New Arrma Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back from a shakedown session with my new Kraton EXB setup with 4s battery. It, as expected rocks! Wheelies, stoppies, power slides. I only used 100% a few times on the straights. The machine is a beast. I can't imagine 8s.
I'm happy for now and will buy another 4s battery.

If I were buying a new RC today it would be a Typhon 6s for sure. They are small light and tough as nails. Run it on 4S until you get used to it and then upgrade to a 6S and feel what ludicrous mode feels like ??
Agree- typhon 6s is spot on and you can ease into it using 4s which is still way punchy

Also depends on what you plan to do with it?

Or.... ?
1B25E016-EC7B-4C11-AE2E-334BF1050052.jpeg

Last edited:
wouldnt go straight to the notorious - or at least start on 4S - i speak from painful experience, but fun fun fun! :ROFLMAO:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/media/bashing-with-arrma-notorious-6s.10009/

it will with a big run up, my daughter managed one by luck.......just before the 2 min mark :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That is amazing! How old is your daughter? I have a 10 year old boy and twin 8 year old girls. That's a lot of RC trucks. BUt well worth it for quality time with kids.

What are you running on in the video? 4S for you and 3S in the Senton? I think my son's next RC may be the new matte black Granite Big Rock 3S. Little bit longer wheel base should help with stability. Plus it looks awesome.

That is amazing! How old is your daughter? I have a 10 year old boy and twin 8 year old girls. That's a lot of RC trucks. BUt well worth it for quality time with kids.

What are you running on in the video? 4S for you and 3S in the Senton? I think my son's next RC may be the new matte black Granite Big Rock 3S. Little bit longer wheel base should help with stability. Plus it looks awesome.
12 - she’s getting into it, V3 is out in the autumn so I’ll be getting that and giving the V2 to her ??

yeh, 4s for me - 6s in the notorious is for when I’m feeling cocky- I have the speed pinion dotted and it’s ridiculous! Always run the senton on 3s and the rest is stock But I love the car!! I’ve got other vids where it does stuff I wasn’t expecting- it almost parachutes through the air

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRo0-G8667S9zzrsickmpEw
Not dotted- fitted!

The problem with the Typhon is that it is limited to the type of terrain it can run on. Is it a good speed rig? Absolutely. It is great on smooth dirt surfaces? Absolutely. But if you try to run it where you typically run a Kraton or Outcast/Notorious it will struggle. That's why I can't recommend it as a first 6S rig.
Can you dumb this down for me? What terrain would you typically run Kraton/Outcast/Notorious in, vs Typhon? I'm assuming you mean Typhon is meant for dirt, but I'm not sure. I'm looking for something that will work well in grassy fields (like mowed grass at the local park). Thanks!

Can you dumb this down for me? What terrain would you typically run Kraton/Outcast/Notorious in, vs Typhon? I'm assuming you mean Typhon is meant for dirt, but I'm not sure. I'm looking for something that will work well in grassy fields (like mowed grass at the local park). Thanks!
The Typhon works best on groomed dirt. You can run it in grass but the grass can't be too long.

Ground clearance and suspension travel. The monster trucks have a lot more of both so you can just send them over terrain that is much rougher and do things like launch them over jumps that will destroy a buggy. There is quite a bit of construction in my area and I can just point my MTs at anything and go at it. A buggy wouldn’t be able to run on 90% of it,they don’t have enough ground clearance or big enough wheels and tires to drive over that.

A buggy is faster and handles better on a track or smooth surface but if you are bashing you want a monster truck or truggy.

A buggy is faster and handles better on a track or smooth surface but if you are bashing you want a monster truck or truggy.
So a Typhon would be fine on grass? That's my preference since it has 17mm wheel nuts, but I thought the ground clearance would be an issue vs the Granite or Big Rock.

So a Typhon would be fine on grass? That's my preference since it has 17mm wheel nuts, but I thought the ground clearance would be an issue vs the Granite or Big Rock.

It'll power through it. One of the spots I run my 6S on is trimmed grass (about 1"~3.5" tall) and you can see it slow down even on 6S Lipo.

This is why people will recommend that you go with the truggy (Kraton) since its wider and taller (wider for the easier handling and taller for more ground clearance), over the buggy that's lower to the ground and shorter arms for 'racing.'

This is why people will recommend that you go with the truggy (Kraton) since its wider and taller (wider for the easier handling and taller for more ground clearance), over the buggy that's lower to the ground and shorter arms for 'racing.'
Ah, that's the confusion - I thought the Typhon was a truggy and not a buggy. I'm looking for something 3S, since I'll probably have to buy 2 of them (one for me, one for kids), so I guess that limits me to Granite and/or Big Rock.

kraton 4s for beginner, 6s needs proper upgrades if u want to bash proper, but u can run the 6s on 4s battery.

Exactly! I am already starting to regret not getting a 4S model. Like @BIGBOI said, 6S models require a TON of upgrades. FE the stock chassis is pretty weak, suspension mounts are horrible, shock towers are pretty bad, too. Even for light bashing, you'll still be needing to spend around $150 on upgrades. I am running my Noto on 4S and do very light bashing and have already bent my bumper and damaged my susp. mount. Really, for the for the only problem (other than the STX2) are the shocks. But most of the time they're fine though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back