Kraton New Arrma 4s 2022 models.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those CVD's have had that clip from the beginning. Mine were installed in 2020 and they have that clip. This is not a new part. IMHO, that "Arrma will fix it right away" is influencer speak for "Yeah, it broke, and I know I need to talk about it, but I don't want to talk about it became I got free trucks, so I will blindly accept Arrma's excuse and say it won't be a problem for you"

Maybe the v3 will get a "Saf-d-ring" like the 6s diff input, but I really doubt the v2's will change.

With all that said, the C-clip has never been an issue for me.
Rc guy garage and rc driver both had the problem. The axles are not the same they are different part numbers from the v1 optional axle i believe

Ok, I had to go look at my Granite, and the new 4s part. They do look a bit different. Also, inspecting the CVD's on my Granite, looks like what I thought was a blow diff is actually a broke CVD. The metal yoke separated from the slider - second one I have broken like this.:mad:

I don't think Arrma should be trying to reinvent the wheel with these CVDs. The SRR has huge composite/metal CVDs & I never had a problem out of them. They have full metal yokes & axles - no parts to separate or maintain. I get it that they want to make the plastic work but CVDs like these are prone to failure, too many moving parts to separate & self-destruct.

"Yeah, it broke, and I know I need to talk about it, but I don't want to talk about it became I got free trucks, so I will blindly accept Arrma's excuse and say it won't be a problem for you"
It's so great that Arrma's on it already even though the first shipment is sitting in containers as we speak :rolleyes: Good luck to the early gang on this one. I find it strange that they changed the mold on the CVD but it's basically the same design. IDK why they would use a C-clip instead of a proven spring coil, but I wouldn't know how a spring coil would behave on plastic since most are on steel axles.

It's so great that Arrma's on it already even though the first shipment is sitting in containers as we speak :rolleyes: Good luck to the early gang on this one. I find it strange that they changed the mold on the CVD but it's basically the same design. IDK why they would use a C-clip instead of a proven spring coil, but I wouldn't know how a spring coil would behave on plastic since most are on steel axles.
I'm wondering if them moving the date back 2 weeks had anything to do with it.

I'm wondering if them moving the date back 2 weeks had anything to do with it.
That means the 1st shipment that's here already (the part that didn't go to influencers) is a bust & they're fixing them in the next batch. Of course, the 1st shipment could always make it to shelves if supply tanks - that is if they're actually fixing them in the first place & not blowing smoke.

See them side by side and stacked on one another, pretty much what and what. More 8 scale than 10.

I have to give props to RC Guy Garage on YT. I usually don't care about the grains of salt hype reviews & runs I see but he's really ripping the truck like a normal basher - not just trying to sell a truck. He's showing the problems he gets into, whether it's user or truck related. While he still give the rigs too much credit, he's willing to show & break down flaws. The platform does seem to hold up much better than the 1st version, but still have some of the same problems.

The performance of them is promising for sure, 51mph on 4s, gotta be pretty light compared to the 6s line. Seems to take lawn darting quite well..maybe after hearing more real world feedback, I might actually be interested myself.
I run 1/8 on 4s fairly regularly, my TC kronos is actually fun on 4s, the kraton exb, not as much, but it has a max6/4092 1650kv so kinda pushing the weight limits for 4s I think. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the v2 4s Arrmas.

The performance of them is promising for sure, 51mph on 4s, gotta be pretty light compared to the 6s line. Seems to take lawn darting quite well..maybe after hearing more real world feedback, I might actually be interested myself.
I run 1/8 on 4s fairly regularly, my TC kronos is actually fun on 4s, the kraton exb, not as much, but it has a max6/4092 1650kv so kinda pushing the weight limits for 4s I think. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the v2 4s Arrmas.
At 9lbs, it's 2lbs lighter than the 6s models, about 1lb than your typical 4s race buggy that use 1/8 systems. The stock system is being pushed to the limit. A 1/8 2650kv motor would make this thing scream - but even the 120a max10 can't handle it while the normal HW WP-8BL100 can run it all day. I Iike the size of the trucks, but with that size I think they should have a system & drivetrain that can support it - & it literally has neither. As soon as you up the motor to something that won't burn up, the drivetrain will suffer. If I want a bulletproof 4s truck, I'd just put a 4068 2650kv in a MT410 & throw a Outcast 4s body/wing on it. Same size, weighs the same, costs the same, & is 10x more bashable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back