Kraton New Arrma 4s 2022 models.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to be a common sentiment from most of the YT reviews thus far..stock suspension is really good.

Just curious, what's proprietary aboot these shocks? I know using spacers instead of threaded collars sucks,but I find them sufficient. Are the shock bodies 16mm?
No, they're 15mm bore, so kind of proprietary... but, I seriously doubt the shocks are going to be a problem, they have 4mm shafts just like the 6s shocks.. and although the bodies aren't threaded, I usually figure out where I want my ride height at and leave it, so the plastic spacers are suffice to me. These are 4s bashers, not 2s race buggies, and most people wouldn't notice the difference 2mm +/- ride height makes anyways

No, they're 15mm bore, so kind of proprietary... but, I seriously doubt the shocks are going to be a problem, they have 4mm shafts just like the 6s shocks.. and although the bodies aren't threaded, I usually figure out where I want my ride height at and leave it, so the plastic spacers are suffice to me. These are 4s bashers, not 2s race buggies, and most people wouldn't notice the difference 2mm +/- ride height makes anyways
Oh, I see. Yeah 15mm is kinda silly, why not just use what they're already making..tooling up just to use something different seems like a waste. I agree, once I've dialed a rig in, I rarely make adjustments.

I tried the baby kraton again last night and it did a lot better after I messed around with max8 settings. It never acted starved for power throughout the whole pack and same 17t pinion.

Making big progress! Though I'm not sure which setting did the trick tbh 🤣. The wifey might have broke something too after spamming wheelies the whole pack. 😔

I tried the baby kraton again last night and it did a lot better after I messed around with max8 settings. It never acted starved for power throughout the whole pack and same 17t pinion.

Making big progress! Though I'm not sure which setting did the trick tbh 🤣. The wifey might have broke something too after spamming wheelies the whole pack. 😔
Glad to hear ur making progress 👍 I do the same, change too much at once and not know what really made the difference I wanted🤣🤣
Glad to hear ur making progress 👍 I do the same, change too much at once and not know what really made the difference I wanted🤣🤣
Swingin for the fence, guess,LOL. 🍻

Last edited:
Oh, I see. Yeah 15mm is kinda silly, why not just use what they're already making..tooling up just to use something different seems like a waste. I agree, once I've dialed a rig in, I rarely make adjustments.
I think they did it because they had to.. look at the clearance between the spring and bottom shock cup at the front axle shafts, there is none, the 6s shocks would have never fit. I think they gave us the best they could and kept the entire package well under $500. I got mine for $439, thats $120 cheaper than a Maxx, which is the only other rtr rig in this class that even comes close (MT410 is a kit truck so easy Tekno fans). The motor/esc could have been a little better, but such is life with almost any rtr of any brand it seems..

I think they did it because they had to.. look at the clearance between the spring and bottom shock cup at the front axle shafts, there is none, the 6s shocks would have never fit. I think they gave us the best they could and kept the entire package well under $500. I got mine for $439, thats $120 cheaper than a Maxx, which is the only other rtr rig in this class that even comes close (MT410 is a kit truck so easy Tekno fans). The motor/esc could have been a little better, but such is life with almost any rtr of any brand it seems..
Makes sense,1mm isn't giving much, but it obviously works, so 15mm shocks it is. I would still pick this over a Maxx any day personally. It just fits my style better, and is over $100 cheaper. Seems the speeds on stock electronics is plenty adequate IMO. I'm a slow poke anyway, most of my stuff is stock..I can't really get away with more than 40-50mph where I run. That's actually pushing the upper limits. Plus rigs get really hurt when crashing at higher speeds, I'm good with 50mph 😉

Just picked up my kraton Wednesday and was hoping to thrash it good yesterday but rain hit during my first pack, so I only got a little taste. I’ll hit the park after work early to finish though. Initial impressions, this being first 10th scale I’ve worked on in the past month or two, on initial impressions it feels a little toy like. While it’s dimensions are close to the K EXB and my other 1/8 Truggy but you can see the difference when side by side. live the new Copperhead2 LP’s and the shocks are very plush. After running a big 6200 4s through it I do like how it runs. while it doesn’t get up and chug like a 6s, it still gets plenty fast plenty quickly. i only had a chance to hit the ramp on its lowest setting before rain killed the session, but it seams to control just fine from what I could tell.
The only real negative performance wise is the turning, which I was surprised at and may not be the actual servo‘s fault. The s652 is in these I be;I’ve, which while on the light side for 12 pound 6s rigs with high profile 3.8’s the stock should move a sub 9 pound Rig on LP’s decent to start. the turning radius is huge and gets bigger as you add in any speed, so I’m thinking servo saver. I have to check it out but it’s probab;y got the 3s style saver built into the servo horn, does anyone know for suse? There’s a number of aftermarket savers for the 3s that may work, I think I have a few upgraded Kimber servo savers that have both Spektrum and 25T spline horn options I may try. At least if I do replace the servo I don't have to worry about the horn not fitting.
overall I think thlevel of performance is what corrally and Traxxas should have shot for in there newest 4s offerings But fell short. Traxass could have revised the shocks and made a few other handling changes and at least had a somewhat competitive offering at $550. I like my max’s but man, even if you get them 6s, Your always struggling with the suspension tuning and cornering with there funky equal front rear set up. The corrally is an impressive list of standard parts, but didn’t impress me as much as a finished rig. It’s narrow width limits stability, and tire options, and its within a pound of a 6s talion so looses a lot of the light quick benefits buggy based rigs usually have. Worst. I’m scared to dig in and get my diffs out for tuning there’s so many little bracing parts I need to remove! Lol it’s fine, but unlike the Kraton Which other then soft turning, really drives nice out the box. The kraton just feels like it’s so much more capable then the other two out the box. I’ll grab some pics when I’m out today with it again

Just picked up my kraton Wednesday and was hoping to thrash it good yesterday but rain hit during my first pack, so I only got a little taste. I’ll hit the park after work early to finish though. Initial impressions, this being first 10th scale I’ve worked on in the past month or two, on initial impressions it feels a little toy like. While it’s dimensions are close to the K EXB and my other 1/8 Truggy but you can see the difference when side by side. live the new Copperhead2 LP’s and the shocks are very plush. After running a big 6200 4s through it I do like how it runs. while it doesn’t get up and chug like a 6s, it still gets plenty fast plenty quickly. i only had a chance to hit the ramp on its lowest setting before rain killed the session, but it seams to control just fine from what I could tell.
The only real negative performance wise is the turning, which I was surprised at and may not be the actual servo‘s fault. The s652 is in these I be;I’ve, which while on the light side for 12 pound 6s rigs with high profile 3.8’s the stock should move a sub 9 pound Rig on LP’s decent to start. the turning radius is huge and gets bigger as you add in any speed, so I’m thinking servo saver. I have to check it out but it’s probab;y got the 3s style saver built into the servo horn, does anyone know for suse? There’s a number of aftermarket savers for the 3s that may work, I think I have a few upgraded Kimber servo savers that have both Spektrum and 25T spline horn options I may try. At least if I do replace the servo I don't have to worry about the horn not fitting.
overall I think thlevel of performance is what corrally and Traxxas should have shot for in there newest 4s offerings But fell short. Traxass could have revised the shocks and made a few other handling changes and at least had a somewhat competitive offering at $550. I like my max’s but man, even if you get them 6s, Your always struggling with the suspension tuning and cornering with there funky equal front rear set up. The corrally is an impressive list of standard parts, but didn’t impress me as much as a finished rig. It’s narrow width limits stability, and tire options, and its within a pound of a 6s talion so looses a lot of the light quick benefits buggy based rigs usually have. Worst. I’m scared to dig in and get my diffs out for tuning there’s so many little bracing parts I need to remove! Lol it’s fine, but unlike the Kraton Which other then soft turning, really drives nice out the box. The kraton just feels like it’s so much more capable then the other two out the box. I’ll grab some pics when I’m out today with it again
Same servo saver as 3s rigs. I agree the turning is horrible and I actually changed my servo and horn and I must have messed up somewhere because I swear my steering is even worse now. I had these same issues on my typhon 3s and it's part of the reason I grew to hate that rig. At least on the 6s rigs the pivot ball things are easy to tune. I'm not even sure what to do on this rig to fix it lol.

Seems like my truck has a slight problem with returning to center and I don't think it's the servo. Hopefully I can get it working better once my replacement HR servo saver gets here. I some how managed to ruin the o rings in the first one.

Seems to be a common sentiment from most of the YT reviews thus far..stock suspension is really good.

Just curious, what's proprietary aboot these shocks? I know using spacers instead of threaded collars sucks,but I find them sufficient. Are the shock bodies 16mm?
Orings, shafts, pistons, rod ends, everything only conpatible with the 4s. I have 6s trucks and i want most of the stuff cross compatible
I have the black srpings on he 6s shocks. Stole them from the 4s. Kinda like the look of them. The springs are slightly stiffer than stock noto springs

Great summary, and I agree 100%.

I thought the wifey broke the kraton as at the end of our pack is was making a weird noise. Turns out she only managed to completely eat up the cheapo 17t pinion I bought from Amazon. Thing barely lasted 1 pack on 4s :ROFLMAO:

I'm bout to send them all back now. Also, setting mesh on these 3s/4s rigs is HARD.

Ok, so this is going to be a long winded post, but bare with me.. I've been messing around with this thing since I picked it up, running on storage charged 3 and 4s batts, mainly because I'm impatient.. ran 10 minutes on the stock electronics just so I could see what it was like, ripped it out, went with a 150a Spektrum esc and 1900kv 4274 Spektrum motor, running stock 13t pinion(after starting with a 17t) stock 57t spur with slipper red loctit-ed 1/4 turn out from full tight, 60k frt diff, 30k rear diff, 55wt oil in the shocks, HR servo saver w/ fixed link. Finally fully charged a 6500mah 4s lhs brand battery and just got done running it to lvc in my front yard(mix of grass, pavement, ramp, ditch jumps, ((general bashing)), and I quite literally was laughing out loud... I'm going to be 40yrs old in a hot minute, and I don't think I've had a toy make me laugh that much in 30 yrs!!! It cart wheeled, flipped, lawn-darted, nose planted and any other thing you could think of, and asked for more... I could hang the frt tires on grass or pavement until it got boring, backflip at almost anytime, and has to be doing every bit of 42/43 mph flat out. I am absolutely blown away with this little rig, and just for comparison, I have a completely modded/truggified 6s Typhon, decked out Xmaxx, my kids 3s rigs, and a indoor off-road carpet truck and a crawler... stock electronics are a little lack luster, and the steering needs a little help yet, but other than that, I really think Arrma got it right, very decent price point for a very capable rig. There, I'm done lol..

The amount of shims i had to put.. 2 times more. Hope it doesbt create issues. I had to use four 0.2 gear side and one 0.1 on the other side.
20220820_192729.jpg

Interesting. Is that the HR yoke? I have them on my front and rear, no issue at all. Each with 1 factory shim on the gear side, and fit in bulkheads perfect
Mine was just jumping around like crazy had to put more shims.
Maybe my hot racing yokes are just defective in tolerences always been like this even with the plastic

Mine was just jumping around like crazy had to put more shims.
Maybe my hot racing yokes are just defective in tolerences always been like this even with the plastic
Man, you seem to have A LOT of bad luck, like A LOT lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back