Kraton New Arrma 4s 2022 models.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only $.02 is that it rarely looks good when the business owner does a lot of talking. Let the haters hate and let your product do the talking for you. the most successful products and business owners should just fade into the darkness amidst the success of their product. You will always have haters and people talking crap for no reason.

Not suggesting that you're a fraud or that anyone you previously spoke with are trolls, but I would say ignore them and put your product out without "overselling" it. Eventually everyone will get tired of them talking to themselves and move on. Diving into that rabbit hole with anyone will only drag you down.

Respect!

Again I'm a hobbyist who brought this over to help people asking for the product in the fb groups but no way to obtain it. But I 100% get what you are saying. Cheers!

It appears both the standard and VXL Rustler 4x4 come with aluminum slipper pads, the graphite ones are optional, that must be something new they are doing as every Traxxas vehicle I have had has had the graphite pads.
The vxl had some upgraded bits like the pads
I talk to him often and he said that videos should be up Friday
Amazing
This convo reminds me maybe a possible investment into 3D printing and designing parts and sell them locally. But i doubt i have that in me.

Last edited:
Looks like RC Guy's video is gonna be released at noon CST:
. I wonder if we'll see a slew of videos from other youtubers at that same time.

Ijust noticed this look at the axles

A763BE98-1D6C-495C-B65A-15F963B072A3.png

The rectangle on the diff thing also is covered from what i have seen
If you ask me the upgraded axles was a last minute decision

A6E5C140-1D72-4CA3-AB5F-FC0F82AB0701.png

Every single pic shows plastic axles
I could buy the v2 sell the tires, electronics, shocks and put the stuff of my v1 on the v3 then sell my v1 as a roller and all the uncompatible parts and i have bassicly a v2 kraton for free

Last edited:
I went through 3 or 4 slipper hubs in 3 months with my Typhon 3s and I don't do jumps. I've run my 6s Typhon at least twice as much in the last 3 months and had zero issues with the center diff, running 30k or 100k diff fluid since I got it. Its just a durability issue with the low quality metal used for the Arrma slipper hub more than anything. I have a slipper in my 2wd Traxxas, lasted a year of hard bashing before I finally wore out the pads, the hub and pressure plate are still good to go.

Also, landing on full throttle is generally rough on the drivetrain regardless of center diff or slipper.
+!.
Slippers suck. Is what it is. Old school crap from RC of the '80's. Now only cheap rigs have them. The real dealio Hard core Rigs have a center diff. Is what it is. Friction heat from a slipper affords zero efficiency in a drivetrain at that. Complete loss of power, being cut to the drivetrain for that split second. Not efficient. Center diff just tranfers power where it needs to go.(y) Works in scale cars. Why hate on it.:giggle:
Slippers just make you a slave to them.
And the way Arrma does their slippers in the 4x4 line is just crap poor in execution. A money maker for HH/Arrma no doubt.

I never had an 4s Arrma , only the 3s , and I didn't care for them so I stick with the 6s rigs . But ,.....but ....... I have to say I'm impressed with the new V2 4s rigs . Not that I'd buy one , cause I don't use the RC's I have now , NTM , you guys are the real test !!!! All the big YouTubers can do their " first" run , but I'd like to see 10-20 packs thru them , then tell us how good they are !!!

+!.
Slippers suck. Is what it is. Old school crap fro RC of the '80's. Now only cheap rigs have them. The real dealio Hard core Rogs have a center diff. Is what it is. Friction heat from a slipper affords zero efficiency in a drivetrain at that. Complet loss of power, being cut to the drivetrain for that split second. Not effiicient. Center diff just tranfers power where it needs to go.
Slippers just make you a slave to them.
And the way Arrma does their slippers in the 4x4 line is just crap poor in execution. A money maker for HH/Arrma no doubt.
Haven't had a slipper equipped rig since my losi gtx..that was a 2wd nitro stadium truck..and honestly I didn't like it then. Wasn't really necessary I didn't feel since it had a centrifugal clutch..

I agree. I said the same with my 2 Nitro RC10 GT's. Both Centrifigal engine clutch and a Slipper. PIA to tune them, having both. They tend to cancel each other out at times. Makes no sense. I still run them on rare ocassions being Vintage stuff now..
But Even TA's Old slipper design is WAY better and more simple than Arrma's current 4x4 slipper setup. It is much too bloated and over engineered. Especially as a beginner platform that the 4x4 line was intended for.
Own a beginner platform and you will always remain a "Beginner". :LOL:
Trying to make something that it never was or will be. Trying to make run durable like a 6s platform....Trying to fix inherent design flaws that are there intentionally by design IMHO. To increase a Brand's bottom Line, selling flawed replacement parts over and over. HH knows where their bread is buttered.
HH rather keep introducing new variations of the 4x4 platform. Increasing their price disproportionally with every new release.. All while never adressing key issues that have plagued this platform and to this day. Read between the lines.
Govern yourself accordingly.

Last edited:
4s trucks are not a beginner truck, just a smaller lighter basher vs the 6s.

But no worries, keep your nose in the air, I'll try to not remind you that your 6s cars are also toys...

Dang, failed again.
He did say was. The 4x4 platform was originally designed for beginners in mind.

And yes we were all beginners at one time. Not hating beginners. Just saying there are other rigs out there. 4X4 line is fine for your first rig. Just keep buying them makes no sense to me. And many have found a false comfort zone with them. Getting stuck in that beginner quality platform. Issues included. Much is because of how HH markets their stuff. Be careful with all the Marketing hype.
6s line is Arrma's claim to fame. Let's face it. 6s line is mature and well supported. And runs
great with a 4s Lipo as well. 4x4 is transitional to the 6s line.
All I am saying.

Last edited:
He did say was. The 4x4 platform was originally designed for beginners in mind.
And the 4x4s were also originally all brushed power. Big difference in required skills between a brushed Granite and a 4s Kraton. Skill gap between 4s Kraton and 6s Kraton is small enough to not matter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back