If the 2s trucks came with a slipper built like the one in that video, or the one in my Schumacher, there would be no whining because there would be almost no issues (other than from people that run them very loose and melt stuff, that can' be helped...) Would a good slipper add to the prive of the truck? yes, but by how much? $10? $20? I don't really know...

The problem with the slipper is the cheese hubs. Its 20$ every time when it decides to go out. It can last a few runs or it can last a month. I had one break when i was slowly crawling on a sidewalk. The crackIng made its way to the threads and it lost tension. I had one who stripped out on the threads.
And like you said a lot of the issues are self-inflicted. They are not beginner friendly at all. With a diff you put ur fluid boom done. Theres tons of videos about “whats wrong with my truck” when the motor spins but the car barely moves. then you have the rear hubs who likes to strip Or crack. If it was made with better quality materials or a different design it wouldn't be much of a problem. Some people never had an issue with them but the people who do oh boy.

I remember myself stopping every 5 mins to thread that thing. It was red treadlock 1 turn from fully tight and if i tried to adjust it after that it always came loose A few mins after. Cant tell you how i almost lost one clutch assembly because the screw started to strip. The tiny roller bearing exploded once and it was @jondilly1974 who sent me one to keep me running(the part was in back order for months)

There are upgraded hubs available made from 7075 aluminum
I mean, I get it. I've had 2 Granites, a Vorteks, and a Kraton 4S. I've cracked a couple of hubs, I've had them back out repeatedly, I've had pretty much every problem you read about. My buddy has a BRCC and breaks one every 2 packs. I'm sure he has a bent motor or cracked diff housing or some other problem that he's not aware of, but he drives his cars like he hates them, while I try really hard to drive my cars well.

But I've actually had worse slippers believe it or not. My TLR SCT 2.0 was by far the worst. 🤷‍♂️

BTW, almost every basher I have has some kind of lame problem that is probably worse than the slipper on the 4S. Even for the V1 4S, I'd rate the slipper less of a problem than the bendy motor mount, non-threaded shock rod ends, the unsealed spur or even the jamming steering rack.

Get the 7075 hub upgrade

I say give me both, a center diff with thick fluid, and two slippers. Here's my attempt at a sketch. I'm sure someone will be willing to pay to have it on their basher.....

center_diff_plus_slippers.PNG

Last edited:
I say give me both, a center diff with thick fluid, and two slippers. Here's my attempt at a sketch. I'm sure someone will be willing to pay to have it on their basher.....

View attachment 226304

Until someone comes out with a 3-slipper diff! Then you're screwed!

From who?
The only guy i fou d who makes some is from germany and has a funny website
It’s the dude that made the comment. He’s constantly trying to promote the slipper that he indicates is someone else’s product but has a email to purchase which is the same as his handle. Super sketchy. I would think, if he genuinely wanted to promote the product, he would have it in somebody’s ‘well known’ hands here on the forum to test. But no, he just posts pictures of piles of the slipper and tells people to email to order the next run because the current run sold out fast 🙄

It’s the dude that made the comment. He’s constantly trying to promote the slipper that he indicates is someone else’s product but has a email to purchase which is the same as his handle. Super sketchy. I would think, if he genuinely wanted to promote the product, he would have it in somebody’s ‘well known’ hands here on the forum to test. But no, he just posts pictures of piles of the slipper and tells people to email to order the next run because the current run sold out fast 🙄

Again there's a entire Facebook group dedicated to the brand and 40 users that now have the product in use. Why you are such a complete butthole I have no clue!

Let me break it down for you to give you a complete back story Mr all that I don't understand is sketchy...

The way this whole thing came about was that I started experiencing slipper clutch failure and saw the same thing within a few Facebook groups. A large group of ppl were interested in buying from this German designer that had a really awesome product, but he would not sell to people in the United States. So I took it upon myself once I saw the demand to use my business to help folks in the group get the product. I then made a bulk purchase with my own money. Didn't ask for anyone's assistance or deposit or upfront payment. Once the product arrive. I then individually sold the products to 40 people. The products sold out in 48 hours and so far there has not been one complaint. The reason why I have not set up a website is because I'm trying to keep the cost down for the end user because if I design a website, which cost money I will then have to pass the cost on to the end user. So what I did from there is I set up a Facebook group that has been growing fast. The designer is a le to post photos and users are able to post reviews of the product. So far it has been working like a charm and all customers are happy to my knowledge. So what you call sketchy is just me as an enthusiast seeing a ton of people wanting the product but not able to get it and me stepping in to help fill the void. Oh soooo sketchy! Lol. Stop it and grow up. I've done more for the platform than you and your negativity. I've had a lot of people publicly thank me for stepping up to use my own money to help a group of people obtain the product.

You must be a competitor trying to come out with a knockoff 🤣🤣
From who?
The only guy i fou d who makes some is from germany and has a funny website

The manufacturer is a German guy, the brand is called Oktay. You can find the group on fb and it's also posted in almost all of the Arrma groups for 4s. It's even in the Arrma army group that's like 15k people

Its still pretty sketchy ngl. But i just don't understand why companies like m2c has not made one yet. The platform has been around for years. Only last year they started making 7075 motor mounts and overdesigned the thing, we only needed the plate but m2c went full throttle on the design and he is selling it for 80$

Its still pretty sketchy ngl. But i just don't understand why companies like m2c has not made one yet. The platform has been around for years. Only last year they started making 7075 motor mounts and overdesigned the thing, we only needed the plate but m2c went full throttle on the design and he is selling it for 80$

Oh got it..you work for m2c or have an affiliation. Now it makes sense. Carry on Mr the world is a sketchy place lol. I can't spend any additional time going back in forth with a troll that has nothing but bad things to talk about.. enjoy. Ending conversation with YOU.

Oh got it..you work for m2c or have an affiliation. Now it makes sense. Carry on Mr the world is a sketchy place lol. I can't spend any additional time going back in forth with a troll that has nothing but bad things to talk about.. enjoy. Ending conversation with YOU.
I don't work for m2c at all lol. I like to put the stuff in my cart and pay that all. My trucks have barely any upgrades. Im not the one being upset but you. Im just saying its kinda ridiculous that the other know names haven't made that part yet. But somehow ur triggered by that??
Maybe if you layed down the process how to get it it would have convinced more here to get it and review it. But you started acting like a hole for anyone questioning what you were doing or helping doing in good faith.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i would have Liked to get my hands on one but canada isn't fun with shipping or anything overseas right now

Last edited:
I don't work for m2c at all lol. I like to put the stuff in my cart and pay that all. My trucks have barely any upgrades. Im not the one being upset but you. Im just saying its kinda ridiculous that the other know names haven't made that part yet. But somehow ur triggered by that??
Maybe if you layed down the process how to get it it would have convinced more here to get it and review it. But you started acting like a hole for anyone questioning what you were doing or helping doing in good faith.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i would have Liked to get my hands on one but canada isn't fun with shipping or anything overseas right now

I don't need to convince you to do anything. There are enough people waiting in line for the next batch and anything that you choose not to do is your own choice and your own shortcomings. Unlike all the other big name companies, I'm not here mainly for the prophets. I'm here as a hobbyist giving back the best I can to the community. Got some compensated for my time but not at the same scale. These big companies are and not my main objective.

I fully agree. I love just going on to a site and checking out. I do feel like that is the best option. But at this time due to how strong their euro is and the added expense of shipping, I am doing my best to keep cost down for the end user and keep it affordable as possible. In the near future there will be an easier way for folks to buy for right now. The Facebook group has been working seamlessly. Facebook and Instagram as a marketplace has really changed the way the folks do business.

I will continue not to make people front the bill or put any deposit down until I have the product in hand and that to me is the furthest from sketchy if you ask me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back