Kraton New Arrma 4s 2022 models.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya, been sitting on the fence myself. Durability is a concern but seen enough runs on YouTube so not too worried. I like the smaller, lighter, plastic chassis trucks, slippers not so much.

Talked with my hobby shop guy today and he cut me a deal I couldn't refuse so sending me both. Time will tell how they hold up.
Someone welcomed me to the forum long time ago with the statement "Welcome to the money channel". Any idea who that was? Lol

Finally got my kraton 4s today and been trying to install everything. Finally thought I had finished when I go to test it out in my living room and it just has this horrible cogging, especially in reverse. I have no clue why it would be doing this considering I'm using a max 8 G2 (sensorless) but it's pretty bad. I'm wondering if anyone here has a max8 g2 and knows of any settings I'm missing or something? it actually cogs itself to a complete stop in reverse.

I'm geared 20/57 if it matters and I tried on 3s/4s/6s with 6s being the best but it still happened.

Finally got my kraton 4s today and been trying to install everything. Finally thought I had finished when I go to test it out in my living room and it just has this horrible cogging, especially in reverse. I have no clue why it would be doing this considering I'm using a max 8 G2 (sensorless) but it's pretty bad. I'm wondering if anyone here has a max8 g2 and knows of any settings I'm missing or something? it actually cogs itself to a complete stop in reverse.

I'm geared 20/57 if it matters and I tried on 3s/4s/6s with 6s being the best but it still happened.
What motor?
If stock...that is way too much gear.

What motor?
If stock...that is way too much gear.
TP 4050 2100kv. It's so weird, if I go into reverse the truck jerks, goes in reverse slow while jerking and then just stops dead until I let go of throttle and go into reverse again. Foward doesn't do this but still delayed throttle input and some cogging.

TP 4050 2100kv. It's so weird, if I go into reverse the truck jerks, goes in reverse slow while jerking and then just stops dead until I let go of throttle and go into reverse again. Foward doesn't do this but still delayed throttle input and some cogging.
Swap motor/esc one at time with another rig to at least figure out if it's in the motor or esc? Just a thought..

May be some other issues ( like the reverse thing is odd), but I still think a 20t pinion is too large for a 2100kv. I have a 15t in my OC4s with a Castle sensored 2200kv. Hit thermal on the motor before a full pack (no fan at that point on motor, so added it).

I think a 16t would be a better option for the 2100kv. Maybe a 15t since it is not sensored.

May be some other issues ( like the reverse thing is odd), but I still think a 20t pinion is too large for a 2100kv. I have a 15t in my OC4s with a Castle sensored 2200kv. Hit thermal on the motor before a full pack (no fan at that point on motor, so added it).

I think a 16t would be a better option for the 2100kv. Maybe a 15t since it is not sensored.
lol I gear everything big. Tbh I was planning on using a 22t for about 72 mph but I didn't have one and 20 was the next closes I did have. My kraton 6s is geared 24/50 with the 1650 max 6 combo and stock tires, not those tiny backflip lps :eek::ROFLMAO:

I used to gear my talion like 28/46 with a 1650 kv motor. Fans on everything and I check temps. Pretty much every rig I own is geared to do at least 75 mph and most are 80-85. I must be weird :ROFLMAO:

Funny enough, the tp 4050 is 40x82mm and a lot of people run it in limitless's, infractions and kratons 6s etc. I figured the kraton 4s would be easy work for it.

The fact 6s made it better leads me to agree with over geared, but I would have thought that TP motor would be fine with that gearing, at least for awhile..do you solder your own bullets? The TP's can be tricky, they need at least 900° to get a solid bond, I've seen bad solder joints do weird stuff

The Outcast is like a wider/tougher version of the old Kraton 4s V1....but looks better.

Same exact dims for wheelbase and width as an MT410. Feels lighter though.
Based on the pics you took, your right. Wonder what makes the new v2 outcast so much more " playful " . The v1 kraton can't do the same backflups off a curb etc. Must be the extra width I guess ?

Based on the pics you took, your right. Wonder what makes the new v2 outcast so much more " playful " . The v1 kraton can't do the same backflups off a curb etc. Must be the extra width I guess ?
The wheelbase is still a little less than the V1 Kraton. The new OC4s chassis they now call the MWB. Longer than the SWB (Granite, V1 OC), not as long as the LWB (Typhon, Senton, V1 Kraton).

I’m running the max8 g2 combo 2500kv stock setting’s and with a 20/57 gearing it’s butter smooth no cogging at all. Only problem i have was the temps 170 180 not running a fan hopefully when my fans come in it drops down some or just play with gearing. And it’s probably cogging cus your (sensorless) not sensor.

I’m running the max8 g2 combo 2500kv stock setting’s and with a 20/57 gearing it’s butter smooth no cogging at all. Only problem i have was the temps 170 180 not running a fan hopefully when my fans come in it drops down some or just play with gearing. And it’s probably cogging cus your (sensorless) not sensor.
I have a lot of rigs with tp motors and none of them cog. Most of them use mmx8s esc but I also have an outcast exb with a tp 4060 and a max6 with zero problems.
This is really weird and I'm going to have to try a different motor or esc. Both of these were brand new too. Really wishing I would have ran it stock before I upgraded. I wanted to sell the electronics as new though 😱

@L.bizzy RC How does the Max 8 ESC fit? Can you post a pic of how you mounted it? Thanks

I have a lot of rigs with tp motors and none of them cog. Most of them use mmx8s esc but I also have an outcast exb with a tp 4060 and a max6 with zero problems.
This is really weird and I'm going to have to try a different motor or esc. Both of these were brand new too. Really wishing I would have ran it stock before I upgraded. I wanted to sell the electronics as new though 😱
Did you try swapping the motor wires around? I remember when I had the spektrum 160 on my Hobbywing 1100kv motor In my k8 it didn’t like it A/A B/B C/C it was braking hard and going in reverse hard with out stoping then I switched A/C B/B C/A it fixed it no matter how the motor rotation was in the esc. Maybe you can try that if you haven’t already.
@L.bizzy RC How does the Max 8 ESC fit? Can you post a pic of how you mounted it? Thanks
I use the bracket it came with and use 3m super double sided tape.

Attachments

• E3CC0A9D-20E9-4124-9180-08A2EAB4946B.jpeg
    E3CC0A9D-20E9-4124-9180-08A2EAB4946B.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 39F81245-A1A7-41B2-8BE4-9AD9DA616E5B.jpeg
    39F81245-A1A7-41B2-8BE4-9AD9DA616E5B.jpeg
    365.1 KB · Views: 38
  • D17FA407-8E9B-46D2-94F7-55FB4A272FB8.jpeg
    D17FA407-8E9B-46D2-94F7-55FB4A272FB8.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 64
Just letting everyone know the Kraton 4s V2 and Outcast 4s V2 chassis's are in stock at Tower and HH. As of writing the OUtcast ones are also available at JRC, but the Kraton ones arent. And the Kraton one is only about $4 more. I went ahead and ordered one with my Loyalty points just in case. Also ordered some more parts for my upcoming build. Its getting bigger, better, and more fun daily!

Do you have a program card for the G2? Assuming all your joints are solldered properly, only thing I can think of is starting from scratch..make sure the esc is set to defaults, then go through throttle calibration procedures again. It's a pia, but really could be that the throttle range is outta whack.
Also, double check your esc lead to the receiver, a pinched wire could cause intermittent contact, even the power switch wires can cause strange issues. Easy to pinch those wires while installing. Good luck bud, can't wait to see it rip!!

Last edited:
lol I gear everything big. Tbh I was planning on using a 22t for about 72 mph but I didn't have one and 20 was the next closes I did have. My kraton 6s is geared 24/50 with the 1650 max 6 combo and stock tires, not those tiny backflip lps :eek::ROFLMAO:

I used to gear my talion like 28/46 with a 1650 kv motor. Fans on everything and I check temps. Pretty much every rig I own is geared to do at least 75 mph and most are 80-85. I must be weird :ROFLMAO:

Funny enough, the tp 4050 is 40x82mm and a lot of people run it in limitless's, infractions and kratons 6s etc. I figured the kraton 4s would be easy work for it.
Here’s my guess, Hobbywing might not have “Smartsense” and it’s just searching for a sensored cable ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back