New arrma cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In person, the TLRT body is much better. But colors are subjective. At least they changed the body scheme. The Typhon V5 is played out to me.
It is a prepainted body. Take it or leave it.. I feel the TLRT is actually rather Inexpensive IMHO. A roller. What many wanted . I do think the TLR branding was dumb however.:(Nothing Team Losi About it at all.(n) Just a generic Race ready rig. Very tunable.
I would rather paint my own Typhon body. Even get a PL Axis body. My own colors for sure. The body was far from a deal breaker for me. RTR bodies are what they are. HH doesn't take surveys for how to paint their stuff. Is what it is.

Edit.

A Tekno MT410 is still a bargin IMO.(y)(y)
But yeah, that EB48 2.0 buggy is $600. large. Ouch.:(

Last edited:
Personally, I like the vorteks body.
But, this thread was for discussing the new rc cars not insulting arrma because the cars released didn't appeal to you. I don't have roadway but I still like the new cars, even if I never buy them. I do understand there are more wanted cars for the market (by all of us crazy fanboys) but at the same time arrma needs new fanboys too.

But, this thread was for discussing the new rc cars not insulting arrma because the cars released didn't appeal to you. I don't have roadway but I still like the new cars, even if I never buy them. I do understand there are more wanted cars for the market (by all of us crazy fanboys) but at the same time arrma needs new fanboys too.
I love all the new stuff.
As long as I don't own one.:ROFLMAO:

Vendetta wont fit a 1/7th scale. Size matters I think. Not 100% sure. Maybe if you trim down or cut off the front a bit of whole 1/7 chassis it will fit?? IDK.:unsure:

Yes they are getting worse and worse. Expensive? Have you seen the price of a Losi 8ight-X, Tekno EB48 2.0 or any buggy race kit for that matter?
Yeah, I forgot they are 420$, they should just come with a clear body though or pretty much any other color any buggy has ever been besides what it is. Nice buggy otherwise, maybe a little heavy...

Last edited:
The body comes painted because it keeps with brand recognition. A Brand identity. Marketting. It would be easy to slip in an unpainted body. And Cheaper for HH/Arrma. These are bashers. Track rigs are always custom painted so you can see your own rig on the track among others. Picture 10 TLR Typhons all with stocker bodies at the same time on the track. It would be chaos.:LOL:

Yeah, I forgot they are 420$, they should just come with a clear body though or pretty much any other color any buggy has ever been besides what it is. Nice buggy otherwise, just a little heavy...
The body comes painted because it keeps with brand recognition. A Brand identity. Marketting. It would be easy to slip in an unpainted body. And Cheaper for HH/Arrma. These are bashers. Track rigs are always custom painted so you can see your own rig on the track among others. Picture 10 TLR Typhons all with stocker bodies at the same time on the track. It would be chaos.:LOL:
They should do like Corally does with the Kronos XTR and include both the painted and unpainted body.

Me too, I use it for one of my other cars, pretty tough shell and cheap at Jennys....

As for the new cars, the Infraction will sell for sure, it looks killer. I bet the Vendetta looks better in person. I’ve been studying pictures of it and it’s starting to grow on me. Nice to have new models to post about.

The 4x4 platform looks like it would be durable for On Road use.
Just not into that scale. I am spoiled already with the 1/7 line of On Roads.
Like I posted earlier, $400. gets you a Limitless 1/7 roller!
$450 for this one. IDK. Makes no sense. What value is there???
And I have a TA 4wd Touring car already.
Not for me.
Im sure some will scoop them up.

The 4x4 platform looks like it would be durable for On Road use.
Just not into that scale. I am spoiled already with the 1/7 line of On Roads.
Like I posted earlier, $400. gets you a Limitless 1/7 roller!
$450 for this one. IDK. Makes no sense. What value is there???
And I have a TA 4wd Touring car already.
Not for me.
Im sure some will scoop them up.
The Vendetta is $450 compared to the $600 Felony - there is the value. For the new guy on a budget that does not have a boxload of spare motors and ESC's, that $150 (plus the extra cost of batteries, 3s vs 6s) is a big difference.

New guy at the hobby shop would see the $400 Limitless, and have the guy behind the counter showing him a $100 Savox servo, $150 DX5C, $200 Spektrum Motor/ESC combo ($850 or so total, and still need batteries and a charger) and still not see your "Value", even over the $600 RTR Felony. Or he can walk out with a $450 Vendetta, a 50C battery, and a 50w charger, and be really RTR for under $600.

This car is not for you, we get it. But it makes as much sense alongside the Infraction as having a Granite next to a Kraton. Every argument you make could be made against the entire 3s (and 4s) line, and it also works well to say if bigger is better, why do we need a 6s line when there is a 8s line?

Fact of the matter is a $100 step up is a big deal for a family on a budget. This is why Arrma needs to hit various price points with "similar" product. If you feel the new Vendetta is too close to the price of the 6s Infraction/Felony, wait till the next release (of the 6s cars). I have a feeling Arrma will be forced to raise the price on all the 6s cars next release. :(

6s line is a mature platform and the most popular for Arrma. Best support and popularity IMHO.
The 4x4 line Is a transition platform to move up to the 6s line. How it is marketted from my perspective. To get many into the Arrma brand. Yes.
8s platform is not as strong. I feel was meant to compete with other brands. And Not a progression platform from the 6s line.
A 4X4 anything still needs Lipos and charger just like the 6s line. That's a wash.
I don't let marketting guide my wallet.
The Lim is the bargain for Speed running. RC is an investment. Having to split hairs with adding elctrics to a Lim roller is a moot point. I learned in this hobby, that it is a continued investment. It does not stop because you got a RTR that is supposedly complete with subpar electrics and a servo that will be replaced anyway at some point. Buy cheap buy twice.
My point is not about me and what I like. Or think what is Best for Me.
It is about buying cheap buying twice, this matters for the average RC consumer. A newb or not.
LHS will sell you the whole store if they could. They will have you put all your apples into something not practical. Seen it over and over
Again, marketting doesn't guide my wallet.
I do.
I will agree to disagree.:)
I am sure many will jump into these new 4x4's. The Arrma brand is successful. I am not a fanboy of any one product or brand as of late . Doing RC for a long time.
Just not so sure many will see the value of the new 4x4 on roads in the long term.
Hey, prove me wrong.
I'm all open.
:cool:

6s line is a mature platform and the most popular for Arrma. Best support and popularity IMHO.
The 4x4 line Is a transition platform to move up to the 6s line. How it is marketted from my perspective. To get many into the Arrma brand. Yes.
8s platform is not as strong. I feel was meant to compete with other brands. And Not a progression platform from the 6s line.
A 4X4 anything still needs Lipos and charger just like the 6s line. That's a wash.
I don't let marketting guide my wallet.
The Lim is the bargain for Speed running. RC is an investment. Having to split hairs with adding elctrics to a Lim roller is a moot point. I learned in this hobby, that it is a continued investment. It does not stop because you got a RTR that is supposedly complete with subpar electrics and a servo that will be replaced anyway at some point. Buy cheap buy twice.
My point is not about me and what I like. Or think what is Best for Me.
It is about buying cheap buying twice, this matters for the average RC consumer. A newb or not.
LHS will sell you the whole store if they could. They will have you put all your apples into something not practical. Seen it over and over
Again, marketting doesn't guide my wallet.
I do.
I will agree to disagree.:)
I am sure many will jump into these new 4x4's. The Arrma brand is successful. I am not a fanboy of any one product or brand as of late . Doing RC for a long time.
Just not so sure many will see the value of the new 4x4 on roads in the long term.
Hey, prove me wrong.
I'm all open.
:cool:
I think it will com down to this...

New guys joins the forum and says "Hey I don't know what to choose but want to do speed running. I am thinking of the Vendetta or maybe even the Limitless."

At that point we should point him to the Limitless as the most reliable option to do it.

BUT if someone comes in and says I know the Limitless is the speed runner option, but I like the Vendetta and 3s line better, and want to run it. We can do our best to guide them on how to build it.

Nothing wrong with exploring other options even if we know the Limitless/infraction is the better platform. This hobby is great and interesting because not everyone does the same thing, likes the same colors, etc... I enjoy the variety and insights others come up with.

I don't know that I'll ever speed run a 3s model, but I love watching the others do it.

My step-daughter loves the two mini infractions! They are ‘skid cars’ (drift😅) she said, that we can race togethor! She wants the America-Texas colored one…Red and white, she just moved to Texas so she’s all excited and into it. I’ll get the other weird colored one because I like it.

It’s already perfectly set up for her skill level, mine too probably. I’ve got the parts to upgrade it to 3s and know the set up inside and out so no worries. I won’t upgrade for a while though. We’re going to race, things need to be even🙃 I think the release date is late this year or early next year so that’s perfect. Roughly $650 for two cars I already know, have near every extra part I need and that make my kid want to play with RCs more?!
THANK YOU ARRMA!

Hell, This may even lead up to me getting a more real road car someday. I really like the look of the Vendetta. Hell, all this will eventually lead to me getting a 6s car. I already find myself watching more videos, and starting to talk about it with my wife. A next year or so kind of thing.

This is the third release they’ve had since I picked up the habit…hobby I mean, late last year. Can’t wait to see what they have next. Seems like every 5-6 months or so something comes up.

arrma is revealing an infraction and a vendetta today sometime. I would guess 3s for the infraction.
No. The infraction is actually only 2s. It is part of the mega lineup so it is brushed. The vendetta is brushless 3s!

I got to use one yesterday and place my order.

Did anyone notice the specs for the diffs? Says the Vendetta rear diff uses gear grease and not silicone diff fluid. Front diff is 10k cst silicone fluid but rear is gear grease.

Screenshot_20211023-101210_Chrome.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back